Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Kobe a franchise player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Blah blah blah blah blah blah

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #32
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I got owned

Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #33
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #34
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Um.... no?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #35
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Of course Kobe's a franchise player -- that's a stupid question to ask.

He has yet to show whether he can be a successful franchise player, however. I think he will be, though; just not as successful as some people seem to think he'll be.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #36
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

He has yet to show whether he can be a successful franchise player, however. I think he will be, though; just not as successful as some people seem to think he'll be.

If asking it is a stupid question, you'd be surprised reading some of these responses:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53790
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

There are a decent a number of people who don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
If players like Oden, Amare, Howard, Jefferson and Anthony have a chance to get there, so does Okafor.

Also, I guess you could put Kobe and KG up there, but I wouldn't. They weren't that good this last season.

Incidentally... this is another instance where KG gets little to no respect and it has be scratching me head, I have to admit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Kobe is not a franchise player. Chicago do not have a franchise player and have built a (reasonably) balanced roster of excellent role players. If we got Kobe, I would be devistated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Not a troll at all, I respect Kobes abilities, but he can't seem to carry a team, is a constant disruption with his trade demands due to lack of team success, and he hasn't made his teammates better. He is an excellent second-fiddle, but as of yet (this may change as he is now reaching his true prime), he hasn't been able to carry anything. You mentioned Kidd as a good player, but not a franchise player and this is where I see Kobe. Kidd is an all time great, as will be Kobe, but I think they are both players that are better off being pieces of a larger puzzle. Stockton would not be half as great without Malone, Jordan didn't win anything until Pippen emerged, Kidd and Kobe need some decent help, then they will be franchise players. Strictly MY opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
What has Bryant done to show himself to be a franchise player for a Champ? Shaq was the main man on that Laker three-peat and since he's been gone it's been first round or nothing. At least Wade won a Finals MVP over O'Neal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Personally I would put Dirk and Kobe on the 2nd list.

Dirk has had GREAT supporting casts in recent years but hasn't been able to bring it all home.

Kobe is the best individual player in the L but his play style hasn't shown (for more than brief flashes) that is can lead a team to a championship.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #38
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
There are a decent a number of people who don't think so...

some of those people are pretty confused i think. Once Kobe is in a place where a team can be built around him and doesnt deliver, he can then be knocked. But how can one of the best players in the world not be a franchise player?

KG is a franchise player. He was The Twolves. Same thing with him, the good supporting cast was only there for a tiny bit and he got them to the WCF.

The Lakers have garbage players. No body wants their trash so theyre not going to be able to improve and put the right pieces around Kobe. Their best move is to send Kobe to some other team for some young guys and picks.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #39
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

How can you question a player who won the scoring title the last two years whether or not they are a franchise player? ****ery.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #40
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

jerry stackhouse won a scoring title
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: