Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lakers now leading in Howard talks

lol.

after all this shit, I don't want this f.ag wearing purple and gold.

F.uck that. Stick with Drew if he will resign. Honestly, we just need to add a few more pieces.

Sign and trade Ramon sessions for a first round pick. then trade that first rounder for MarShon Brooks who I think will BLOW UP AND HAVE a legit shot at being a great player in this league. Screw dwight. I really don;t want that drama on the lakers.

We have enough drama being in LA.

Trust me, lakers havent had a quality PG since magic. Give us nash and he is like a makeover, making our house worth much more than it was before. so what if he's old. Teams will be shaking in their boots trying to stop kobe being guarded 1 on 1. Nash will make pau and drew look like BEASTS.

Kobe will then be killing dudes 1 on 1.

Then add that he's going to be playmaked FOR? and save his energy? Kobe can finally take a breather. We can insert any plain 2 guard and Nash will make them look somewhat serviceable. Trust me man. We DO NOT need dwight. All we need is a few bench pieces and we'll be good.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Sign and trade Ramon sessions for a first round pick. then trade that first rounder for MarShon Brooks who I think will BLOW UP AND HAVE a legit shot at being a great player in this league. Screw dwight. I really don;t want that drama on the lakers.
    Everybody keeps saying sign and trade Sessions, but like I mentioned before he was signed by Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    lol.

after all this shit, I don't want this f.ag wearing purple and gold.

F.uck that. Stick with Drew if he will resign. Honestly, we just need to add a few more pieces.

We have enough drama being in LA.

Trust me, lakers havent had a quality PG since magic. Give us nash and he is like a makeover, making our house worth much more than it was before. so what if he's old. Teams will be shaking in their boots trying to stop kobe being guarded 1 on 1. Nash will make pau and drew look like BEASTS.

Kobe will then be killing dudes 1 on 1.

Then add that he's going to be playmaked FOR? and save his energy? Kobe can finally take a breather. We can insert any plain 2 guard and Nash will make them look somewhat serviceable. Trust me man. We DO NOT need dwight. All we need is a few bench pieces and we'll be good.
    Yeah.....it just gets worse, we don't need Diva Boy.....can you imagine what a headache he probably is behind the scenes too.
    Bynum has issues but this guy is in another league....no fking thanks, let Houston have him and let's move on.

I honestly don't think Howard is a bad guy or a diva. What sort of negative things did you hear of him before last 2 years over the free agency stuff? Almost zero, nothing, nada. All you heard was how great of a teammate he was, how funny he was, how hard he worked, how much he respected his teammates, how he was on friendly terms with coaches and everyone, etc.

Before this whole Dwight Howard free agency stuff popped up starting at the beginning of 2010-2011 season, he was one of the more respected players in the nba. I think what happened is Howard got sick of losing season after season and team making mistake after mistake. The Magic ownership couldn't differentiate between their arm and their ass, that's how incompetent they were. They actually worked backwards from their Finals season, losing piece after piece. Taking risks with Gilbert Arenas. Yeah, so much he did for the organization. Also great $120 million contract to the average player (a borderline scrub now) Rashard Lewis. Very smart business investment, Orlando Magic. Reminds me of some Wall Street morons throwing money and putting towards a horrendous investment into some crap badly run company then crying bloody mary after their investment plummets into bankruptcy.

Now that Howard became disgruntled after 6 years of stupidity and incompetence from Magic organization in 2010, Magic organization started backing up and finally realizing what they were on the brink of losing. Shaquille O'Neal 2.0. They did everything they could to try to please Howard, but Howard is done with the incompetency. He wants out any way possible. He wants to go to an organization with an ownership that knows what they are doing.

I admit that Howard saying he only will sign an extension with ONE team was STUPID. If you really want to get out of Orlando so bad, expand that list. Be open-minded Dwight. Give your team a chance to get what you're worth. Don't hold them hostage by saying you will only re-sign with one team. I felt like this was the biggest issue that Howard created. The other thing was he probably had a hand in the Van Gundy and Otis Smith firing.

Other than that.. Remember, a lot of the other trade nonsense was the media's creation. "HOWARD TO NETS CLOSE TO DONE!" "OH WAIT LAKERS ARE IN THE TALK" "OH WAIT LAKERS ARE OUT" "HOWARD TO NETS DONE!" "ROCKETS ARE CLOSE TO REACHING A DEAL!" "3 TEAM DEAL WITH ROCKETS LAKERS MAGIC!" "LAKERS ARE OUT AGAIN" - A lot of that bull$hit drama created by the media trying to increase the hype to sell papers and get readers. Before that whole circus started, if you paid close attention to the NBA, you would know that Dwight was a well-respected player. Perhaps a clown and acting like a kid at times, but respected nonetheless.
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Local High School Star

i would have killed myself long before (or maybe demanded a trade) if i had to listening to SvG voice all these years, like DH12. so he gets a pass from me.

NBA lottery pick

Ron Artest is crazy and we still won a championship with him.... I don't think Dwight is all that messed up. Everybody who is that good has an ego. Great athletes have slightly flawed personalities. It's just part of sports. If the Lakers landed Dwight they would be the favorites to win the title for sure. OKC is going to be a better team this year too. I think the Lakers should do everything they can to be better than they are.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease lakersNUMBA1's Avatar

It's looking like Houston might need Superman right now as we speak.
    3 inches of rain.. crazy flood going on over there.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I honestly don't think Howard is a bad guy or a diva. What sort of negative things did you hear of him before last 2 years over the free agency stuff? Almost zero, nothing, nada. All you heard was how great of a teammate he was, how funny he was, how hard he worked, how much he respected his teammates, how he was on friendly terms with coaches and everyone, etc.

Before this whole Dwight Howard free agency stuff popped up starting at the beginning of 2010-2011 season, he was one of the more respected players in the nba. I think what happened is Howard got sick of losing season after season and team making mistake after mistake. The Magic ownership couldn't differentiate between their arm and their ass, that's how incompetent they were. They actually worked backwards from their Finals season, losing piece after piece. Taking risks with Gilbert Arenas. Yeah, so much he did for the organization. Also great $120 million contract to the average player (a borderline scrub now) Rashard Lewis. Very smart business investment, Orlando Magic. Reminds me of some Wall Street morons throwing money and putting towards a horrendous investment into some crap badly run company then crying bloody mary after their investment plummets into bankruptcy.

Now that Howard became disgruntled after 6 years of stupidity and incompetence from Magic organization in 2010, Magic organization started backing up and finally realizing what they were on the brink of losing. Shaquille O'Neal 2.0. They did everything they could to try to please Howard, but Howard is done with the incompetency. He wants out any way possible. He wants to go to an organization with an ownership that knows what they are doing.

I admit that Howard saying he only will sign an extension with ONE team was STUPID. If you really want to get out of Orlando so bad, expand that list. Be open-minded Dwight. Give your team a chance to get what you're worth. Don't hold them hostage by saying you will only re-sign with one team. I felt like this was the biggest issue that Howard created. The other thing was he probably had a hand in the Van Gundy and Otis Smith firing.

Other than that.. Remember, a lot of the other trade nonsense was the media's creation. "HOWARD TO NETS CLOSE TO DONE!" "OH WAIT LAKERS ARE IN THE TALK" "OH WAIT LAKERS ARE OUT" "HOWARD TO NETS DONE!" "ROCKETS ARE CLOSE TO REACHING A DEAL!" "3 TEAM DEAL WITH ROCKETS LAKERS MAGIC!" "LAKERS ARE OUT AGAIN" - A lot of that bull$hit drama created by the media trying to increase the hype to sell papers and get readers. Before that whole circus started, if you paid close attention to the NBA, you would know that Dwight was a well-respected player. Perhaps a clown and acting like a kid at times, but respected nonetheless.
    That was very well thought out and well written with a ton of valid points

The other side is that he has had problems with SVG, and before last season he took games off just like Bynum. Eventually got his GM, coach and others fired....why if he's leaving anyway? If he left they would still be there.

The problem I have is that he's seemed Bi-Polar over the whole free agency thing, he could have left Orlando last season.....he has milked this thing until everyone is sick of him.....that is entirely his fault, he is the one who decided to stay and repeat the circus. He is also the one who made a list of teams he would go to and then seemed to change it daily.......why not be a man, make a decision and stick to it?
    Why be such a b!tch and worry about following Shaq? If he really wants to win a championship there are only a few teams this would happen with....and who is better at winning in the last 30 years than the Lakers?
    His championship total with the Lakers could eclipse Shaq's so why worry?

Because of the above I cannot take him seriously, he doesn't seem torn by this, he seems like he is feeding off it and all the attention, he should want to get this done like a man and move forward......besides, he is not that good compared to the greats anyway. If he manned up and went to a team then the media couldn't talk about anything....right.

Serious playground baller

I think Dwight to Houston is a done deal (and a good deal for the Magic).

We need to move on improving the bench:

1. I'd really like to see Jordan Hill resigned, and it looks that that is highly probable.

2. I think Antawn Jamison would be a nice scorer off the bench. I think we could use him at both the 3 and the 4 at times, giving him minutes and touches. He'd be a nice change up at the 4 from Pau and Hill, and also a nice change up at the 3 from Metta/Ebanks. I think he costs the MMLE

3. We need a shooter, probably a SG. I know Meeks has been talked about, and I know Mayo, Lee and Belinelli are still out there. I'd love Mayo or Lee, but pretty sure they are out of our price range, and unfortunately, we were unable to use Sessions in a S&T. I'm a little bummed to see Sessions go too, I wish we could have moved Blake and resigned Sessions, as I think we need scoring punch off the bench.
    Maybe Glok and Odom-Johnson can win some minutes?
    I think it's time to move on past Dwight, and make sure Bynum is happy.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Robster89

1. I'd really like to see Jordan Hill resigned, and it looks that that is highly probable.
    It will be a miracle if Hill returns. If he does it's only because he wants to be a Laker, it certainly won't be for the money since the Lakers are limited in how much they can pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster89

2. I think Antawn Jamison would be a nice scorer off the bench. I think we could use him at both the 3 and the 4 at times, giving him minutes and touches. He'd be a nice change up at the 4 from Pau and Hill, and also a nice change up at the 3 from Metta/Ebanks. I think he costs the MMLE

3. We need a shooter, probably a SG. I know Meeks has been talked about, and I know Mayo, Lee and Belinelli are still out there. I'd love Mayo or Lee, but pretty sure they are out of our price range, and unfortunately, we were unable to use Sessions in a S&T. I'm a little bummed to see Sessions go too, I wish we could have moved Blake and resigned Sessions, as I think we need scoring punch off the bench.
    Maybe Glok and Odom-Johnson can win some minutes?
    I think it's time to move on past Dwight, and make sure Bynum is happy.
    Dwight to Houston is nowhere near done. I hope we get him.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Dwight to Houston is nowhere near done. I hope we get him.
    Agreed, the best deal for Orlando is to get Bynum. I don't care how many random draft picks get thrown at them.... Bynum is the 2nd best C in the league. When was the last time a big got traded for another legit big? It's rare because most teams never had the ammo to do so. The Magic really need to think that one out. They could rebuild around Bynum, but could they around random draft picks? Sure it would prolly give the Lakers a ship. It would also put their franchise ahead of what they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Agreed, the best deal for Orlando is to get Bynum. I don't care how many random draft picks get thrown at them.... Bynum is the 2nd best C in the league. When was the last time a big got traded for another legit big? It's rare because most teams never had the ammo to do so. The Magic really need to think that one out. They could rebuild around Bynum, but could they around random draft picks? Sure it would prolly give the Lakers a ship. It would also put their franchise ahead of what they would be.
    The problem is that Diva Boy and Knucklehead don't want to sign extensions

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    The problem is that Diva Boy and Knucklehead don't want to sign extensions
    I hear ya. I did ask this before though and nobody could give me an answer.... Let's say they did this trade and neither signed extensions. Of course you can always make more money with the team you were on, so it's not like they can go somewhere else and sign for more money. Plus, what teams will even have that kind of cap space to sign one of those players? Houston comes to mind now, but Dwight already said he wouldn't sign an extension there so I can't see him bolting to the Rockets if he was a FA. I think Detroit may have some room. They have a really nice group of young guys that are on the verge of doing something good, but Joe Dumars doesn't believe in max contracts. For Howard he'd probably make an exception but outside of that I don't see it happening, plus I don't think they have enough to make that big of an offer anyhow. Maybe Dallas would have some room??? I don't see how both of those guys could just move on to other teams. Also it's not like they'd be putting themselves in better situations to win championships necessarily if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I hear ya. I did ask this before though and nobody could give me an answer.... Let's say they did this trade and neither signed extensions. Of course you can always make more money with the team you were on, so it's not like they can go somewhere else and sign for more money. Plus, what teams will even have that kind of cap space to sign one of those players? Houston comes to mind now, but Dwight already said he wouldn't sign an extension there so I can't see him bolting to the Rockets if he was a FA. I think Detroit may have some room. They have a really nice group of young guys that are on the verge of doing something good, but Joe Dumars doesn't believe in max contracts. For Howard he'd probably make an exception but outside of that I don't see it happening, plus I don't think they have enough to make that big of an offer anyhow. Maybe Dallas would have some room??? I don't see how both of those guys could just move on to other teams. Also it's not like they'd be putting themselves in better situations to win championships necessarily if they did.
    The problem is that they are both such weird quirky guys that they......especially Dwight may either demand to be traded if Kobe or Nash is getting too much attention....or he may jerk us around for the entire offseason next year.......why even bother with the Diva if he won't extend as a trade condition. As I said, he could have ended this whole mess last season. He seems to enjoy this drama so much that he's probably thinking about continually signing 1 year contracts