Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people
Default Re: It has been painful to watch the Laker games

When they were doing badly even with P Gasol out there, it was a problem.

I don't think doing badly with half of your big four out is that big of a deal. And Utah is a playoff team, they aren't so terrible.

OKC would lose to teams like Utah if you took out any two of the following: Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, K. Martin. Miami would lose too if you took out two of the following: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #17
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
When they were doing badly even with P Gasol out there, it was a problem.

I don't think doing badly with half of your big four out is that big of a deal. And Utah is a playoff team, they aren't so terrible.

OKC would lose to teams like Utah if you took out any two of the following: Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, K. Martin. Miami would lose too if you took out two of the following: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen.
True, but they Lakers have gotten some unexpected production from Meeks and Duhon offensively, and their problems lie in their defense. Not much will change defensively until Pau's knees are strong again and Dwight gets back to his elite defensive self. His teams are typically elite defensively no matter who's around him because of his impact.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
True, but they Lakers have gotten some unexpected production from Meeks and Duhon offensively, and their problems lie in their defense. Not much will change defensively until Pau's knees are strong again and Dwight gets back to his elite defensive self. His teams are typically elite defensively no matter who's around him because of his impact.

Starting to think that had more to do with Van Gundy than him. He should be good enough to organize and guide a defense whether he's injured or not.

There are people who call Noah a below average defender but this teams defense would not be so pathetic if it was him instead of Howard.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Whiners my d*ck dude. This team as constructed, doesnt have "time". They're 9-12 right now....21 games in the western conference. At what point is there a legitimate concern?
17 championships. Five championships since 2000 and the talent to get another one this year if they can pull things together.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe is one of the most overrated clutch players in history. The guy gets rockstar status when he lucks one in, but rarely do people remember all the misses.

Most of the games they have lost are close games and if this selfish idiot would actually play team ball instead of 1 on 5 I'm sure the outcome would be different.

Every team knows who is getting the ball, where it is going, and what is going to happen, so the element of surprise is no longer a factor when Kobe plays hero ball and tries to do it all by himself.

His selfish play is the biggest cancer on the team, not Dwight's free throws, not Gasoft, and not even the new coach.

Millsap sums it up nicely:

'They did it to themselves,'' Millsap said of the 9-12 Lakers. ''Our defense was pretty good, but they had no ball movement and that made it easier on us just to try to load up, keep them out of the paint and let them fire up some 3s.''
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #21
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
How is it painful watching Kobe put up 30+ points?

As far as I'm concerned, this season should just be a showcase for Kobe to show his ever-enduring scoring prowess.

I'm enjoying watching my boy T-Mac put up numbers even though his Qingdao Eagles are 0-7.

Doesn't matter how many points Kobe puts up; when the Lakers loses, as a fan, it's painful to see.

For those who hasn't been following closely to the Lakers games, trust me, it's heart breaking to watch the Laker games.
Let me break it down a little.
Scenario 1: One minute your team is up by 10 points, the next minute they are losing by 1.
Scenario 2: One minute your team is 1 point behind the opponent, the next minute, your team falls back to 10 points...
Scenario 3: Your team is up by 15 points at the 4th quarter, Hack-a-Howard begins and he bricks the freethrows.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #22
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #23
marvohh
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marvohh has an OK reputation so far

This team depresses me, im tired of losing to poverty teams im absolutely tired of it man...
marvohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #24
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvohh
This team depresses me, im tired of losing to poverty teams im absolutely tired of it man...
I<3NBA is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: