Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Assassins Creed Revelations!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    It's basically the same. Except now there's a Hunters mode where its 4 on 4 one side tries not to die, the other hunts them down.

Maps need to be bigger IMO.
    that was in the last.....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    that was in the last.....
    I never played that mode.

The ending..

I'm so ****ing pissed. Garbage ending. Game was too short. Beat it in about 18 hours played with 80% synced on one play through.
    Don't spoil anything for me, but what's wrong with the ending? Is it abrupt or is it just stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Don't spoil anything for me, but what's wrong with the ending? Is it abrupt or is it just stupid?
    No spoilers. I took my time writing this.

You know how you know the apocalypse is coming? and you just don't know what form it is? and you know that the temples are the keys to stopping it? Let's just say you'll be disappointed and wanting more. Plus I'm not even sure what the **** the Templars mission was through all of this now.

Actually I just looked it up, apparently there's supposed to be another one. That actually wraps it all up. I thought THIS one, was the last one. So the next one could be really good or really bad. I wish they just would have released this as a DLC for Brotherhood, or released it with the next one.
    Last edited by Rose; 11-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.

I just finished DNA sequence 6 and God damn this game is amazing. Might be my favorite Assassins Creed game. Lets see how it finishes...But as of right now I'd rank them like this:

1.) Revelations
    2.) II
    3.) Brotherhood
    4.) 1

I just finished DNA sequence 6 and God damn this game is amazing. Might be my favorite Assassins Creed game. Lets see how it finishes...But as of right now I'd rank them like this:

1.) Revelations
    2.) II
    3.) Brotherhood
    4.) 1
    I like how everyone's least favorite is the first.

But I agree with your rankings mostly. This one just feels too short(and easy) to be my favorite.

I like how everyone's least favorite is the first.

But I agree with your rankings mostly. This one just feels too short(and easy) to be my favorite.
    The first one actually had a really good story, but it was so damn repetitive and the combat was flawed. It was good, but all of the other AC games blow it away in terms of gameplay and mission structure.

This game doesn't seem that short to me. Feels just a little bit shorter than II. I'm on DNA sequence 8 and I've been playing a lot for the past few days.

The first one actually had a really good story, but it was so damn repetitive and the combat was flawed. It was good, but all of the other AC games blow it away in terms of gameplay and mission structure.

This game doesn't seem that short to me. Feels just a little bit shorter than II. I'm on DNA sequence 8 and I've been playing a lot for the past few days.
    I beat the game in under 17 hours with 84% synch. I've never beaten one that fast, and surely not with that high of a completion. Although the game is almost over for you.

I agree with you on the first. I was actually really good at the combat in it. I only stopped playing because it glitched on me and took away my map. And I'm very OCD in the AC games wanting my map filled out.

I finished it yesterday. I don't really know what to say about the ending...

I finished it yesterday. I don't really know what to say about the ending...
    Told you.

They could have wrapped it up then and there but nooooo

Told you.

They could have wrapped it up then and there but nooooo
    I hate that a new AC game comes out every year now. It's going to start getting stale. They should just release Assassins Creed III in 2013.

I hate that a new AC game comes out every year now. It's going to start getting stale. They should just release Assassins Creed III in 2013.
    Well they kinda can't since it's about 2012.

But I agree. I really dislike franchises that do that.

I mean seriously, another 5 minute cut scene, and I would have been happy with the game, and the franchise would have ended on a great note.

Just finished it in two days, yeah definitely too short. But lot's of fun.

To those saying that they should've wrapped it up in this one, Ubisoft said from the beginning that this one is merely meant to wrap up Altair and Ezio's storyline, and resolve a few things from Desmond's storyline. So it's not like they conned us into buying this game, it is what they said it will be. And as a huge fan of the series, I'm very happy with how the two assassins' stories turned out, but feeling a bit disappointed about Desmond's. I don't see how they've shown us anything about what's really going on that fans of the franchise hadn't already figured out.

There are too many aspects of the main story that are either unresolved or unexplored for this story line to have ended with this game. I do hope AC3 is the last AC game, dragging it on any longer than that will kill this franchise IMO. I reckon the next game will not focus around the use of the Animus, aside from minor side missions.

In any case, Ubisoft had created two epic characters in Altair and Ezio and it only feels appropriate that they got a proper ending.

Spoilers ho!

I did get confused about the mention of Cyprus at the end. Altair made a reference to it to his son so he can spread the rumor that that's where the apple is. The thing is that Borgia actually did find the apple there! I get that there are multiple apples, but why make a reference to Cyprus as if it was a fake destination when there WAS actually an apple there in AC2! Also, if Altair didn't put it in Cyprus, where did that apple come from? Need to do some digging.

By the way, am I the only one who was wary of Sofia at the end in the library? I was so afraid Ubisoft was gonna go cheesy on us and make Sofia a Templar all along and kill Ezio and take the apple.

Is Brotherhood worth picking up? I played AC2 and just got Revelations which I'm really enjoying. Ubisoft appear to have done a great job on this game.

I totally thought the same thing about the chick. Especially when she was like "you go on alone" I was like she's gonna kill him...and that will wrap it all up. what an awesomely, kinda bad but totally surprising and surprisingly good ending.