Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Default Re: As the season wears on, the angrier I get at Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Fine. have it your way.....

your such a gifted person at defending your points. when someone tries to get personal over a computer and not trying to prove a point, you can tell what they truly are. They are what they call someone else

Quote Originally Posted by LA KB24
    Lol @ this thread.
    looking at the picture and your display name.... yeah we dont even need to know your opinion

Not airballing my layups anymore

stop feeding the troll/retard
    (i apologize if OP is really mentally ill)

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010

your such a gifted person at defending your points. when someone tries to get personal over a computer and not trying to prove a point, you can tell what they truly are. They are what they call someone else

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I don't think Kobe will age well, and I doubt he'll be able to pass the reigns to Gasol, Bynum, etc .
    You can forget about Bynum because he is too injury prone, and when he is healthy, he is not that consistent.

It will be Gasol's team. And because Laker fans will want a superstar with charisma, and Gasol is a quiet sort, they will want Kevin Durant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    Let me start off that I am a proud laker fan. Kobe bryant is my favorite player b/c of his pure skill and toughness. I am a lakers fan 1st, kobe bryant fan 2nd.And the fact that he does not act like the typical star athlete- go out to parties every night, make statements on issues he doesnt have an educated opinion on, and go out of his way to proclaim himself as the greatest thing since the wheel.

However, watching that game last night just goes to show why Kobe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the larry birds, the magic johnsons, the jordans, chamberlins, etc. Out of all those players I mentioned, none of them would have been playing this poorly this season. He may be putting up respectable stats compared to any other player, however stats do not tell everything. The few games ive been able to catch and the articles ive ready on my free time about the games the lakers have played this season, and checking the FG% for the wins and losses, I can tell Kobe is essentially a shell of his former self. His game is built on taking these impossible shots, and in his prime he was probably the greatest impossible shot maker of all time. No, Jordan rarely took bad shots. He did not need to. Jordan could get anywhere on the court whenever he wanted.

I will tell you one thing, none of the legends i mentioned would have missed 13 shots in a row in a statement game like last night. They would have been smart enough to quit shooting and focus on the other parts of the game such as defense, rebounding, facilitating, or just being an enforcer. None of the legends I mentioned would be putting up stats like this at the age of 32.They would not be playing like Kobe so far THIS SEASON though they knew it hurt their teams doing so
    And another thing, Magic and Bird did not have to take a bunch of shots to be effective. They could dominate a game taking 9 shots- bc they were the most versatile players of all time. And idk if Jordan could dominate a game taking as many shots as Magic or Bird, however I think he would be smart enough to sacrifice shots and focused on other aspects of the game if in case his shot just wasnt there that night.

Kobe bryant is just stubborn, and being too caught up in catching Jordan. If he wants people to even consider him in the top 10, he needs to change his identity. He needs to transition from this 35 ppg scorer(he only averaged it once, but you would think the way he has been playing lately he is trying to replicate that again) to a 20 7 and 8 guy w/ a couple blocks and steals per game. And in the big games regardless whether it is playoffs or regular season, needs to play smarter. He almost cost us game 7 last year b/c he went into DA mode, if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get out of the 1st round. He already had a helping hand in cost us a dynasty w/ getting shaq sent away. Not to make Shaq look innocent himself, but Kobe could have risen above it. Magic got to the lakers and it was Kareems team. Kobe should have taken what Magic did to heart and done it w/ shaq.

The other greats were coachable. MJ was heading down Kobe's way for awhile there. But luckily 2 things happened: 1) the Bad Boy pistons. You are talking about one of the greatest defenses in the history of basketball to do what they did to Jordan who is the greatest scorer ever. After losing year after year he knew that he was going to have to help develop his teamates. 2) Phil Jackson managed to coach him into trusting his teamates. If only Kobe was that coachable. But I guess I would be asking too much from a guy who has a shot selection that would make Stevie Wonder look like Magic Johnson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

Successful Troll Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Look dude, we all know you are a troll using an old account. You only have 398 posts for crying out loud.

Dude the whole premise of your opening statement is how Jordan is better than Kobe. A true Lakers/Kobe fans would recongnize that everyone has bad games.

Wade early on this season had his share of bad games, one game he went 1/13 (missing 12 straight shots). Lebron had his share of bad games this season aswell..

Your thread is basically stating how Kobe shouldnt be compared with Jordan and so on.. You are a clear Jordan/Lebron nutgagger, Get over it! Kobe has two bad games and here you are. The perfect opportunity to spread your bs about how Kobe can't be named in the same breath as the greats.

This bull crap gets old pretty quick! Its the same bs all over again from another gimmick account
    This

everytime kobe had bad games they come out firing.

Lakers are MY TEAM

Yep, been dealing for years with hate on Kobe, and then they win the title.

Perhaps he needs to adjust, but he will, and as some has said he will have to take a different role. Will he? It's a good question in 3 years he has a 30 million dollar annual salary, and he won't be earning that, that's for sure.

Regardless of all the whining here, Kobe is still a damn good player and in the playoffs or for any one game, he is still top 5 for the guy you want to win that game. Not too shabby.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Good post. Reality

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

i agree with the OP but i also think MJ was a much better passer to the open man when he was getting doubled, tripled than kobe ever was. MJ would ALWAYS hit that open guy with either a fake shot pass down low or cross court. just REALLY high bball IQ. kobe a lot of times seems to be way more about himself or at least the Lakers living and dying with him than giving it up sometimes and letting them finish. i mean theres a lot of times he just blinders the basket and you know he isn't passing it. his bball IQ just isn't there with some of the 'legends' and its very noticeable.

i also think people are downplaying it big time acting like he always was like this. kobe used to be a threat to score 40+ on any given night and catch fire especially from 3 where he's just nailing them like layups. i haven't seen that kobe in a long time. he's looked absolutely terrible the last few games with the exception of last night. he at least reigned it in and played efficient last night but i guess he realized he was hurting them or maybe Phil told him the deal.

anyways you either have to be completely dominating the boards, playing amazing defense, or something like that to make up for so many missed shots by your star player on a given night.

and kobe when he gets really old can always end up being a jump shooter in the league when his legs have nothing left. he could probably play a long time in the league if he wanted to just as a shooter.

just had to bump this

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, Bryant's 18 shots per game really killed the Lakers in the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Highly doubt Kobe gives a shit about how angry you are. Its funny that after 14 years of pure dominance and winning, these people are acting like Kobe is such a flawed player. 7 NBA Finals appearances in 14 NBA seasons...ya this guy doesn't know team ball at all. You would think he would get the benefit of the doubt when him and his team are mired in a December slump
    and yeah. no rings for my lakers this year