Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #16
Yossarian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yossarian has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ben Gordon a Bobcat?

I would be pissed with this trade unless MJ knows Wallace is going to test the waters regarless of what the Cats do. My first inclanation would be to resign Wallace, but if he wants to go somewhere else we need to get something for him it is only practical.

as for Gordon being the Bull's golden boy, 2years ago but not any more, he's probably number 3 or 4 now behind Deng, Kirk, and maybe even Ty Thomas.

Gordon could join Morrison and be the worst defending 2-3 combo in the league.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #17
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

You might want Tyrus Thomas to average double figures in some sort of statistical category before putting him ahead of Ben Gordon. I would much rather sign and trade Gerald Wallace for Ben Gordon then not get anything for Wallace at all if thats the case. Assuming we draft one of the SF's in this years draft we could be looking at a lineup like this.

Felton, Gordon, Brewer/Green/Wright, Okafor, ?

Not a bad combo, if you ask me. Id rather keep Wallace though.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #18
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Brandan Wright is a power forward....or were you referring to Julian Wright?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #19
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Julian Wright
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I really don't see Adam Morrison as a shooting guard, he's more of a straight 3pt shooting small forward. Matt Carroll is more of a small forward who can play the shooting guard position for a short period of time. Derek Anderson is might just sign with a veteran team to win another ring. Raymond Felton is a true point so I would welcome BG7 to play in the backcourt with Raymond Felton. It would be king of like when Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars played together. Both weren't very big guard but when game time hit they did what they had to to win games. If Gerald Wallace does leave to get a better deal I say do a sign and trade.

I kind of like this line-up

PG-Felton
SG-Gordon
SF-Carroll
PF-Okafor
C-Brezec
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Matt Carroll is no small forward. He is a shooting guard.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #22
spin57
I brick open layups

spin57 has an OK reputation so far

Im a bulls fan and I`d love to see u get Gordon if we can have your first pick
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #23
liverpooty
Local High School Star

lol Matt Carroll at SF? Funny.

"I kind of like this line-up

PG-Felton
SG-Gordon
SF-Carroll
PF-Okafor
C-Brezec "

Max we would win 35 games with that lineup, and might be the worst defensive team in the history of the league.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #24
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Matt Carol is a guard my fault I got him confused with Walter Herman, aint that a *****, lol. If Gerald Wallace does leave who will fill in at the 3 spot?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
Felton in '08
Kids at the park dunk on me

Felton in '08 has an OK reputation so far

If Wallace leaves, hopefully it is either Corey Brewer or Jeff Green that fills the spot.

I'm still crossing my fingers for help at the 2 spot via free agency. I love Matty (actually my wife does more than I) but he's best suited coming off the bench.
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #26
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

If Walter Herrmann continues playing like he did at the end of the season, he would fill in just fine at 3.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: