Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #31
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

would you prefer the crotch grabbing, wild dancing, and non-stop cursing displayed by the 1994 World Championships Team? you know, the team where Coleman, Kemp, Mourning, and Shaq completely ruined any type of grace or honor that is associated with the sport?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #32
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

They don't mean anything by it. They're not hurting anybody.

Maybe it's a bit offensive. I dont think so, but I can understand the people who do.

But why do people have to get on a soapbox every single damn time there is something done that has the smallest little possibility of being inappropriate.

Its like some people wont be happy until they have something to B*tch about. Not really picking on you Bourne, but there have been some people that I've seen really really ***** too much about this
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:42 AM   #33
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Y2 has a point.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:03 AM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Offensive and inappropriate or respectful and heart-fealt?

I find it offensive and inappropriate. These players do not know the hardships the soldiers they were soluting in Vegas have gone through. They must think they are being cute and everything, but it just makes me think "who the hell do you think you are?"

I'm probably going overboard on this, but I think it needs to stop. Especially now that the soldiers are not in the actual arena en masse like in Vegas. Besides, the international crowd doesn't necessarily support the war in Iraq.
Please stop whining about trivial BS.

Thank you
--The Management
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:06 AM   #35
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

My dad is from the Phil. Air Force so I know that saluting is a sign of respect...I don't even know why this topic is a big deal...
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:31 AM   #36
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I'm probably going overboard on this, but I think it needs to stop. Especially now that the soldiers are not in the actual arena en masse like in Vegas. Besides, the international crowd doesn't necessarily support the war in Iraq.

Co-sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
That being said, the salute is giving respect to the soldiers (which is cool). But it is also in an inadvertent way of giving a thumbs up to US foreign policy and military might(which can be seen as very uncool to a lot of people).

And again co-sign.

Last edited by sixty : 08-23-2006 at 05:37 AM.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #37
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

dwight howard does it the funniest lol he smiles real big when he does it

wade and bron are the kings of the salute
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #38
mkvli
I brick open layups

mkvli has an OK reputation so far

Team USA has no class. The Dream Team, was a team with superior talent, and class. You think you would see them showboating over a simple dunk? Nope.

mkvli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: