Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default 08 draft

So apparently were gonna be in the top five worst teams again.So which player in the top five would you take?There is michael beasely,Derrik Rose,Eric Gordon,Deandre Jordan,and Donte Green.I guess O.J Mayo is up there too.

I would go with eric gordon.I think he could be a tremendous asset.HHe is not very tall but he is a wade type player that can make up for it with his great play.A lineup of conley,gordon,miller,gay,and gasol.That would be great.Then our bench gets added depth.We could make the playoffs with that squad next year.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 08 draft

Well, since Ivaroni wants a running team I guess we're going to be drafting a small guy. I honestly don't have a clue about the prospects, whos good, whos not, so I can't comment who we should be drafting, but I think we would end with another guard or mayber a SF.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

The guys I mentioned are all great prospects.The problem is beasley who is like melo,kinda.Wouldnt fit here.He needs the ball to be effective.We already have pau,gay,and miller.Jordan is a promising big man but will take about two years to really look great,if at all.Rose is a point we have conley.And mayo is like gay except smaller and a better passer.Gordon I think is the two guard we have been needing.He has a tremendous jump shot.That extends beyond nba range which he has routinely hit with defenders on.He has a great vertical.Plays the passing lanes well.He is only 6'4'' but weighs 220 pounds.So he is strong enough to play any other two guard in the league.He runs great.The problem is that he might go first.And the grizz who have never had any luck in the lottery.Will probably get the seventh pick which will land us no one that can help immediately.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
The guys I mentioned are all great prospects.The problem is beasley who is like melo,kinda.Wouldnt fit here.He needs the ball to be effective.We already have pau,gay,and miller.Jordan is a promising big man but will take about two years to really look great,if at all.Rose is a point we have conley.And mayo is like gay except smaller and a better passer.Gordon I think is the two guard we have been needing.He has a tremendous jump shot.That extends beyond nba range which he has routinely hit with defenders on.He has a great vertical.Plays the passing lanes well.He is only 6'4'' but weighs 220 pounds.So he is strong enough to play any other two guard in the league.He runs great.The problem is that he might go first.And the grizz who have never had any luck in the lottery.Will probably get the seventh pick which will land us no one that can help immediately.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure both Pau and Mike will stay next year. That could change a lot who will be drafted. If both stay, a SG or a PF that can run could be the right player to get, so I would scout them. The PF is because I really don't like Rudy playing the PF as his primary spot, although he can do well, but he is more effective as SF.

Who to draft? I would go for Gordon, Beasley or Mayo if Memphis gets a top 5 pick. If not, Donte Greene could be a good addition to the team. Even Roy Hibbert as a true C (even more if Gasol is gone).
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I haven't been keeping up with the Grizzlies this year, and I'm sure you know much more about them than I do, but getting a big man down low to replace or play next to Pau wouldn't be a bad idea. DeAndre Jordan is a big project, but he could be a very good player in the future.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I haven't been keeping up with the Grizzlies this year, and I'm sure you know much more about them than I do, but getting a big man down low to replace or play next to Pau wouldn't be a bad idea. DeAndre Jordan is a big project, but he could be a very good player in the future.
It's also taking a huge risk at the same time. Big men take alot longer to develop and frankly if a big man isn't being labelled as the greatest thing sinced slice bread during his college years then you're going to be playing a huge risk.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I have heard some god things about jordan.But he is a project.Bu if heis the next bosh then that would be great.Beasley think will be good.Its just that he needs the ball.So if we wat to trade pau then I would say go for him.But knowing the grizzlies luk they could once again have the best chance at getting the firstpick and fall to four again.We have n luck with the lottery.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

I haven't seen Jordan so I can't judge. But I've read somewhere he is very raw and having in mind how long takes for a big man to develop, I would think twice before dratfting him.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

I personally think that roy hibbert is a joke.At his size he should be dominating.Instead his numbers are weak.He is a finesse big man.He barely gets rebounds.He has obviously peaked.He will be a bench center at best.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:55 AM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

How good is Donte Greene?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

I have heard he he is pretty good but he is not getting the same attention as the rest of the freshmen.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Well, it looks like Memphis is now just as bad as Minnesota and will also compete for the first overall selection. They've got some good young guards with Lowry, Conley, Crittenton, and Juan Carlos Navarro, but no one really makes you say "Wow". Rudy Gay has some potential at SF, and Miller (if he stays) could back him up. Down low, Darko is now officially the best big man on the team, and then there's Kwame and others. Memphis is really f*cked, because now they have to find two starting-caliber big men. DeAndre Jordan is very underdeveloped, but he's probably their best option unless they want another first rounder. Maybe trade Mike Miller and get Miami's or Atlanta's (via PHX) pick and take Mayo or Gordon with the first pick and a big man with the next.

Future's looking pretty shoddy right now.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

The only thing that I disagree with is when you say that none of the Grizzlies guards make you say wow. It may just be because I am a big Conley fan, but I think he will be a great point guard in the future. He is only 20 years old (I think) and still learning. He has all the potential in the world though and I think that in 3 years time he will be one of the better point guards in the league. He has the potential to be great in my opinion.

This may just be because I am a huge fan of his though and my opinion of him may be biased.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #14
jailer
MillionDollarException

I agree conley looks like an all star in the making.The problem is we only have two good players.Rudy gay and miller are it for now. In the future we might have some more help.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: