Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #76
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: GT 4/17: Utah Jazz @ Memphis (8pm EST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
Lakers without Kobe are boring to watch. And have no shot at OKC/SA

Lakers with Kobe are boring and have no shot.

Quote:
Speaking of which, neither passed to Al Jefferson.

Pass to the black hole who shot 8-19?

Quote:
I love Al Jefferson. He really cares about winning.

The guy that threw his team under the bus before game 4 last season? The guy that recently talked about not believing they would get in the playoffs?

Quote:
Mo Williams isn't a starting point guard in this league.

On the right team he is. On a team that revolves around a black hole he's not. When Al was out and they pushed and moved the ball he looked like he could be on a team that can put the ball in other guys hands.

Quote:
Those two are why our starters were raped tonight, and that is why I am so bitter right now.

19 shots from Al and 9 from a guy that shouldn't be starting is a big part of it I'd think.

Quote:
Should have traded Millsap and/or Jefferson midseason.

Should have never acquired Al let alone hold on to him for 3 years. What were these mid-season trades that they could have made though?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #77
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
This is a real question, because it would explain the bolded part: Is English your first language?

no, 3rd
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #78
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Pass to the black hole who shot 8-19?

The guy that threw his team under the bus before game 4 last season? The guy that recently talked about not believing they would get in the playoffs?

On the right team he is. On a team that revolves around a black hole he's not. When Al was out and they pushed and moved the ball he looked like he could be on a team that can put the ball in other guys hands.

At least 5 of Al's missed shots are missed tip-ins. He was 5-10 at the half. I hadn't seen him miss a "real" shot. That's how many shots he got out of the offense--five.

And he never threw his team "under the bus." He said that because no team has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit and, as he went on to say, he believed the Spurs were the champions. He never said he didn't get any help, that his teammates and coach sucked, nothing like that. He was a defeated man, but he didn't throw anyone under the bus. He shouldn't have said what he said, but I'm sure you intentionally twisted the meaning of that phrase for your regular anti-Jefferson discourse.

I won't even argue with your last point because no one else was making a goddamn shot. That's the reason we should have kept feeding Al, because he was abusing the paint, absolutely abusing it. Make them double team hard so as to open up the lane for more cutters or open shots for the people who were actually making shots--Foye and Hayward.

The team played better under Tinsley. That's something you've repeatedly said. So don't give me this bullshit to fuel your indirect defense of Millsap by way of deflecting responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
no, 3rd

Makes sense. We don't say "side," except maybe when talking about soccer. "None" is a confusing word, so I'd avoid using it. I'm not sure which you meant--not one, no one, no two--and it made the post sound like gibberish. And this isn't flaming in any sense of the term; I just wanted to assist. It's a pretty awful language.

Last edited by mrpibb : 04-18-2013 at 12:10 AM.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #79
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

I could not think of a worse team to play in your final game if your going for a playoff spot than Memphis @ home, tough luck for the Jazz the Grizz were just to tough on D, Z-Bo put up the men at work sign and Favors copped the most of it.

Interesting off-season for the Jazz
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #80
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
And he never threw his team "under the bus." He said that because no team has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit and, as he went on to say, he believed the Spurs were the champions.

You don't say the Spurs will be the next NBA champions before the series is even over especially your supposed leader! If that happened anywhere but Utah it would have been big news and he would have been forced out in the off-season. The fact that he was back and not a word said about it by the media or the fans is amazing and typical of the franchise's history.

Quote:
I'm sure you intentionally twisted the meaning of that phrase for your regular anti-Jefferson discourse.

I don't need to twist anything. Me not liking Al ball or the 15 million a year they've been paying him for mediocrity or all they gave up for him has nothing to do with his lack of education. He shouldn't open his mouth!

Quote:
I won't even argue with your last point because no one else was making a goddamn shot. That's the reason we should have kept feeding Al, because he was abusing the paint, absolutely abusing it. Make them double team hard so as to open up the lane for more cutters or open shots for the people who were actually making shots--Foye and Hayward.

How much is that because of Al ball though? When they've played well recently they weren't force feeding him the ball. They were playing the motion offense. The ball was moving.

Quote:
The team played better under Tinsley. That's something you've repeatedly said.

They had a better record yes. They also looked good when Mo came back and Al was hurt too. They've looked good running the offense through Burks and Hayward. They were able to push the ball and run the offense with those guys. Tinsley is certainly a better fit for Al ball. That ugly era of Jazz ball should be over thankfully. Been a long painful time coming!

Quote:
It's a pretty awful language.

The inclusion of Latin damned it for sure!

Quote:
Interesting off-season for the Jazz

Most interesting since the 1st two post-Stockton/Malone years that's for sure. Next step the lottery!

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 04-18-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: