Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    I gave the Chris Paul/Chandler example a few pages back but I'll see if I can find another example.
    You don't need to. All I'm saying is they're not consistent with that definition. On some nights, I'm pretty sure Tyson Chandler did get credit for the rebound.

Good college starter

Tap-outs are usually counted as rebounds if they are clearly to a teammate. If it causes a loose ball the one who recovers the loose ball will get the rebound.

Lamar Odom rebounded that shot, made a layup, got fouled, missed the free throw but controlled the rebound after a back tap by Gasol. Odom was then fouled and he split the pair of free throws to put the Lakers up, 101-100.
    Source : http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl...osition/475297

Here's the play-by-play :

1:07 Odom Rebound (Off:3 Def:6)
    1:07
    [LAL 100-100] Odom Layup Shot: Made (16 PTS)
    Howard Foul:Shooting (3 PF) 1:07
    1:07 Odom Free Throw 1 of 1 missed
    1:06 Gasol Rebound (Off:4 Def:4)
    Howard Foul:Shooting (4 PF) 1:04
    1:04
    [LAL 101-100] Odom Free Throw 1 of 2 (17 PTS)

So it does happen.

The Cavs' rebounding has been one of their hallmarks in recent years, and they showed it last night. The Bucks actually grab more boards per game on average (which may have something to do with their shot selection), but the Cavs dominated the boards last night, 53-38. In addition to Ilgauskas and his 17 rebounds, Ben Wallace (10 boards) made a strong showing.

It's always fun when the Cavs' announcers receive some new point of emphasis and are told to mention it twelve jillion times during a broadcast. Within the past week, somebody in the Cavs' production machine realized that a back tap (which is one of Wallace's weapons of choice) counts as a rebound. Consequently (I figured I'd get into character), Austin Carr and Fred McLeod have pointed out several times that "a back tap counts as a rebound".
    Source : http://www.theclevelandfan.com/artic...il.php?id=3975