Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
ItsRipHamilton
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ItsRipHamilton has an OK reputation so far
Default getting faster

do anyone know any exsersize that can make u quicker and faster, and do push ups stunt your growth please help
ItsRipHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Asster
Banned

Asster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: getting faster

sprinting. And no push ups dont stunt your growth. Eat your vegetables and drink milk.
Asster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
ItsRipHamilton

ItsRipHamilton has an OK reputation so far

thanks asster and are there any more way to get faster
ItsRipHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
i cant dunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

i cant dunk has an OK reputation so far

Only lifting more then you weigh can make you stop growing. push ups would not count since your feet are on the floor.
i cant dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
elmersglue

elmersglue has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRipHamilton
do anyone know any exsersize that can make u quicker and faster, and do push ups stunt your growth please help

Well this is what I do and I went from being average speed to one of the faster ppl.. wat you do is you run as fast as you can for 10 secs rest for 20.. you do this for 4min twice a week. Pylometrics are good aswell because they make you faster and allow you to jump higher.
elmersglue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i cant dunk
Only lifting more then you weigh can make you stop growing. push ups would not count since your feet are on the floor.

No.

If you don't know what you're talking about, keep it to yourself. That statement is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRipHamilton

Age? Weight? Lifting experience?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
callygull

callygull has an OK reputation so far

This is more of a conditioning technique, but I know for sure that it will make you faster too. You will want to be outside to do this because you will probably run about 80-100 yards. You can either do this with a partner or by yourself, but by yourself, you will need a watch. Set a timer for twenty seconds and start it at the beginning of your sprint. You will want to maintain a full speed run until the timer goes off. Once you reach the end of the time slow down to a walk, then walk until you have a completely normal breathing. You will do this 5-10 times a day, and you will eventually see that it takes your body less and less time to recover from a full 20 second sprint. Although it might take a month or two, your body should develop it's method of recovery from around 1min30secs-2min to as little as 20secs. The more you do it, the faster your body will recover. This was originally a football exercise to get players back to the line completely recovered from the previous play, but I have used it for basketball, and it works great.

Good Luck,
CG
bachelor degree nursing online

Last edited by callygull : 10-11-2007 at 01:01 PM.
callygull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
orfeomorfeo-ita
I hit open layups

orfeomorfeo-ita has an OK reputation so far

there's a big problem in this question: faster on which distance?
Obviously, the training for a 30 metres dash is different from the training for a 5km crosscountry race. And all the distances in between differ gradually for the kind of training they need.

There's three kind of energy generation in your body:
anaerobic without lactacid
anaerobic with lactacid
aerobic

They are always used by your muscles, but the relative dominance of one of the three mechanism depends on the kind of work you're executing (lenght, intensity, and lenght of recover)
if your aim is to get faster in a basketball court, for ONE dash (that means I'm not taking in consideration the fact that you haver to keep playing for 40 minutes with some rest) one of many good trainings is to run on a distance a little longer than the court (say, 35, 40 metres), at the highest speed you can produce, concentrating on your running technique, for 12 times, resting with a 40 metres walk back and with 3' stop rest every 3 dashes, training no more than 3 times a week and skipping a week of training every 4
orfeomorfeo-ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #10
captobvious

captobvious has an OK reputation so far

you could just run lots that worked for me
captobvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

5 K!DD dribbles has an OK reputation so far

I'm a quick guard on the court, what works for me? jogging, drinking milk and eating right. Don't forget to exercise properly too.
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Hoopla has an OK reputation so far

If you want quickness during a basketball game, your agility is a deciding factor. Do sprints, but remember to practise changing direction at speed to maximise your potential.

__________________________________________________ ______________

11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Sprint, Sprint, Sprint.

Don't Run, Sprint!

Go as fast as you can till you start slowing down, or for like 20-30 seconds. Then stop, catch some air, and go again. Do this like 2-3 times every other day, or 3 times a week.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: