Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ben Simmons vs Brandon Ingram Summer League Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I'm not gonna criticize since you're absolutely entitled to your own opinion, and truly there is no right or wrong opinion we all are just speculating, but following the Lakers as closely as Levity and I do, I feel as if you are completely wrong. Ingram is more NBA ready than Simmons, only thing holding him back is his weight, which isn't even that bad. Durant was a twig out of college too, still is really.
    I'm not criticizing you as well, but I see Lakers fans always put lofty expectations on their highly touted rookies. Last year the expectations of their number 2 pick were just as hyped. DAR was expected to come hot out the gates and immediately carry the torch after Kobe DESPITE his clear deficiency of not being able to handle the quicker pace. I see it very similar with Ingram except his deficiency is his size. I'm not saying he's not going to overcome that, I'm saying that he's not going to develop as quickly as Lakers fans expectations. Add the fact that if he's going to make that impact he's got to have to be better than DAR, Randle, Deng, Louis Williams, Clarkson, and Young.
    But yes, it's just an opinion. I'm just seeing it as an NBA fan who's not bias towards that team.

NBA All-star

Ingram will have the opportunity to capture victories on the defensive side
    while Simmons will have to decide whether or not he can be a 12+ rebounder

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Ingram will have the opportunity to capture victories on the defensive side
    while Simmons will have to decide whether or not he can be a 12+ rebounder
    Everyone talks about Ingram defensively, but Simmons as of right now is the far superior defender. Ingram is all potential on that end.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Everyone talks about Ingram defensively, but Simmons as of right now is the far superior defender. Ingram is all potential on that end.

while the argument that the league now favors smaller players and that it is no longer a big man league may stand still. The type of players Simmons will have to guard in order to be termed the undoubted/quesiotned #1 option makes the bolded part a long way to go still.

Simmons showed some excellent passing ability, but I thought it was an underwhelming summer league performance.

He shot horribly in every way, turned it over an absolute ton, and generally played poorly.

He was not CLOSE to deserving of being on either all summer league team.
    But NBA got away with it because not many actually watch all the games.

For example, Rozier averaged 21/4/2 on 62/57/86 with huge advanced numbers, yet didn't sniff a team. He certainly outplayed Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Putting stats aside, even though it's only Summer League, Simmons has impressed me more. Especially with his passing ability. I knew he was a great passer coming out of college, but he's got much better vision than I thought.
    Maybe in the NBA.com highlights.

I think Ingram's tattoos suit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportal
    I think Ingram will take off a lot quicker than Simmons, this season. I think that if anyone in this rookie class is likely to score 20+PPG it's Ingram. Assuming he gets starter minutes.

Simmons is going to be a lot more valuable to the 76ers however. The intangibles that the guy brings, without having a shot like Ingram does, is a very big commodity. He will get a jumper, he will become a threat, maybe not this season... But definitely over his career. I would have to point to Anthony Davis as an example of improvement.

I would assume that, Simmons will get about 15/7/4 or somewhere in that area. Really not sure who will win ROTY. Probably neither of them. But I guess if Ingram does score 20+PPG, it will be him.
    Ingram is probably my favourite rookie but I think he has 0% chance at 20+ PPG

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Newsflash. This bozo has made a living tattooing for 23 years. You can suck it. You can get nice tattoos that mean something to you, they don't have to look like shit.
    What style do you specialize in?

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Ingram will not average 20 a game

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Maybe in the NBA.com highlights.
    I was speaking of actual watched games. Not highlights. All those things you mentioned are true, but I think Simmons had the ball a lot more in his hands, therefore more opportunity to turn the ball over.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-20-2016 at 05:23 AM.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Ingram is probably my favourite rookie but I think he has 0% chance at 20+ PPG
    so you believe that Ingram can't score 5 points per quarter

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    so you believe that Ingram can't score 5 points per quarter
    bron has difficulty doing that on 4th quarter.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I was speaking of actual watched games. Not highlights. All those things you mentioned are true, but I think Simmons had the ball a lot more in his hands, therefore more opportunity to turn the ball over.
    Yeah this is SO true!

Plus did you see some of the ridiculous passes he was trying to throw? Of course he was going to turn it over, I honestly thought he was holding back every game.

Trying to entertain and experiment. Damn fun turnovers to watch.

I really like Ingram and he has a really high ceiling that he hasn't even got close to reaching. But those Lakers fans that say he is more NBA ready than Simmons are trippin and need to take their hands off it.

Ingram is not averaging 20ppg in his rookie season. Him and Simmons are going to need a bit to get into form. That's for sure.