Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace commits to Boston Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I disagree. If Bynum was averaging 15/8, I would agree, but he is not. The Laker Frontcourt is highly overrated. Gasol is fantastic, but Bynum has been overrated and has been dissapointing. What did Bynum do in the Playoffs? I think he just got like 6/4? Odom is also undersized. He is good at getting sneaky offensive boards, but he doesn't top Defensive Beasts like Perkins and Rasheed. Let's also not forget Big Baby, who came up big in the Playoffs, something Bynum couldn't do. After Odom, they have nothing. Those guys are the only ones worth mentioning on the Lakers Frontcourt.

Healthy KG/Rasheed Wallace/Perkins/Big Baby > Gasol/Odom/Bynum
    Bynum averaged 14/8 in the season when healthy.

KG at this age = Gasol if not a minimal difference.

Bynum>Perkins. Every single GM would take Bynum over Perk ina heartbeat.

Odom>Sheed. Odom is younger by 5 years, more versatile, and already a part of the team.

Powell is a solid player he started one game and had 17/9 against Houston. He is a great pick and pop player and offensive rebounder.

Big Baby wouldn't even get minutes like Powell because of the logjam already present.

As for the Artest signing vs. The Sheed signing.

Artest is going to bring 100% everytime he is on the court. He is going to put his guts on the line every single time. There is no question about Artest's motivation or work ethic. That's Sheed's achilles heel.

what about the negatives artest brings?

how about his fetish for turning into a black hole and dribbeling out the shotclock before hoisting some garbage?

mental illness is surely another negative, rasheed has had some serious fits of stupidity himself in his career but artest is far worse.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    It'll be interesting to see how they hold up come playoff time. Besides Perk and Rondo they are pretty old.

During the season:
    Allen (34)
    Pierce (32)
    Garnett (33)
    Sheed (35)
    Hill? (37)

Rivers seems to get them a good amount of rest during the regular season though.

Just for a random pointless comparison, the 98 Bulls team was pretty old, they held up fine

Jordan (35)
    Pippen (32)
    Rodman (36)
    Harper (34)
    Kerr (32)
    Wennington (34)

But yes I recall injuries became a major concern that season, and they even suffered throughout the playoffs due to injuries. It will be interesting to see how Boston holds up.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

^^^^^^

Just to complete the comparison Bulls also had Kukoc (29), so at least they still had one semi-young gun...Boston may not even have that

Edit: Ok they got Rondo and Perk, some fresh legs PHEW
    Last edited by nnn123; 07-07-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I disagree. If Bynum was averaging 15/8, I would agree, but he is not. The Laker Frontcourt is highly overrated. Gasol is fantastic, but Bynum has been overrated and has been dissapointing. What did Bynum do in the Playoffs? I think he just got like 6/4? Odom is also undersized. He is good at getting sneaky offensive boards, but he doesn't top Defensive Beasts like Perkins and Rasheed. Let's also not forget Big Baby, who came up big in the Playoffs, something Bynum couldn't do. After Odom, they have nothing. Those guys are the only ones worth mentioning on the Lakers Frontcourt.

Healthy KG/Rasheed Wallace/Perkins/Big Baby > Gasol/Odom/Bynum

Bynum did average 14 and 8 this past season..which is the worse he could average again this coming season.

Bynum when heathly will put up good amount of minutes and rebounds. Boston do not have a better frontline than L.A...Certainly not when you don't know how much KG has left in those legs of his.

what about the negatives artest brings?

how about his fetish for turning into a black hole and dribbeling out the shotclock before hoisting some garbage?

mental illness is surely another negative, rasheed has had some serious fits of stupidity himself in his career but artest is far worse.
    this is where the "phil jackson logarithm" comes in. Look at the players he coached.. Rodman, Michael, Scottie, Payton, Malone, Shaq, Kobe. All hall of famers. Ron might act like a b1tch if hes playing for the Kings but I'm pretty sure he won't be like that for the Lakers. Look at Starbury and the Celtics last year... people were saying that he was a lost cause. The Celtics didn't win but they took Orlando to 7 without KG.. 08 defensive player of the year.

Just for a random pointless comparison, the 98 Bulls team was pretty old, they held up fine

Jordan (35)

Pippen (32)
    Rodman (36)
    Harper (34)
    Kerr (32)
    Wennington (34)

But yes I recall injuries became a major concern that season, and they even suffered throughout the playoffs due to injuries. It will be interesting to see how Boston holds up.
    Having that cat on your team offsets some things.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Having that cat on your team offsets some things.
    Yeah just abit....

It is amazing how old that team was looking back.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]GO CELTICS!!!![/COLOR]

LOL

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

I think people are relying on age a bit too much. An old player on a team where he has to do most of the work can get worn out pretty quickly, but a a strong line up will definetly lighten the load.

KG and Sheed are on the same team. That will scare the crap out of the enter league including L.A on both ends of the court.

Both Sheed and KG can spread the defense.

Pierce has one of the best midrange games in the league, and he can go out to the 3 point line.

Ray Allen is stilll among the best shooters in the league and plays well with out the ball in his hand.

Rondo is a rising star.

I know you want to sound confident about your respective teams, but I would not want to bump heads with this team in a 7 game series.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]GO CELTICS!!!![/COLOR]

LOL

Remember when KG had you and the rest of the world calling your boyfreind Gosoft? Guess whats gunna happen with Sheed on the team now.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Pau%20Gasoft

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    Remember when KG had you and the rest of the world calling your boyfreind Gosoft? Guess whats gunna happen with Sheed on the team now.

More ejections?

Some Laker fans are the unclassiest people on earth,no wonder there the most hated fan base on ISH..dont even bother responding to them..there is more posts in this thread with Laker fans then Celtic fans..I dont think Celtic fans have bashed the Ron Artest accusation.

In my opinion,these moronic Laker fans who bring up age are scared sh!tless..young teams dont win anything in this league remember that..is the Celtics team OLD?..not at all..we have 2 players 25 and under in the starting line-up..Pierce is 32 and KG is 33..but if you want to be a jackass and keep bringing up the old age excuse then go ahead.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Some Laker fans are the unclassiest people on earth,no wonder there the most hated fan base on ISH..dont even bother responding to them..there is more posts in this thread with Laker fans then Celtic fans..I dont think Celtic fans have bashed the Ron Artest accusation.

In my opinion,these moronic Laker fans who bring up age are scared sh!tless..young teams dont win anything in this league remember that..is the Celtics team OLD..not at all..we have 2 players 25 and under in the starting line-up..Pierce is 32 and KG is 33..but if you want to be a jackass and keep bringing up the old age excuse then go ahead.
    Celtics have one good title run left in them IMO and that is this year. You can have your one year, we have a contender for the next 5 years.

The Celtics are like the Spurs of this decade, eventually health and age will catch up with you.

Remember when KG h.....[/URL]

Remember KG got hurt last year because dude is getting old and has been playing since he was 18?
    Remember the Lakers won this year with a healthier team that would of beat Boston in 08 as well if they had healthy players.

Buck Foston!

I can't wait to sic Artest on your team. No mercy.
    Last edited by crisoner; 07-07-2009 at 07:42 PM.