Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Exclamation Lakers News: Cavs Refuse To Include Dion Waiters In Possible Trade

Cavs Refuse To Include Dion Waiters In Possible Trade

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    Follow
    As Lakers push for assets in Gasol-Bynum discussions, Cavs have refused to include Dion Waiters in talks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
    Follow
    Cavs understand Gasol could simply be half-season rental. Lakers want value in return -- not just financial savings. There's a gap to close.
    Rookie Sergey Karasev was mentioned as a possible players coming back to LA in the deal, but it’s clear the Cavaliers aren’t giving up on Waiters just yet. The 22-year-old second-year player from Syracuse reportedly requested a trade out of Cleveland, but just three games out of a playoff spot, they can use his scoring.

Link 1: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ol/2013/12/31/
    Link 2: http://www.lakersnation.com/are-the-...ap/2013/12/31/

The end of Pau Gasol’s time with the Los Angeles Lakers may be drawing near. Apparently, the four-time All-Star is starting to rub people in the Lakers organization the wrong way. Gasol recently sitting out multiple games due to an upper respiratory infection has turned a lot of heads with many believing the writing is already on the wall in Los Angeles in terms of Gasol’s future with the team.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers have had discussions about a trade that would involve Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, league sources told ESPN.com.

I don't care what their reasons are for, do it the right way!!!
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 01-05-2014 at 04:28 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lakers News: The Lakers And Cavaliers Discussing A Gasol-For-Bynum Swap

I actually like the idea. Gasol is non-existent anyway. If Bynum could be motivated by Kobe again it's worth a chance. Otherwise it's trading one non-existent guy for another but the one the Lakers get saves them a ton of money.

Depending on how the deal is structured, it could save the Lakers millions in salary and luxury tax this season and nudge them under the tax threshold -- which would save them from the dreaded repeater tax next season. Rival executives are dubious that the orbital patterns of the cosmos have changed so dramatically that the Lakers would simply fold their hand and give up. "It stinks to me," one such executive said Tuesday. CBSSports.com

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers News: The Lakers And Cavaliers Discussing A Gasol-For-Bynum Swap

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I actually like the idea. Gasol is non-existent anyway. If Bynum could be motivated by Kobe again it's worth a chance. Otherwise it's trading one non-existent guy for another but the one the Lakers get saves them a ton of money.
    I love the idea...Gasol is done...atleast on the the LAL side. we need to pick up young assets in waiters + draft pick...

Waive bynum and save 20mil in lux taxes.

even with Bynum the lakers are not winning anything. just tank and get high draft pick

young assets:
    waiters
    our pick
    cavs pick

NBA sixth man of the year

I don't particular care for Bynum as a player anymore. He's basically Chris Kaman 2.0 with a bad attitude.

I do like his expiring contract and would make a deal involving Steve Nash and Bynum just so the Lakers could save 3 mill next season by not having to take on Nash's contract. I wouldn't expect Bynum to be resigned.

Gasol is still the best big the Lakers can get this summer so I don't know think it's a good idea to trade him.

NBA lottery pick

There's no way Cleveland takes on Nash's contract too. They'd have to gut their team in order to take on both of those contracts. As it stands they have to already put in other assets to make the deal because Pau makes so much more than Bynum. I would also highly doubt they give up this years draft pick. I'm fine with that. The Lakers are so depleted of picks in the upcoming years I'll take a future one. Waiters is streaky but there's still a lot of potential there and I know they want to unload him so I wouldn't mind taking him back as one of the other pieces. That just leaves LA with so many guards though, lol.

All these Gasol trade talks and now talks of bringing back BYNUM?? Damn, he is a spoiled immature brat that cares more about his cars, xbox, and making it rain in strip clubs (I doubt he even knows how to deal with the ladies) than anything else. Unbelievable..

Every time I hear about new Gasol trade rumors/talks, it makes me scream in my head "WE HAD CHRIS PAUL!" David Stern has to explain why he nixed that Gasol/Odom for CP3 deal after he retires from the NBA. Seriously, we would have been in great position right now if that trade had gone through 2yrs ago. Imagine a CP3/KB24/Howard superstar trio with Artest in there - wow, defensive juggernaut lineup last year. Howard would have stayed too thanks to CP3.

Since that trade didn't go through, Lakers now have to go into rebuild desperation mode to start all over. Gasol is not part of that most likely - Kobe has nobody to pass the torch right now. Melo is not a winning option like I used to think. Lebron is not coming to LA. No other star FAs this summer. Love is not guaranteed to come to LA next summer.

NBA lottery pick

Yup, the Chris Paul trade that ruined one LA franchise and made the other a contender (kind of)....

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    All these Gasol trade talks and now talks of bringing back BYNUM?? Damn, he is a spoiled immature brat that cares more about his cars, xbox, and making it rain in strip clubs (I doubt he even knows how to deal with the ladies) than anything else. Unbelievable..

Every time I hear about new Gasol trade rumors/talks, it makes me scream in my head "WE HAD CHRIS PAUL!" David Stern has to explain why he nixed that Gasol/Odom for CP3 deal after he retires from the NBA. Seriously, we would have been in great position right now if that trade had gone through 2yrs ago. Imagine a CP3/KB24/Howard superstar trio with Artest in there - wow, defensive juggernaut lineup last year. Howard would have stayed too thanks to CP3.

Since that trade didn't go through, Lakers now have to go into rebuild desperation mode to start all over. Gasol is not part of that most likely - Kobe has nobody to pass the torch right now. Melo is not a winning option like I used to think. Lebron is not coming to LA. No other star FAs this summer. Love is not guaranteed to come to LA next summer.
    lol we wont be trading for BYNUM THE PLAYER.....its to waive his ass off immediately, save 20+mil dollars & getting young assets/1st round picks in return

Home of the 16

Bump.

Supposedly this deal will be done today........supposedly.
    I hope Jimmy has the brains to waive Bynum, not hold onto his pet project again.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Supposedly this deal will be done today........supposedly.
    I hope Jimmy has the brains to waive Bynum, not hold onto his pet project again.
    Joe Kotoch: Bynum-Gasol update: Doesn't sound like a deal will be done tonight. Cavs likely to cut Bynum by tomorrow. Lakers holding steady w/ demand. Twitter

Default Re: Lakers News: Cavs Refuse To Include Dion Waiters In Possible Trade

I don't know why the cavs are so stubborn on this deal.

Pau Gasol has proven that at this stage in his career, he can provide good numbers, as he has done so for the lakers after figuring out that he can roll to the basket rather than pick n pop all day lol.

I think this is Dan "Hitler" Gilbert flexing, what he would think to be, his muscles. He does not want the lakers to benefit in anyway, even if it means losing a big man like Bynum for an even better big man in Gasol. He doesn't want to give up Waiters, who at this point in his young career, is a decent role player next to Irving. Just remember how he made sure a couple of seasons ago that Chris Paul would not end up a laker. What makes you guys think he'll want to help the lakers after all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Pau Gasol has proven that at this stage in his career, he can provide good numbers, as he has done so for the lakers after figuring out that he can roll to the basket rather than pick n pop all day lol.

I think this is Dan "Hitler" Gilbert flexing, what he would think to be, his muscles. He does not want the lakers to benefit in anyway, even if it means losing a big man like Bynum for an even better big man in Gasol. He doesn't want to give up Waiters, who at this point in his young career, is a decent role player next to Irving. Just remember how he made sure a couple of seasons ago that Chris Paul would not end up a laker. What makes you guys think he'll want to help the lakers after all of that?
    I agree with Dan Gilbert, we know that Pau will not re-sign with Cleveland, and the deal benefits the Lakers enough by dumping Pau's now bloated salary.
    It seems like a square deal straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

lakers are only the arrogant team in the NBA who would give somebody for a player in their last yr

we gave up bynum for Howard knowing that howard can walk away....

Franchise like Cavs cant do that...small market team plus its their 4th pick...

Pau is going to bolt them in the summer to go play with his brother anyways..or to some other contender

if the tables were turned would you give up Waiters for a 33 year old 4/5 on the last year of his deal? If I'm a piece away from a title run maybe, but would you classify the Cavs as one piece away? hell naw

Aint no one going to get fleeced by the Lakers any more. It's a sad fact of the times boys