Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Simmons = Okafor and Ingram = KAT?

Simmons and Okafor were considered to be the consensus best players in college basketball for the majority of their seasons. However, towards the end of the college basketball season and during the predraft process Ingram and KAT usurped them. Simmons and Okafor are being criticized for playing poor defense and having poor jump-shots. Ingram and KAT are seen as potential 2 way/franchise players. KAT ended being a true franchise player with no major decencies and I think Ingram can surprise everyone and emerge as a true #1 option franchise player. Okafor proved to be an empty stats guy with real limitations and Simmons could prove to be the same.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Simmons = Okafor and Ingram = KAT?

Hopefully Lakers get the worst of the 2. But it won't happen, because they are the Lakers and the 76ers gonna do their usual thing.

Unpopular opinion: I think Okafor will be just as good if not better than KAT long term. KAT is more skilled right now but Okafor is bigger, stronger, more athletic, more naturally talented and has a natural feel on the offensive end.

Simmons is all talent, no drive. He's a Melo or a Derrick Coleman. Content to earn money and collect awards. I don't see him leading a team to a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Unpopular opinion: I think Okafor will be just as good if not better than KAT long term. KAT is more skilled right now but Okafor is bigger, stronger, more athletic, more naturally talented and has a natural feel on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Simmons is all talent, no drive. He's a Melo or a Derrick Coleman. Content to earn money and collect awards. I don't see him leading a team to a championship.
    Yeah, the intangibles matter for a superstar potential player. To get to that highest level, you want guys who want to get better and want to compete and win, not just show up. There are some red flags with Simmons. You can't fake inner motivation. Some guys just don't have it.

Very unpopular..

He might be bigger and stronger, who knows. But I strongly disagree that Okafor is more athletic or more naturally talented, KAT also has a natural feel for the offensive game as well as defense - an area where you can expect Okafor to always be behind.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann

Did you see Okafor DESTROY Towns in their first match up? It looked like a grown man vs first grader.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Did you see Okafor DESTROY Towns in their first match up? It looked like a grown man vs first grader.
    Yeah he was legit on the offensive end and got Towns into foul trouble IIRC, which limited his minutes and he never got going.

still had a higher FG%, 3PT% (okafor can't shoot 3s) and FT%, averaged more ppg, rpg bpg, better PER, was a positive on both offensive and defensive end and was the unanimous ROY for the season.. There is no doubt who the better player is at this point in time.

Okafor is Al Jefferson at best. Can score 20 points a game but isn't the strongest rebounder and won't be an anchor on a good defensive team... Towns can shoot from 3, is an above 80% shooter from the line and has potential to be an elite defender in the next few years. His game can have the kind of impact that KG's did, especially with KG coaching him in Minnesota. Okafor is in a terrible situation in Philly.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Yes! It's usually best to use a sample size of one when doing an evaluation.

Okafor is a good shooter wtf are you talking about

Okafor is a Brook Lopez type player.

KAT has the chance to become a legit 20/10 defensive anchor

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Okafor is a good shooter wtf are you talking about
    10-16 ft 35%
    16 ft - 3pt 27%

38% total on jump shots, but most are inside 15 ft

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    10-16 ft 35%
    16 ft - 3pt 27%

38% total on jump shots, but most are inside 15 ft
    Thats really good for a rookie who never reclassed