Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default Great article by JA Adande on Tinsley incident..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...Tinsley-071211

Quote:
One simple line from the Indianapolis Star's account of the Tinsley incident stood out: "Tinsley's attackers took issue with his luxury cars -- a Rolls-Royce, Mercedes CL6 and Dodge Charger -- and his wealth, police said."

If that's true, someone needs to explain what Tinsley did wrong. I don't believe an athlete's driving a nice car is an invitation to get shot any more than I believe a woman's wearing skimpy clothing is an invitation to get raped.

konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Great article by JA Adande on Tinsley incident..

It was more than "Oh thats Jamal Tinsley and he drives a nice car. Let me shoot at it because I'm jealous". I gurantee there was an altercation prior probably just verbally where things were said and mofos felt "disrespected". Afterall Jamal Tinsleys brother and others in a SUV chased the car and shot at them (like a damn action movie). We dont even know all the facts, just mere speculation but I like the idea a couple cats saw Tinsley and words were exchanged...manhood challenged, pride checked and the outcome was a car getting shot up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

what about it being 3am 3 cars deep in a seedy area?

what about the chasing the shooter shooting back? who rolls with people that would do this? ok pro athletes have bodyguards, but cmon, i cant even imagine this scene and how it went down...really sounds like some gangsta movie.

how about someone in his entourage having an outstanding warrant?

i'd give him the benefit of the doubt if this was his first incident and i'd definitely be like wtf he do? but this guy has nobody to blame but himself at this point,

even if he directly didnt do a thing. and yeah it matters if i'm the organization.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It was more than "Oh thats Jamal Tinsley and he drives a nice car. Let me shoot at it because I'm jealous". I gurantee there was an altercation prior probably just verbally where things were said and mofos felt "disrespected". Afterall Jamal Tinsleys brother and others in a SUV chased the car and shot at them (like a damn action movie). We dont even know all the facts, just mere speculation but I like the idea a couple cats saw Tinsley and words were exchanged...manhood challenged, pride checked and the outcome was a car getting shot up.

just wanna say i didnt read your post before posting mine but yeh completely agree in theres way more to it than how some portray it.

I just know when your out pimpin and rolling deep your real cocky, and people dont shoot at other people for no reason other than just hatin on them being rich
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tinsley has the "right" to be hanging out at whatever kind of clubs he is at 3:30 AM where people are carrying guns and, when they feel the urge, using them. It's just stupid. If he has any sense, he will change his habits, go to safer clubs where violence is uncommon, or stay home, or whatever, but after 3 incidents in 14 months it's time to get away from the knuckleheads. Better to be less entertained and not shot at.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Even though Tinsley was dumb being there at that hour etc., most folks aren't automatically the bad guy when THEIR car gets shot up..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

If I was a pro athlete and just had to party, I would have my own personal, private party at my house. Invite only.

That's the way to go.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'm sorry but any of you guys familiar with the club that Tinsley went to? I haven’t cared enough to follow the story, but I’m wondering is the place really as questionable as people keep saying it is?

I don’t know anyone in Indy so I have no clue if this place is really that bad or it’s just an assumption.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

It was Cloud 9 Bar and Grill http://www.cloud9grill.com/ but it is also on 38th street which anyone from Indy will tell you isn't the best part of town. Still, I just can't see myself blaming him for getting shot at. The dudes apparently followed them when they left. There really are dudes that salty and jealous that do things like that.

http://www.cloud9grill.com/
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

That place hardly fit the descriptions it's been given. Sounds to me like people are assuming the place is one way due to what happened.

Quote:
....but it is also on 38th street which anyone from Indy will tell you isn't the best part of town.
Anyone that has gone to Club Love here in DC would say the same about it's surrounding area but Love has been one of the countries hottest nightspot since it opened.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Yea, doesn't seem as "seedy" of a joint as described, but I don't know, I have only been to Indianapolis once and the fam told me if I'm going out (which I wasn't) to stay away from from 38th and some other area which escapes me right now.

Steven Gerrard was robbed last night. I wonder how many articles people will write blaming him for owning 100s of 1000s of dollars of jewelry and hanging with the wrong people. He's the 6th player on that team to be burglarized in the last 18 months
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Even though Tinsley was dumb being there at that hour etc., most folks aren't automatically the bad guy when THEIR car gets shot up..

Who made Tinsley the bad guy? I havent been following this story much...but what I've heard from sports media is basically "poor choice", "bad decision" not so much Tinsley is the bad guy.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

eh, i sorta think it was some sort of retaliation from that group of guys that tinsley and jax had it in with b4.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
eh, i sorta think it was some sort of retaliation from that group of guys that tinsley and jax had it in with b4.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: