Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ray Allen

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Ray Allen

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I think most of us Celtics fans have moved on. Pretty childish to bring this shit back OP
    Nah, it really isn't. But I understand why you're a little salty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Its easier to look better when defenses are primarily worried about James, Bosh, and Wade.

On Boston, Ray at one point, WAS one of the primary targets for opposing defenses, and for some stretches, Ray was buckling under that.
    He was utilized much less as his seasons as a Celtic passed by.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    So Ray is okay with coming off the bench in Miami with less pay but was bitching about Bradley starting?

And why did Boston sign Terry anyways?

Boston dumb as hell.
    Ray stated he was fine all along coming off the bench. It's the fact that Celtics disrespected him (don't ask me, but he says it). He also stated the biggest compliment was playing at the end of the games. According to him, it had nothing to do with Bradley.

Terry was actually a good choice by the Celtics, but the franchise should have tend to Allen first (although he was taking his time). Terry is a decent enough player to replace Allen's role.
    Last edited by Killbot; 11-25-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Ray stated he was fine all along coming off the bench. It's the fact that Celtics disrespected him (don't ask me, but he says it). He also stated the biggest compliment was playing at the end of the games. According to him, it had nothing to do with Bradley.
    Wasn't he pissed off because the Celtics tried to trade him?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    Wasn't he pissed off because the Celtics tried to trade him?
    There were multiple factors not just one.

Here are some that I THINK played a factor in his departure:

1) Trying to trade him was one factor. I know other Celtics fans say Rondo and Pierce gets trade talks (Rondo, especially), but NONE of them came as close as Ray for OJ Mayo. NONE. He got a phone call saying it was done and then Doc/Ainge pulled it back.

2) Ray was utilized less as each year went by. He became a decoy rather than a main cog in the group. Ray wanted to do some posting ups on smaller guards (who either switched off on him or the team had smaller backcourt players). Doc didn't like the idea and prefer that the team was most effective with Rondo having the ball (this is true, IMO, especially last season).
    Part of this fault was on Ray. His speed was hindered much more with bone spurs and he hesitated on some shots when he had enough space to shoot it.

3) Ray felt unappreciated during free agency with Boston Celtics. According to his take, Miami Heat had all these plans on how to utilize Ray and that impressed him. Boston Celtics, meanwhile, were not as eager to get him back compared to his last free agency where he signed with the Celtics. Here's the controversy: Doc is saying they called Ray 1st thing and must have changed phone numbers, but Ray says he never got the call from Doc.

4) Locker room problem with Rondo. Pretty much self-explanatory that started in '09 during the Phoenix Suns game. He told Rondo to be more likeable player to Doc and Ainge so that he doesn't get packaged with him and get traded to other teams. He didn't want to leave the Celtics. Rondo didn't take it lightly and thus started the problems.

5) The actual contract. It was reported by Doc that Ray was jealous of KG's contract (IMO, I think it's partly true, but not entirely). Ray wanted a reported 3 yr 27 million dollar contract. Although I think it's nuts, the most important factor to me was the amount of years that the Celtics offered Ray (2 yr, 12 million). Every other Celtic player in free agency seem to have gotten a 3 yr contract, but Ray only had 2. They did offer Ray a no trade clause later after Miami Heat seemed to grab Ray's attention more, but it was too late. Honestly, if Celtics offered Ray 3 yrs 18 million with a no trade clause from the BEGINNING, that would have made him stay.

6) Signing of Terry before Ray. 1st, Ray didn't feel as wanted. 2nd, this means less minutes and less plays for Ray. Although it's a bit selfish on Ray, I believe that he believes he still can contribute at an effective level. They didn't seem to trust Ray's abilities.
    Last edited by Killbot; 11-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.

The Celtics are missing Ray significantly on the offensive end, they brought in Terry, but he doesn't move without the ball without the ball like Ray and doesn't spread the floor as much.

He was a big part of the win in 08, I recall his 55 point game in the Chicago playoff game, all endless game winning big shots. And the organisation disrespect him time after time.

The Miami bench role is totally different, is he second SG behind D Wade, legit super star, in Boston they started Avery Bradley over him, which just added the reasons for him to leave.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    The Celtics are missing Ray significantly on the offensive end, they brought in Terry, but he doesn't move without the ball without the ball like Ray and doesn't spread the floor as much.

He was a big part of the win in 08, I recall his 55 point game in the Chicago playoff game, all endless game winning big shots. And the organisation disrespect him time after time.

The Miami bench role is totally different, is he second SG behind D Wade, legit super star, in Boston they started Avery Bradley over him, which just added the reasons for him to leave.
    We miss ray at the end of games right now. Terry can hit crazy off balance 3 pointers as well. The difference isnt a big difference. Ray offered traditional SG size, and underrated passing ability. Boston can adjust and is depending on Bradley to be the starter.

He was huge for BOS in 2008 and 2009. He ran out of steam 2010 on. Ray is a luxury item more so than necessity at this stage. He's not a better player than KG or PP right now, and ultimately BOS went with 2 guys who can still score and play both ends of the floor above average at least.

Starting Bradley made the defense scarier and faster. When bradley was in a groove, our perimeter D was lights out. His tenacity even influenced Rondo to play the D hes capable of. With quick PG-SG pairs in the Jennings/Ellis mold, a Rondo/Bradley line up is better. If Bradley hits his open 3's and scores off the ball. This team is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    We miss ray at the end of games right now. Terry can hit crazy off balance 3 pointers as well. The difference isnt a big difference. Ray offered traditional SG size, and underrated passing ability. Boston can adjust and is depending on Bradley to be the starter.

He was huge for BOS in 2008 and 2009. He ran out of steam 2010 on. Ray is a luxury item more so than necessity at this stage. He's not a better player than KG or PP right now, and ultimately BOS went with 2 guys who can still score and play both ends of the floor above average at least.

Starting Bradley made the defense scarier and faster. When bradley was in a groove, our perimeter D was lights out. His tenacity even influenced Rondo to play the D hes capable of. With quick PG-SG pairs in the Jennings/Ellis mold, a Rondo/Bradley line up is better. If Bradley hits his open 3's and scores off the ball. This team is a lot better.
    You make some good points, however I think Ray is more than a spot up shooter, I recall the Seattle days , when he could score off the dribble, this year with Miami, he's gone back to that style, scoring off the dribble.

The Celtics playbooks can be predictable at times. It can be argued that Ray brings more offensive threat's than KG or PP- at this stage in their careers.

The concession will be made, that Ray is a little bit of defensive liability, and the Celtics built around defensive pressure, for that reason he probably lost the starting role to Bradley.

The Celtics are desperate for another power forward/Center, they will be at some stage, be making a trading for another PF/C.

NBA lottery pick

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Ray Allen is bitchmade and not who we thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Regardless, I think we can all agree that Ray Allen is bitchmade and not who we thought he was.
    The Miami Heat fan's probably disagree with you, given that he already made two game winning shots this year.

Very good NBA starter

You make some good points, however I think Ray is more than a spot up shooter, I recall the Seattle days , when he could score off the dribble, this year with Miami, he's gone back to that style, scoring off the dribble.

The Celtics playbooks can be predictable at times. It can be argued that Ray brings more offensive threat's than KG or PP- at this stage in their careers.

The concession will be made, that Ray is a little bit of defensive liability, and the Celtics built around defensive pressure, for that reason he probably lost the starting role to Bradley.

The Celtics are desperate for another power forward/Center, they will be at some stage, be making a trading for another PF/C.
    The celtics messed up thinking they can change Darko. Also giving Jeff Green a 9 mill contract when he wasnt even getting thaton the open market. I def see Ainge going for Gortat but honestly I dont expect this team to win a title. I see them giving false hope and then hitting low come 2014-2015. I have been a celtic watcher since Battie/Eric Williams/Kenny anderson delk era. I can live with another bad stretch.

This team will only make the finals if PP or KG play out of their minds. I do think PP is going to be more vital because hes unrestricted free agent endof season. PP is going to try and one last 2-3 year 12-15 mill contract.

I'm not entirely convinced that the Celtics championship window is completely closed just yet. Theres only a couple teams in the east that can truly compete with them for 7 games come playoff time, and even against them the Cs still have a fighting chance given that everybody steps up come playoff time. Plus they'll have Bradley back and KG and PP have been getting a lot of rest so if they're not banged up, I don't see why its impossible that the Cs upset the Heat and go to the finals, although unlikely and I wouldn't bet on it

If they did get to the finals, depending on the opponent, they could definitly win it. I think they'd match up very well vs OKC or LA potentially. In that sort of scenario it would probably be more beneficial to have Ray than Terry

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    I'm not entirely convinced that the Celtics championship window is completely closed just yet. Theres only a couple teams in the east that can truly compete with them for 7 games come playoff time, and even against them the Cs still have a fighting chance given that everybody steps up come playoff time. Plus they'll have Bradley back and KG and PP have been getting a lot of rest so if they're not banged up, I don't see why its impossible that the Cs upset the Heat and go to the finals, although unlikely and I wouldn't bet on it

If they did get to the finals, depending on the opponent, they could definitly win it. I think they'd match up very well vs OKC or LA potentially. In that sort of scenario it would probably be more beneficial to have Ray than Terry
    They're going to have to give something up valuable to get a quality PF/C, Bradley, will be probably go, Bass is not that valuable on the open market, he is valuable player but under rated, and won't be in big demand.

Most teams won't be taking the risk of Bradley, so they would want to compensated with a good deal, therefore the Celtics may have to give up more than they really want to.

Celtics will have to play out of their skin, and have a lot of luck if they're got any chance against Miami, I can see them pushing Miami to 6 games, but this year Miami's bench is distinctly better.

The other sleeping giant in the East, is the 76's, if Bynum gets healthy before the playoffs, he's going tear the Celtics apart inside. NY also much up favorably against the Celtics, they have a lot of quality inside and with Jason Kidd's senior leadership, Melo's ego won't get out of control.

Their Window is closing, unless they pull off some magic deals.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

They're going to have to give something up valuable to get a quality PF/C, Bradley, will be probably go, Bass is not that valuable on the open market, he is valuable player but under rated, and won't be in big demand.

Most teams won't be taking the risk of Bradley, so they would want to compensated with a good deal, therefore the Celtics may have to give up more than they really want to.

Celtics will have to play out of their skin, and have a lot of luck if they're got any chance against Miami, I can see them pushing Miami to 6 games, but this year Miami's bench is distinctly better.

The other sleeping giant in the East, is the 76's, if Bynum gets healthy before the playoffs, he's going tear the Celtics apart inside. NY also much up favorably against the Celtics, they have a lot of quality inside and with Jason Kidd's senior leadership, Melo's ego won't get out of control.

Their Window is closing, unless they pull off some magic deals.
    You speak quite a lot of absolute shite.

I'll give you the last line though, if it was 2011

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Ask that JonnySic poster or whatever his name is...
    He talked about him as if he was Adam Morrison now or something.
    All I ever said was that Allen is in steep decline, which is true. He's doing better in Miami because he doesn't have to work as hard there.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    All I ever said was that Allen is in steep decline, which is true. He's doing better in Miami because he doesn't have to work as hard there.
    Hes doing more in our offense than hes ever done in Boston. Hes handling the ball a lot more, shooting better and getting steals.

Steep decline?
    How can you even say that seriously? If he was in a steep decline he wouldn't be matching his production in his best years in Boston right now.