Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Brazil is one hell of a violent shithole

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    "Mob" of 3 people. One already in jail and two others indentified with the police after them.

Going back to a previous point, and I'll agree with the person who said killing Joey Crawford is not the same as this poor sap, but you still don't hear of this kind of shit in the United States for as much as some of you want to paint similarities and drag the U.S. down in the dirt with Brazil. A decapitation and dismemberment makes headlines and it usually comes from the Middle East. Barbaric shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    There is such a thing as a justice system though and not by the hands of the mob.
    Yea and the justice system in the United States has been such a success.

All it is in the end is just another corrupt business structure. It would be more productive for society if every person that intentionally killed another was executed. That way people wouldn't actually be so reckless with other lifes and would think before killing instead of relying on free food and shelter for life.

That guy deserved what he got, now next time an official decides to stab someone in front of a their friends and family, he will think twice.

Going back to a previous point, and I'll agree with the person who said killing Joey Crawford is not the same as this poor sap, but you still don't hear of this kind of shit in the United States for as much as some of you want to paint similarities and drag the U.S. down in the dirt with Brazil. A decapitation and dismemberment makes headlines and it usually comes from the Middle East. Barbaric shit.
    as someone else already pointed out, ron artests friend got stabbed in the chest with a fvcking table leg during a basketball game.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

No one with half a brain can deny that Brazil is much more violent than the United States. But you can't pick something crazy like that and think that it's a normal thing here and pretend that has anything to do with next year's world cup.
    2 guys put bombs that took people's leg's off in the Boston Marathon. There are crazy people everywhere.

Brazil is a shithole, but not because of this case

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Pro soccer game? Are you that stupid? Do you think that happen in a stadium, in a proffesional game? It was an amateur soccer game played in an improvised field in a very small countryside city in the poorest state in Brazil.
    You would not even enter a stadium carring a ****ing machete. And even if you did, there are dozens of cops in any professional soccer game.
    Exactly. @ppl thinking that its was a Pro game.

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    Brazil is a shithole, but not because of this case
    US is no paradise either. At least we have health service for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinho
    Ronaldinho, my friend. Don't go down that road. Every country has its problems. Of course, we have more problems than the US. But that does not mean it's right to say Brazil is a shithole.
    The funny thing is that the U.S actually helped the Coup that put the military dictatorship here in Brazil in 1964 (that lasted untill the 80's). Maybe if your goverment (US) did not do that, we would be in much better social conditions by now (of couse that was not the only reason for our problems, but it sure as hell did not help us).

Ronaldinho, my friend. Don't go down that road. Every country has its problems. Of course, we have more problems than the US. But that does not mean it's right to say Brazil is a shithole.
    The funny thing is that the U.S actually helped the Coup that put the military dictatorship here in Brazil in 1964 (that lasted untill the 80's). Maybe if your goverment (US) did not do that, we would be in much better social conditions by now (of couse that was not the only reason for our problems, but it sure as hell did not help us).
    I'm Brazillian. Agreed, specially with the bold.

I'm Brazillian. Agreed, specially with the bold.
    I know you are brazilian. The "your govermnent" was toward americans, not you.

A gente j

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

True.

But there's a reason why you're speaking english and we're not speaking Portuguese.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    True.

But there's a reason why you're speaking english and we're not speaking Portuguese.
    You got that offended?

True.

You are not speaking dutch, swedish or norwegian either and those countries are paradise compared to the US (more developed with less social inequality and violence) for the average citizen. Miltary and economic power and cultural influence has nothing to do with wich country is better to live in, hence more of a "paradise".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y-adjusted_HDI

Anyway, I will not speak shit about the US. I think it's a great country. There's not anti-US thing with me (the coup thing is a fact). I only ask for respect and for people not to make stupid generalizations about my countries (specially with lies like it was a pro soccer game and so on).
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 07-07-2013 at 03:06 AM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

You are not speaking dutch, swedish or norwegian either and those countries are paradise compared to the US (more developed with less social inequality and ciolence) for the average citizen. Miltary and economic power and cultural influence has nothing to do with wich country is better to live in, hence more of a "paradise".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y-adjusted_HDI
    US is the most diverse country in the world. Norway, Sweden and Holland are more homogeneous than America.

I agree with your sentiments about USA being involved with Brazil when they shouldn't be. I hope to visit Brazil next summer but I hear it's like almost guaranteed to get robbed there if you go.

US is the most diverse country in the world. Norway, Sweden and Holland are more homogeneous than America.
    So what? It does not change the fact that the average citizen has a more quality life in those countries than in the US.

Like I said, the fact that we are speaking english here only has something to do with the economic power and cultural influence of the US. It has nothing to do with US being more of a "paradise". I've been to the Netherlands and almost everyone speaks english there. Would you reply that same way to a Dutch citizen if he said the US was no paradise?