Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I disliked Iverson in the past and thought he was overrated but...this guy is too good to come off the bench right now. Lot of aging superstars who are even older than him are never even considered for a bench role. He has been catching some very undeserved hate last couple of
    years.
    I think the whole "starter vs. 6th man" thing is being misunderstood here. I don't think teams are saying that he has to be a 6th man. I think it's more about "The Iverson way" being taken off the table. The Iverson way is Allen starting and being a focal point (if not the focal point) in the offense. The Iverson way is Iverson playing the number of minutes he wants, when he wants. The Iverson way is Allen getting what he wants, every time he wants it.

That's what teams are now rejecting. A inefficient player with a bad attitude is no longer something teams are in the market for. 6 years ago, sure. Today, not so much. I have a hard time seeing Iverson being effective as a starter just because I don't think he knows how to play off the ball. I don't think he could come in as a two guard and make cuts towards the basket. I don't think he could prevent himself from playing ISO when he gets a touch... he's just not a team player and never has been, and teams don't want those types of players when they see all of the superstars around the league who are team players.

Saw a basketball once BigSmooth4's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson APPRECIATION Thread

good thread.

Everybody badmouthing Iverson in this thread needs to kill themselves right now so the world's average IQ can ****ing skyrocket overnight.

Default Allen Iverson Not Retiring

As heard on TNT, AI is not going anywhere. Apparently, ESPN has retracted their story and the whole thing is not true.

Also, AI's college coach, John Thompson wants to meet him face to face to discuss his future.

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Allen Iverson Not Retiring

Yeah at first it sounded strange to me so I didnt give much confidence to the news, I doubt that AI wants to retire now that he is searching like a hunt dog for another opportunity.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Sickest crossover of AI's career.

[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

Not airballing my layups anymore nev3rh00d's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
    he might say that he is retiring but he's not done. he will play in the nba again. book it
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksauce

like many captions said to this pic,
    AI was not afraid to go up against the best

AI you will be missed and i just HOPE you are back

Banned

He took the sixers on a dream journey against two Lakers stars, and made them look dumb. He was the Question and then became the Answer. *** them haters beacause the guy was real when he played, and spoke from the heart. A guy that would talk about his mom and bring his kids on the stage.
    The player with no rings, and alot of players want to wear the number 3. He wore the sleeve and fo sho everyone started to wear it. Never have I seen a player make Jordan look slow and old like he did in his rookie year on one dam play. I was even mad when he did that to MJ. Never have I seen a player
    clown so many with a crossover, and make them fall flat. Antonio Daniels? Remember that? It was like he was in the NBA Street video game. I never seen him bragg and get in players face when he did a tip jam over them or crossed them over. A rookie who scored like 40 points like 5 straight games and was the number one pick at 6'1. Man like come on there is never gonna be another Iverson. He took Tim Hardaways crossover and put style and grace in it even tho Timmy had a fast crosover as well. The guy had fallouts, on the court and off but the media always talk about the bad. **** the media too. They never talked about the time when Iverson when he seen accident on the road and turned around to help the person. Any other big player would have kept going except the real ol gees. If he plays again kewl if not kewl I payed my respects. Peace

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

My bro loves AI. He has tons of NBA cards including his rookies cards.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

where's the retracted article or announcment ?? (proof)

help us out here ...http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=154742

need to check page two ...

on radio Coach T. say's no.
    Last edited by Jasper; 11-26-2009 at 11:31 PM.

[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

Just wondering, hypothetically if he decide to retire from the NBA and finish his college education, is he eligible to play in the NCAA?

Dunking on everybody in the park hassano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Seano
    Everybody badmouthing Iverson in this thread needs to kill themselves right now so the world's average IQ can ****ing skyrocket overnight.
    This