Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: People who annoy the %#

I can't stand small talk with complete strangers. Just because I'm sitting next to you on a plane or in line at the grocery store doesn't mean I give 2 shits about you and your life story.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Damn hateraid, I can't even greet you anymore?
    You must hate going into Wal-Mart.
    The difference is the guy at Walmart doesn't stop you for 5 minutes to tell you how his day went!

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    How's your day buddy?

i'll wait right here for your long winded response....

Man, even reading the phrase makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I can't stand small talk with complete strangers. Just because I'm sitting next to you on a plane or in line at the grocery store doesn't mean I give 2 shits about you and your life story.
    Now imagine that person lives besides you, is always in his front yard and repast every day, How's your day buddy?"
    That is my current life

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I have this neighbor I go out of my way to avoid. Because EVERY single time I see him or walk past him he immediately jumps on me and asks, "How's your day buddy?" And exactly like that. I'll answer with a short reply, although he wants to know exactly how it went. He'll probe until he gets what he wants. And then when I think he's done he starts to talk about his day and keeps me there for another 10 minutes

I'm not the type of person to be blunt or walk away from someone in the middle of them speaking. The curse of growing up with good etiquette. I did one time invite him over for a beer. When we talked I did bring up and told him directly when I get home I'm tired. I just want to go straight inside and relax with my family. I don't feel like talking about how my day went. I asked him not to get offended that a simple greeting will suffice. If I want to talk I will knock on your door. We'll split a beer and share our day. I thought it was dealt with but the next day when I got home its "Hey buddy, how's you day?"

I guess some people will never get it.
    Whatever happened to "Good. Hey I gotta go. See ya."

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Whatever happened to "Good. Hey I gotta go. See ya."
    You don't think I've tried that? Read OP again. I flat out told the guy I'd appreciate if we cut the small talk.
    You think that would suffice but this guy immediately starts talking about his day. I just am too courteous when it come to not hurting people's feelings. Plus I have to live beside the guy.
    Last edited by hateraid; 05-02-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    You don't think I've tried that? Read OP again. I flat out told the guy I'd appreciate if we cut the small talk.
    You think that would suffice but this guy immediately starts talking about his day. I just am too courteous when it come to not hurting people's feelings. Plus I have to live beside the guy.
    I see the problem now. It is your mindset. You are thinking blowing him off would be discourteous. Well my friend, you'd be wrong. There are ways to blow people off courteously.

   

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I see the problem now. It is your mindset. You are thinking blowing him off would be discourteous. Well my friend, you'd be wrong. There are ways to blow people off courteously.
    that's exactly what i tried to tell him, but i guess he likes ignoring posts. :P

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

i never initiate the plane conversation but i enjoy making small talk on a plane. helps the time go by a lot faster.

My pet peeve is the people that don't shut up on the phone and wanna chit chat forever or the people that don't respond to texts when you damn well know they are glued to their phone 24/7.

I actually don't mind "small talk" with coworkers and neighbors etc, but EVERYDAY when you're in a hurry AND they wanna tell you ALL about their day?

Damn man. That gives me the chills

Aggressive drivers.

NBA rookie of the year

People who treat their phones like personal boomboxes in public places. Hate that shyt.

Or when someone asks if they can use my phone.

Act super flamboyant with your neighbor, slap him on the ass a few times. He'll get the message ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    People who treat their phones like personal boomboxes in public places. Hate that shyt.

Or when someone asks if they can use my phone.
    This too. About a week ago, some random customer outside my job asked if he could use my phone and I immediately wanted to say no...but being the gentleman that I am of course I obliged. Guy then pulls out his credit card and proceeds to pay a f*cking bill......

The gall on this prick.