Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah I did from 10-12th grade and also Sonny Hill league where top talent in the city run against each other on teams. I played against Kobe before. I've seen dude pull Ricky Davis over Steve Nash more than once. He was also doing a lot of that And1 ish....come down left right left right dribble it fake like he throws a pass to the right meanwhile wraps it around your head catching it with the left. Dude was splitting two defenders and doing 180 tomahawk jams. I dont know what highlights people are seeing but from what I saw dude was great athletically.

I hear people call Kobe unathletic all the time and I am thinking WTF. He has been one of the most athletic swingmen since he entered the league. Athletisism is not just vertical leap(although he has a nice vertical leap too).

Quote Originally Posted by Efunk7
    to me, he is the only one who has shown he can be a sure-fire nba contributor right now other than gordon...my problem with gordon is his size at the 2 and lack of point guard skills...my issue with mayo is his decision making and lack of development of point guard skills (although he claims magic to be his fav player)...my issue with rose is his still suspect jumper...bayless can score/shoot just about as well/at will as gordon, has the athleticism of rose, has shown point guard skills, and has shown the best competitive spirit out of all of them imo...
    Ok i got you.

Derrick Rose. he has shown that he can score already. OJ isn't doing as well as i thought that he would be

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Hes right.

Look at HS clips of Kobe,he wasnt that great of an athlete.

Kobe basically played like Martell Webster in High School
    That's just plain silly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    so you think he'll be better than mayo and rose?
    No.

Bayless-Quick Undersized SG w/good ballhandling

As I said,Barbosa is more accurate of what he will become in the NBA but Bayless has more hops than Barbosa

No.

Bayless-Quick Undersized SG w/good ballhandling

As I said,Barbosa is more accurate of what he will become in the NBA but Bayless has more hops than Barbosa
    you co-signed a guys post where he says he'd take bayless over any other freshman guard

another proof that you're an ignoramus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    Derrick Rose. he has shown that he can score already. OJ isn't doing as well as i thought that he would be
    Because OJ should've gone to Duke,which would have put him on a bigger national level where more people could see him play on the East Coast and on the West Coast as well.

OJ also would have gotten great coaching on how to play in a system and he would have learned better shot selection while playing the SG rather than playing PG.

or........

OJ should've gone to St.Johns where he could play in NYC and he would get the ball more than Beasley gets the ball at K-State,not to mention he would be the catalyst to put St.Johns back on the map in college basketball.

St.Johns last hope I think is to get Lance Stephenson.

Banned

you co-signed a guys post where he says he'd take bayless over any other freshman guard

STFU ******,I agreed with the statement because Bayless has been better than any other Freshman Guard.

But I do not believe his pro potential is as good as Rose or Mayo's where I think both could make numerous All Star Games

Serious playground baller

tell me what freshman guard has been better overall or meant more to his team than bayless this year?...the only name that should come up is gordon...

Banned

tell me what freshman guard has been better overall or meant more to his team than bayless this year?...the only name that should come up is gordon...
    Gordon has not been more important to Indiana than Bayless has to Arizona.

Indiana looked like a solid team anyways this season without Gordon and they would've been 15-1 at this point without Gordon.

Just look at there schedule to this point.

just checking up does he actually read posts he cosigns:) since he doesn't consider kobe bryant a great athlete

honestly, i haven't seen enough to really have a legit opinion. i like gordon the most from what he is showing right now, but IMO he has the least upside too.

Gordon has not been more important to Indiana than Bayless has to Arizona.

Indiana looked like a solid team anyways this season without Gordon and they would've been 15-1 at this point without Gordon.

Just look at there schedule to this point.
    I agree, i just meant that the only possible guard who has been better is gordon...

just checking up does he actually read posts he cosigns:) since he doesn't consider kobe bryant a great athlete

honestly, i haven't seen enough to really have a legit opinion. i like gordon the most from what he is showing right now, but IMO he has the least upside too.
    i agree with you about the kobe thing - he has def shown himself to be a great athlete...and if you don't have enough background to have a legit opinion, why comment about it?...i do agree with you about gordon's upside, however...

i agree with you about the kobe thing - he has def shown himself to be a great athlete...and if you don't have enough background to have a legit opinion, why comment about it?...i do agree with you about gordon's upside, however...
    i really didn't say anything about the original topic.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I have to assume that by "not a great" athlete he meant that Kobe was not a guy that depended on his athleticism the way a kat like Derrick Rose does.

Kobe's athletic ability was a plus to his skillset while athleticism is Derrick's skillset.