Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
LakerHaterHater
I airball my layups

LakerHaterHater has an OK reputation so far
Default #2 Pick - CP3 or LBJ?

So what's the consensus here? Who do you grab at #2?
LakerHaterHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: #2 Pick - CP3 or LBJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerHaterHater
So what's the consensus here? Who do you grab at #2?

I'd go CP3, and if it's a league giving bonus points for doubles doubles I'd take Dwight Howard over Lebron.

The way I see it is Lebrons stats might go up, figure defenses will concentrate on Wade and Bosh and he can score more or he dish the ball to Bosh when he gets double teamed so maybe he'll do better, but maybe he does worse because Wade is stealing points and assists from him and Bosh is grabbing all the boards. I dunno, Bron will be good, but you hate to gamble on a #2 overall pick
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

i'll still go for LBJ because although playing with beasts like wade will lower his scoring production, i believe that his other categories will rise. i don't think playing with bosh would lower his rebounding that much, especially since the heat is not so good in the 5. and he will probably give you monster games occassionaly. when the coach decides to rest wade for some games (since wade is more injury prone than lebron or when wade gets some minor injury), lebron would be beasting even more. lastly, CP3 is more injury prone, while lebron never had any serious injury ever.
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Pouch26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
i'll still go for LBJ because although playing with beasts like wade will lower his scoring production, i believe that his other categories will rise. i don't think playing with bosh would lower his rebounding that much, especially since the heat is not so good in the 5. and he will probably give you monster games occassionaly. when the coach decides to rest wade for some games (since wade is more injury prone than lebron or when wade gets some minor injury), lebron would be beasting even more. lastly, CP3 is more injury prone, while lebron never had any serious injury ever.

I agree. I had 2nd pick and went with the King. I knew what most people were doing taking CP3, but I couldn't hit the draft button for Paul. His injuries scare me and Lebron is more of a stat monster. I believe his numbers will just get better. He'll crash the defense and still dominate everytime he takes the court. He loves to control the game and the only player that I would have taken before him is Durant. Good luck!
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

While I don't like Lebron at #2, the other people here definetly make a good point about the injuries with CP3
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

CP3 for roto, LeBron for H2H
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd say LBJ, you can pick up some good pgs in the 3rd or 4th rd depending on how the draft goes or where you are at in the order
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

James. He's got a complete game except my only knock on him was his FT%. and even that's improved and may still yet improve more with less pressure. It also can be counteracted with a little planning in the later rounds.

Paul is injury prone and New Orleans plays the fewest games during the fantasy playoffs and the fewest of those valuable Tuesday and Thursday games where you need guys who play in those regularly so you're not overloaded on heavy game days like Wednesday and Friday.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:27 AM   #9
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
CP3 for roto, LeBron for H2H

+1 - Playing in only my second Roto league ever and I went CP3 w/ #2.
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I was faced with this very choice last night in a H2H league. The choice for LeBron was made even easier knowing that they have Paul playing in a knee brace. Picked up some power FT% guys in the later rounds so he shouldn't hurt me too badly if he regresses.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

CP is out of the brace.

I think if he's healthy he will be the best fantasy player but it's just not worth the risk.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

CP is out of the brace.

I think if he's healthy he will be the best fantasy player but it's just not worth the risk.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far

I would go for Lebron mostly because of his overall impact in every category and the motivation to win, especially after the tumultous summer. I'm a huge CP3 fan, but his injury history scares me a little and I'm not sure if NO is going anywhere fast so he might not be as motivated this year.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: