Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Default Harrison Wants To Play For Denver

Quote:
David Harrison has been spared the cost of taking out an ad.

"If you write something about me, maybe the Nuggets will see it and get interested," Harrison joked Monday.

Actually, a source said the Nuggets are looking at Harrison, a free-agent center who played for the University of Colorado. But they were not said to be one of the most interested teams.

Maybe that will change when they hear of Harrison wanting to play for Denver.

"I chose to play at Colorado, and that's an area that I love," said Harrison, who averaged 4.2 points and 2.2 rebounds last season for Indiana and five and 2.9 in his first four seasons with the Pacers. "I love the fans. I think I could help (the Nuggets) win some games."

But what might the most interesting aspect for the luxury-tax strapped Nuggets? Harrison is willing to work cheap.

"I would take a minimum deal if I would play a lot," Harrison said of the $854,957 minimum for a four-year player. "Obviously, I would love to get a lot of money, but I used to play for free."

For now, Harrison's primary concern is resurrecting a career that has included being suspended in January for five games for violating the NBA's substance-abuse policy. The Pacers did not pick up his $2 million qualifying offer for next season, making him an unrestricted free agent.

The 7-foot Harrison believes the Pacers have interest in re-signing him at a lower price, and he worked out last week for Boston. He's trying to show teams he has grown up after an underwhelming start to his career.

"My first four years in the NBA, I was very childish," Harrison said. "I thought I was still in college. But I've got to put that behind me and be a man."

Harrison called it a "wake-up" call when he was suspended.

"I don't know if I can say what it was," he said of the drug involved. "But it wasn't anything hard."

Now, Harrison is concerned with having a hard body. Harrison, who said he weighed 310 pounds when drafted in 2004 and was more than 270 last season, said he's down to 265 and has been working out regularly in Houston. If that is a further lure for the Nuggets, they know where to find Harrison.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...aying-nuggets/

"I would take a minimum deal if I would play a lot"
I like this guys attitude, but if he is looking to play a lot next year, well then Denver is definetly not a suitable place for him. Especially with George Karl as your coach, just go ask Steven Hunter, who averaged 6 minutes a game and played only 19 games last season.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 07-08-2008 at 03:24 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: Harrison Wants To Play For Denver

I remember the Harrison days when he played in a Buffs uniform. I myself am a Colorado Buffloes fan and I would like to see him play for the Nuggets. He is a big body that can post up on both ends of the court and is a plain out hardworker. This guy loves the game and understands that money is not worth the love for the game in being able to play.

The Nuggets NEED to take a shot at him because I know in my heart that Camby is going to leave.

Imagine this: David Harrison playing center and having Nene play alongside him at power forward. That would be killer inside. No one can get past those two.

P.S. On Sunday I was at D.I.A. to pick up my parents from California and I saw George Karl walking to get his luggage at the baggage claim area on the other side of where I was. I didn't notice him at first until I saw that scar on his lip.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

^^
Was George Karl chewing on something(coughdrop) when you saw him?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Harrison is just a big body that could aloow camby a breather from time to time.

On a side note did you guys know that harrison was good friends with one of the guys on the real world a few seasons back. And actually appeared in a few of the episodes. I think it was the same year he got drafted.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

Well maybe they can sign him since they let Eddie go without a fight!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE

^^
Was George Karl chewing on something(coughdrop) when you saw him?

To think of it I think he was chewing gum!

Now the Nuggets need to go after Harrison since Najera is gone, because he wants little money and wants to play for the Nuggets.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: