Decent playground baller

Default Hollinger Playoff Odds

Just for a chuckle:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

We've got a better shot at the finals and chip than the Heat. Somebody shut down Yonge street for the parade.

I think his calculator is broken...
    Last edited by Parps; 01-13-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Default Re: Hollinger Playoff Odds

That seems so wrong.

Banned

It is just what the Raptors' playoff route is gonna be. If they manage to avoid both Heat and Pacers in the second round they will have a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    It is just what the Raptors' playoff route is gonna be. If they manage to avoid both Heat and Pacers in the second round they will have a great chance.
    There's only 1 way I see that happening. Raptors go on an amazing streak and get #1 seed and bump the Pacers and Heat to the #2 and #3 seeds. Then the odds are in our favour to at least go to the ECF.

They currently sit out of the #1 seed at 10 games and are 7.5 games behind the #2 seed. Would need help along the way.

As it stands right now, with the current brackets (granted it's still VERY early) barring a miracle victory by Detroit we'd be playing Miami in the 2nd round. Or if Miami happens to overtake Indiana (because lets be real, it's a 2 team competition for that #1 spot) we'd play Indy in the 2nd round. It's almost impossible to avoid playing BOTH of them. At 1 and 2 they'd be en route to a collision in the conference finals. Unless as was said by some miracle we get the #1 seed and someone takes one of those teams out before we get to the conference finals. Nearly impossible. So lets just enjoy our run and our round while we have it. I know at the very least it'll be a hard fought 4 or 5 game series.

If it came down to it, I would rather face Indiana in the 2nd round than Miami. Raptors match up better with the Pacers and I think we can lock up Paul George in that series, from what I've seen in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    If it came down to it, I would rather face Indiana in the 2nd round than Miami. Raptors match up better with the Pacers and I think we can lock up Paul George in that series, from what I've seen in the regular season.
    Granger could be a huge x factor in that series though. And if we have a moron like vasquez coming off our bench, we could easily get swept.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'd rather face Indiana than Miami too but when it comes down to it, I believe they will be a much tougher team in the playoffs than they have been in the regular season. They play a tough physical in your face brand of basketball that is tough to beat in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Himan12
    Granger could be a huge x factor in that series though. And if we have a moron like vasquez coming off our bench, we could easily get swept.
    I think Vasquez is just in a slump right now, I definitely know he's better than this. Indiana's weakness has been point guard play, so I don't think we would get burned there. What I would be concerned is that they would swing Vasquez to SG to play alongside Kyle. Granger does have the feel to be a solid 6th man, however I still think that knee is bothering him, his lift isn't there yet. If he can hit 3's for the Pacers, that will be a problem for us.

I definitely don't see us getting swept, a potential series with the Pacers has us going 6-7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
    I'd rather face Indiana than Miami too but when it comes down to it, I believe they will be a much tougher team in the playoffs than they have been in the regular season. They play a tough physical in your face brand of basketball that is tough to beat in a 7 game series.
    But the Raptors play that exact same style and yes it's going to be tough to beat them in a 7 game series, but like I said I predict the Raptors pushing them the distance. Whoever can be consistent offensively (which is going to be either be DeMar or Kyle), will win the Raptors the potential series.