Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: What will be the most heartworming story this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Celtics win the 'ship, KG and Pierce retire on top and Ray retires after losing to the Celtics in the ECF. Heartwarming :')

Now that would be cool

When Phil comes back to LA, the team goes to dinner, and he, Nash and Kobe laugh because they got the seniors discount and the other guys didn't.

College star

Phil comes back to LA.
    Lakers lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    David Stern retires.

Beautiful story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    This isn't an "agree to disagree" type debate. You're just completely and spectacularly wrong.

You're making all kinds of declarative statements on what YOU feel, but aren't backed up objective data. Your opinions aren't facts. Remember that.

Take a look at Basketball-Reference's 2012-13 Leaders.

Review the defensive categories.

Kevin Durant is currently:

- #1 in Defensive Win Shares
    - #4 in Defensive Rating
    - #2 in Defensive rebounds
    - #9 in Total rebounds
    - #4 in Rebounds per game
    - #9 in Defensive rebound %
    - #15 in Steals

So, not only Durant not an inept defender due to his supposed lack of size and strength, he's rated one of the best in the game!

Do yourself a favor and review some of the information in the website I've cited. It might open your eyes a bit, and provide you with some factual foundation.
    I dont need no skewed report sheet, or twisted facts to see that Durant isnt a good defender. Those stats you just provided are nearly all his rebounding stats, what the hell does that have to do with defense? LOL Defensive Win Shares and Rating? Explain to me what that means, anyways Im going back to watching the actual games to see with my own eyes, because Im telling you right now Durant is not a good defender.

Durant isn't a good defender, the eye test should prove as much. He may be okay at times, but he was horrendous on defense against Miami. I don't blame him for getting overpowered by Bron, but he got lit up by Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller in consecutive games after being switched off of LBJ. It's not that Rio and Mike aren't capable scorers, but they're usually going to score around 10, not 25 on the Heat. That said, I don't think he's a terrible defender or anything.
    Last edited by RRR3; 11-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Defensive Win Shares and Rating? Explain to me what that means, anyways Im going back to watching the actual games to see with my own eyes, because Im telling you right now Durant is not a good defender.

Can you read and comprehend English? Why don't you educate yourself on what the various categories mean instead of talking out of your butt about "skewed stats" that clearly show that KD excels at various aspects of defense.

You don't become #1 in the entire league in Defensive Rating by being lousy at it.

A smart person would just admit they were wrong, and move on. But I doubt you're very intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Durant isn't a good defender, the eye test should prove as much. He may be okay at times, but he was horrendous on defense against Miami. I don't blame him for getting overpowered by Bron, but he got lit up by Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller in consecutive games after being switched off of LBJ. It's not that Rio and Mike aren't capable scorers, but they're usually going to score around 10, not 25 on the Heat. That said, I don't think he's a terrible defender or anything.
    "Defense", as a whole, comprises more than just man-on-man. As already quoted, KD does a number of things that form various aspects of effective defense. Thus, he has the top defensive rating in the league.

And, if you say that he had some defensive problems in the Finals, you also have to acknowledge that he played excellent defense on Kobe at several key points, helping OKC to move on from that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Can you read and comprehend English? Why don't you educate yourself on what the various categories mean instead of talking out of your butt about "skewed stats" that clearly show that KD excels at various aspects of defense.

You don't become #1 in the entire league in Defensive Rating by being lousy at it.

A smart person would just admit they were wrong, and move on. But I doubt you're very intelligent.
    The defensive ratings/win shares theory was created by some Dean Oliver guy. It isn't factual it is a theory of percentages and numbers joined together to make sense of a players output and impact on the game. What it wont show in these statistics are things like off the ball pressure, deflections, pressure defense, the ability to body up at the right times, amount of pressure exerted on cutting off the passing lanes etc etc. These are intangibles and things that don't show up on the stats and this is why you clearly don't understand why Durant is not a good defender. He is not a bad one, but he is not at a level of good to great...