Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default Has Andy Won You Over Again Yet?

Man when Andy first came back i had that "i hate him no matter what he does" mentality, but no matter how hard i try i just can't stay mad at the guy watching how much energy/toughness he plays with out there. Seeing him jump and reach for rebounds while the rest of our frontcourt just puts their arms up and hopes it falls to them is just so comforting.

So how do you feel about Andy now that he's firmly back in the rotation as the 6th-7th man? Has he won you back too?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Has Andy Won You Over Again Yet?

He looks similar to last year, and that's pretty good for a key backup
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Man when Andy first came back i had that "i hate him no matter what he does" mentality, but no matter how hard i try i just can't stay mad at the guy watching how much energy/toughness he plays with out there. Seeing him jump and reach for rebounds while the rest of our frontcourt just puts their arms up and hopes it falls to them is just so comforting.

So how do you feel about Andy now that he's firmly back in the rotation as the 6th-7th man? Has he won you back too?

No. He's still the same two faced mother f'er that demanded outrageous sums of money and said he didn't want to play with the team anymore, and then turned around and signed for less money and said that his comments weren't a big deal because it was a "business thing".

And he is the same player he was last year, the same guy I couldn't stand. No offensive production, flops all the time. Pretty much makes me hate everything about him.

And now guys like Cedric Simmons and Dwayne Jones have even less of a chance to show what they can do. Those guys are younger, try harder, and are better shot blockers.

They also make less money.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle as far as this goes. Part of me loves watching Andy play, and the energy and intensity that he brings. However, I HATE the flopping. Of course, he's not the only one guilty of that, but it would be nice if there was a way to phase this out of the game, but not so sure that can happen.

I was angry with his stance during the contract negotiations, and it's still in the back of my mind, but professional sports is pretty much about greed these days anyway. Everyone is out to "get theirs," and if you sat back and thought about this from a pure monetary point of view, it would drive you crazy. I just try to focus on the game, but yeah...........Andy was crazy for wanting that kind of money. I can only think of a few games this season (mainly the Lakers one), where he made a large impact in.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

yeah the flopping is a problem i have too. I appreciate that he's trying to get us the ball back but overall it just ends up embarassing us IMO. It's just another potential knock/excuse for people to use to finish this sentence:

"The Cavs only won this game because..."

If it's not LeBron being a one man team it's because Z "had a fluke game", or "Hughes got lucky on all his shots", or "Varejao got an unfair call in the clutch". We got enough h@ters and his flopping only makes that worse
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: