Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    do you have any bruj?
    No not yet, probably wont for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Except that its not.

Its not ahead of the PS4 for sure but its doing pretty good.Its also way ahead of the 360 was at this point.
    Sure. It's not bombing perse bad choice of words. It's just not doing all that well even compared to the wii u's launch. For those of you that don't know the wii u is a new console from nintendo, not a wii accessory (yes sarcasm). The comparison with 360 is pretty flawed though. The 360 was incredibly supply limited, where as anywhere you go you could buy a pallet of ones. Selling 140k in the us in january is not good.

Ps4 while being supply constrained sold nearly 2x as many in january in the us. Things don't look good for ms. If I was in the market for a console in the near future I'd steer away from the xbox simply because it's on it's way to an early price drop. They already had one in the uk, so personally if I was interested in the one I would be waiting until the price cut. If that word gets out then most people won't buy it simply to avoid spending an extra 50-100 bucks for two weeks of play, which then hurts ms more because sony will build a bigger lead.

I'll just leave this post at the wii u selling 3 million by this time of it being on the market, same as the one...

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I'm very disappointed with both systems. The xbox is bombing in terms of sales, and ps4 has no games. I wish I'd waited it out and picked one later, but I grabbed a ps4 right away.
    I feel the same way.

My main gripe with the Xbox is that 500gb is not enough. I'm already at 230gb and I only have 2 games and a few apps.

This installing every game is a buzz kill.

Any word on how they're gonna up the memory for Xbox ones???

I know PS4's you can remove the hard drive and add a new one so when I get one in April I'll probably just buy all future games for PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I feel the same way.

My main gripe with the Xbox is that 500gb is not enough. I'm already at 230gb and I only have 2 games and a few apps.

I know PS4's you can remove the hard drive and add a new one so when I get one in April I'll probably just buy all future games for PS4.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6418143/

Gonna be sometime in the future and that it is big on their list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    the latest articles had xbox killing it recently, sony shipped less consoles to the western regions and more to asia whereas xbox has flooded the western market and ignored asia. Their both about the same at this point, just look at the exclusives and pick whichever console has more games you want to play.
    Except we know this not to be true. This was posted before the npd results for january, but damn you couldn't have been more wrong. Ps4 outsold the bone 2:1, and is currently at 6 million sold compared to the 3-3.5 million sold for xbox.

Titanfall may be the xboxs best chance. If the xbox doesn't beat ps4 in the us in march it's pretty much over. Could be a repeat of the ps2 era, which is great for everyone imo. More games, more genres.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6418143/

Gonna be sometime in the future and that it is big on their list of things to do.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I feel the same way.

I thought they were going to patch in support for external drives. I agree about the full installations. Ugh what a drag that can be. At least it isn't as bad as on ps3 in terms of the time it takes haha.

Banned

Except we know this not to be true. This was posted before the npd results for january, but damn you couldn't have been more wrong. Ps4 outsold the bone 2:1, and is currently at 6 million sold compared to the 3-3.5 million sold for xbox.

Titanfall may be the xboxs best chance. If the xbox doesn't beat ps4 in the us in march it's pretty much over. Could be a repeat of the ps2 era, which is great for everyone imo. More games, more genres.
    depends what site you get your numbers from, plus microsoft don't announce their figures. Some of the popular sites update sony's numbers like crazy and end up way higher and need to be dropped back again when sony actually announce sales while the microsoft sales don't increase.

Anyone claiming doom and gloom for any console is a retard though, both are selling incredibly well and both will be successful. Pick whichever has the games you want, if the other console has games you want down the line buy it when the price drops.

From reading your posts on here outbreak, in the video game section you seem very pro Xbox, and not so much into Playstation.

You propping up Xbox and taking contrived jabs at the Playstation won't change sales figures, so I don't see the point in doing it. I've never understood console debates.

depends what site you get your numbers from, plus microsoft don't announce their figures. Some of the popular sites update sony's numbers like crazy and end up way higher and need to be dropped back again when sony actually announce sales while the microsoft sales don't increase.

Anyone claiming doom and gloom for any console is a retard though, both are selling incredibly well and both will be successful. Pick whichever has the games you want, if the other console has games you want down the line buy it when the price drops.
    I think the fact ms hasn't given an update to their 3 million sold in 2013 number is all the proof we really need. They would likely be shouting from rooftops if they were having good sell through (sold to consumers).

From the last numbers made available ms was at 3ish million 60/40 split between usa and rest of the world. Jan npd says 140k giving us a total sold as of jan of approximately 3.3 million.

Thats not good if after launch your numbers drop off in the us from 900k in december to 140k in jan. That is wii u level of sales.

Seriously I went to bestbuy on tuesday to pick up a sony 70r550a tv and they had a stack of xbox ones. Two by six by six on the floor, and another stack up top. Lets call it 120 xbox ones in a relatively small area (kingston ont).

Not a ps4 in sight. Was looking for a buddy, but I still haven't seen a ps4 in the wild yet.

I even saw a day one edition xbox at eb games on boxing day in trenton.

I don't hold any personal preference for either company besides nintendo, but ms is in bad shape imo. This thirsday is the new npd numbers so it will be interesting to see with the announced titanfall bundle just how well the one sold in feb. I am personally expecting 120k, but imagine if it is sub 100k? Then can we say the xbox is in trouble? Or de we have to wait a year to pronounce it dead like nintendo fans have been saying.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 03-08-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Hey at least they finally sold out of the day one version of the xbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Hey at least they finally sold out of the day one version of the xbone.
    Yeah that's a positive lol. It kind of looks bad though eh. A month after launch you see a day one edition, kind of a bad omen.

I can't imagine too many xboxs sold between the announcement of the tf bundle and the release of tf. Basically ms gave up 2-3 weeks of sales.

Banned

Yeah that's a positive lol. It kind of looks bad though eh. A month after launch you see a day one edition, kind of a bad omen.

I can't imagine too many xboxs sold between the announcement of the tf bundle and the release of tf. Basically ms gave up 2-3 weeks of sales.
    funny that the stores at my local shopping centre have a shit load of PS4s and are sold out of xboxs. but your arguments use your own local findings and out dated info to claim doom and gloom for a company that's selling consoles faster than their previous generations.....

wake the **** up and realise sony and microsoft are both doing exceptionally well with their consoles. Sony may have sold more but acting like microsoft is struggled is just stupid.

National High School Star

funny that the stores at my local shopping centre have a shit load of PS4s and are sold out of xboxs. but your arguments use your own local findings and out dated info to claim doom and gloom for a company that's selling consoles faster than their previous generations.....

wake the **** up and realise sony and microsoft are both doing exceptionally well with their consoles. Sony may have sold more but acting like microsoft is struggled is just stupid.
    I'm not going to say either is struggling. however, I have noted that also in my area, I haven't seen a single ps4 available to buy. Xbox ones however are numerous.

Now I don't know if that's because there's limited-no supply of ps4's or just way to many xbox ones. I don't know.

Sony is doing exceptionally well I agree. They are literally selling what they can make. Microsoft as of December 31 had shipped 3.9 million consoles, and as of February 1st had sold 3.5 million tops. Their estimated production is 1 million a month, so we are up to about 6 million shipped at the end of February. Less than 60% sell through isn't exceptionally well. Having to cut the price by about the equivalent of 50usd in the uk isn't exveptionally well. And lastly bundling the most hyped game your console has with the console is not exceptionally well (on top of the price cut in the uk...)

in the uk they added 110 dollars of value to the console because they are selling so exceptionally well lol.

thursday we get the hard numbers for February, and since ms basically told people not to buy the console in February with their titanfall bundle, I assume those numbers won't be great.

March will be the true measure though. If with titanfall, by far the most anticipated game bundled with the console, the xbox doesn't outsell ps4 then the price drop will come rapidly. Likely by or at e3 in june.

Edit: and you should give that report to the stock checker sites. Ps4s have been scarce on those sites, very rarely they show in stock.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 03-10-2014 at 08:05 PM.