Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: 66% of NBA GMs call Kobe the best shooting guard in the league

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah...for the 80 millionth time: one more ring does not vault Kobe into the GOAT discussion or top 3 all-time. Doesn't matter how many times you post it, it doesn't make it true.
    Considering how Bryant plays to get that 6th ring, backed up with solid numbers in the regular season, playoffs, and finals... he should get Top 5 discussion ?

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

John Wooden said Kobe was the best hed ever seen play the game. While I disagree, just throwing it out there because its John Wooden. RIP. Anyway, any yall here think its plausible for Kobe Bean to get number 7 before he retires?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Considering how Bryant plays to get that 6th ring, backed up with solid numbers in the regular season, playoffs, and finals... he should get Top 5 discussion ?
    At some point he has to be in the discussion. He may have never been as good as someone like Bird, but depending on how long he continues to play at a high level, at some point we have to consider the fact that X years of Kobe Bryant is worth more than 13 years of Larry Bird. Longevity does help teams win championships and therefore should matter.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    John Wooden said Kobe was the best hed ever seen play the game. While I disagree, just throwing it out there because its John Wooden. RIP. Anyway, any yall here think its plausible for Kobe Bean to get number 7 before he retires?
    I'd love to see that, especially because of the haters reactions lol. That would be so priceless.

However, I'm gunna say 6 is the most he can get. Especially in this 2 or 3 year window. I think he can hold up these next 2 years, but i'm not sure if Nash can. Then i have absolutely NO confidence in Mike Brown ( can't believe CDR got cut smh). So i'll be happy if he can win at least 1 more, but 2 would be amazing.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    At some point he has to be in the discussion. He may have never been as good as someone like Bird, but depending on how long he continues to play at a high level, at some point we have to consider the fact that X years of Kobe Bryant is worth more than 13 years of Larry Bird. Longevity does help teams win championships and therefore should matter.
    While i may not agree with your whole statement, i agree with your entire point though. People don't realize his longevity is amazing. To still be a top 5 player in the game for this long is sorta rare. To even play this long is amazing. People like to say he's lucky b/c of who he played with. But they way i see it, if the Lakers organization STILL feels they can build a title contending team around a 34 year old who's going into his 17th season, that should tell you how great he is. What other teams will still try to build around a star that's played for 17 years? And are still CONFIDENT they can win the championship with someone who's played so many minutes?

Yall watch the game last night? He played smart unselfish and efficient. Im gonna say based on what I saw from him last night, and its only a preseason game and not taking into account the entirety of an 82 game season, but he looked spry. He hasnt looked this good since at least 08 or 09. Okay Im ready for backlash.

Anyway, any yall here think its plausible for Kobe Bean to get number 7 before he retires?
    It's certainly not out of the question.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Yall watch the game last night? He played smart unselfish and efficient. Im gonna say based on what I saw from him last night, and its only a preseason game and not taking into account the entirety of an 82 game season, but he looked spry. He hasnt looked this good since at least 08 or 09. Okay Im ready for backlash.
    OK I'll help you out.......

It's the PRE-SEASON.

There, my gift to you sir.

Ha, as I said in my post, not taking into account the entirety of an 82 game season... But still... Expecting backlash. Making big claims like best hes looked since 09 based off of one preseason game is worth it. I did it to myself. ahhhh Lakers. See what you do to me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, definitely. One more ring and I can get on board with him being in the top 5, but probably at #5. It'd take a pretty spectacular "turn back the clock" type playoff and Finals performance for me to put him ahead of anyone in my top four: Jordan, Russell, Magic, and Kareem.
    Last edited by KG215; 10-22-2012 at 09:24 PM.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Yeah, definitely. One more ring and I can get on board with him being in the top 5, but probably at #5. It'd take a pretty spectacular "turn back the clock" type playoff and Finals performance for me to put him ahead of anyone in my top four: Jordan, Russell, Magic, and Kareem.
    So you would have Kobe over Wilt and Bird? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I'm not even a Kobe fan and I've got to say; when was this ever even a debate?
    You might not be a Kobe fan, but your certainly a raging Heat hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    So you would have Kobe over Wilt and Bird? Just curious.
    This is the only players I see with Kobe if he's considered Top 5 (and this is a big IF, taking into account how he played all-year and next year too):

Jordan
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem

^With those guys above him, so Kobe being exactly @ #5. Nev, I know you will disagree (don't mind that), but that's what I see the consensus agreeing with.

I'd more less have to agree too, but I would switch Magic with Wilt for me.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

The other 34% are the gm's if the Bobcats, Magic, Pistons, Houston, Golden State, Tor, Sac, Clev., Wizards, and Phx.