Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Richard Sherman has SWAG

That sh*t was unnecessary, and i think he shoulda calmed the F down, but whatever.

I think some ppl who are talking badly about it never even saw the play at hand. Sherman tipped the ball into teammates hands for an interception to end the NFC Championship. That was a career defining play and the dude didn't have time to calm down and his excitement bled into the post-game interview.

Big deal.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    violence over words is never justifiable.

Dr King teach you nothing, prime?
    Dr. King's teachings of compassion don't exactly resonate with Mr. Sherman, either...

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I never once said he was "classy" in here

I am saying his arrogance came off more comedic and "fun" and likable...while Sherm comes off serious and douchy, not fun
    In a nutshell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Not every American knows the personal background of these guys on the field. The casual viewer's first exposure to Sherman is him screaming at Erin Andrews' question like an enraged lunatic yelling at his cheating wife AFTER his team gets to the Super Bowl.

Those ugly racist tweets are despicable but excuse me for not sympathizing that all of America doesn't see him in a favorable fashion after sounding like a damn banshee on a national stage.

Dude wants to play the misunderstood passion card and be dumbfounded that casual viewers see him as a stereotype? Not everyone who watches big NFL playoff games give a shit about the details of these guys' lives. He doesn't desrve hatred and being called ugly hateful things but he showed out as 'typical' to the average traditionalist in their assertion of black athletes at the pro level.

The only athlete I've truly admired since Gary Payton left. Ever since his rookie year I've had my eye on him here in Seattle, like Payton he talks the talk but then also backs it up.

What he did here, was completely okay and understandable. When you walk the walk you should be allowed to talk the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    The only athlete I've truly admired since Gary Payton left. Ever since his rookie year I've had my eye on him here in Seattle, like Payton he talks the talk but then also backs it up.

What he did here, was completely okay and understandable. When you walk the walk you should be allowed to talk the talk.
    I've no problem with what he did. Obviously he was emotional and had previous history with Crabtree. I do find it funny how quickly people try to say what he did was old school. The majority of the old school HOF guys, talked trash on the field and didn't go crazy in the interviews after the game. I do think a bit of it was marketing for himself. He is a corner back, so he has to do what he thinks will garner the attention and endorsements. If he backs it up in the Superbowl and the Seahawks win then he will have a ton of endorsements and such come in. If they fall flat then it will be a long off season. Either way more people will tune in now.

I think the post game press conference took it over the line. At that point he made it all about him and not about the team. The sideline stuff with Andrews is fine with me because it was right after the game ended and he was obviously riding an emotional high.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Yea I actually want the Seahawks to win now because so much people are up in arms over this shit.
    This

What I learned from this thread...there are a bunch of uptight little twats at ISH and P. Tiddy is their Mother Queen

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

no, I'm convinced now...you guys are right

anyone who doesn't like Sherman is a beta tw@t bitch...grown men alphas love Sherman, that's the rule

and also white America is terrified of black men...we can watch them tackle people and break knees all day, but when they yell on TV that causes us to tremble in terror...because us white guys are so beta, black men are so scary

I was certain Sherm was gonna rape Erin Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    How did any of what I say make it seem like I tried to portray myself as a bad ass? It's a true statement. There are some things in life people just cannot understand because they've never experienced it.
    I grew up playing football...I've also watched NFL for 30+ years now

blowing up in anger making choking gestures at the QB like that is not normal behavior...usually when players make the Super Bowl they are just really happy, their first thoughts are not to kick the other team when they are down.

If what Sherm did was the norm this wouldn't be news

^^She's at it again

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I grew up playing football...I've also watched NFL for 30+ years now

blowing up in anger making choking gestures at the QB like that is not normal behavior...usually when players make the Super Bowl they are just really happy, their first thoughts are not to kick the other team when they are down.

If what Sherm did was the norm this wouldn't be news
    Cowboys could use some guys like sherman and more like Dez. players with heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    ^^She's at it again
    ^^^ so alpha

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Cowboys could use some guys like sherman and more like Dez. players with heart.
    oh shit I'd take him on the Cowboys in a heart beat, don't get me wrong

Owens was a douche too but touchdowns >>>> douchyness

NBA lottery pick

Im sick of people saying "class" its football fam.