Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
crounsa810
National High School Star

Default I think I screwed up my leg..

OK, long story short:

Went to beach. Went in water. Someone called me. I turned around. Didn't see a huge wave coming at me. Foot was buried in the sand. Leg was positioned so that my upper body was twisting while the legs were facing straight. Water hit leg. Leg twisted. Felt like it popped. There was also a cracking noise. Hurt like hell. I didn't do anything about it, so I just rested it for awhile and took a few months off from ball & running.

Its gotten back to almost pre-wave condition, but today while I was going to class, I turned around again because I was looking @ a girl ( ) and once again, upper body twisted, leg straight, although this time I got my foot stuck in the carpet & did the same cracking popping painful thing.

Now, what should I do? Does this sound like some type of injury that should probably get checked out? I know you're not doctors, but ball players usually know their stuff when it comes to leg injuries.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Default Re: I think I screwed up my leg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
OK, long story short:

Went to beach. Went in water. Someone called me. I turned around. Didn't see a huge wave coming at me. Foot was buried in the sand. Leg was positioned so that my upper body was twisting while the legs were facing straight. Water hit leg. Leg twisted. Felt like it popped. There was also a cracking noise. Hurt like hell. I didn't do anything about it, so I just rested it for awhile and took a few months off from ball & running.

Its gotten back to almost pre-wave condition, but today while I was going to class, I turned around again because I was looking @ a girl ( ) and once again, upper body twisted, leg straight, although this time I got my foot stuck in the carpet & did the same cracking popping painful thing.

Now, what should I do? Does this sound like some type of injury that should probably get checked out? I know you're not doctors, but ball players usually know their stuff when it comes to leg injuries.

If you play sports I would definitely get it checked out. If you don't play sports I personally would at least get a diagnoses. Where is the pain/popping coming from in the leg? The knee? If it's the foot or the knee I would get it checked out. It could cause you major problems when you're older and you'll hate yourself later for not taking care of the problem then.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
crounsa810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
If you play sports I would definitely get it checked out. If you don't play sports I personally would at least get a diagnoses. Where is the pain/popping coming from in the leg? The knee? If it's the foot or the knee I would get it checked out. It could cause you major problems when you're older and you'll hate yourself later for not taking care of the problem then.
Yeah it's in the knee, like around & under the kneecap.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
HisAirness
Reno's Finest

Quote:
Yeah it's in the knee, like around & under the kneecap.

Maybe tore a meniscus. I did that. It locks up sometimes.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

sounds like an ACL or meniscus... you should definitely see the doctor if you heard a "pop" and it hurts. a "pop" usually is a reason to def see doc.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
crounsa810

It sucks because now, even before today, it just doesn't feel strong enough when I have to run on it. Everytime I would go up for a rebound or run full court or jump in anyway I kept feeling like I was going to land like Shaun Livingston. It just doesn't have the same strength anymore. The knee keeps feeling like it's going to buckle whenever I play ball, unless I'm just shooting around. Plus, I used to be about 1 1/2 inches from being able to touch the rim, now I'm about 8 inches away.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
v-unit
NBA All-star

God fucking damnit that pissed me off reading that. Go see a fucking doctor immediatly.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
OK, long story short:

Here's a tip:

If you have to ask if you should go see a doctor, you probably need to go see a doctor.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness
Maybe tore a meniscus. I did that. It locks up sometimes.

This. I've torn my meniscus twice, and your injury sounds pretty consistent from what I experienced.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
halffttime
shorty doowop

sounds like your classic case of a boner..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

i'll officially be a doc in about a month...sounds like a meniscal tear (assuming you're talking about your knee) - go get it checked out...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
Vybe
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sounds a lot like when I tore my acl and lateral meniscus.... get it checked out I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like its going to buckle.
Vybe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: