Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How to win every argument on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Didn't read, you've lost every single argument you've ever had on here.
    This

It's almost cartoonish how often you lose. You're like the Team Rocket of ISH arguments. At the end of every debate I imagine you spiraling off into the distance and exploding

   

rambo is resilient and not afraid of putting himself out there.

in a world of evasive, manipulative, passive-aggressive people who tend to cling to the easy route, i do admire people with guts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    rambo is resilient and not afraid of putting himself out there.

in a world of evasive, manipulative, passive-aggressive people who tend to cling to the easy route, i do admire people with guts.
    He has the opposite of guts. He doesn't argue where he can lose. He uses semantics, ignores points that contradict him, changes his argument in the middle. And when a thread is really bashing on him (like now) he leaves it.

It's the absolute opposite of guts, creating a situation that you engage in only when you can win and run away if it gets hard. He's like a 5 year old playing checkers changing the rules as they go along and flipping the table when someone says no.

It's pretty simple. How to win every argument:

1. Make compelling argument that crushes the opposition
    Win argument

or

2. Make argument
    Fail at argument
    Still claim you won argument

   

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He has the opposite of guts. He doesn't argue where he can lose. He uses semantics, ignores points that contradict him, changes his argument in the middle. And when a thread is really bashing on him (like now) he leaves it.

It's the absolute opposite of guts, creating a situation that you engage in only when you can win and run away if it gets hard. He's like a 5 year old playing checkers changing the rules as they go along and flipping the table when someone says no.
    i see your point, and maybe he's so oblivious about the whole thing that it's moreso delusional self-righteousness than guts that propels his threads.

OTOH, few people have guts from beginning to end. maybe he starts these threads, goes as long as he can, and then runs out of rocket juice.

anyway, people are too complicated for me to judge in any particular way, so i prefer to separate out their behaviors and speak about those, not the person as a whole. but, yea... no question many of rambo's arguments are rubbish.

still, to have so many threads turn out like this and then keep coming back for more. isn't that at the very least rather interesting...?

But seriously, this is how you do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So you're basically admitting you don't know anything and just argue using semantics? Everyone knew that. This makes you look stupid.
    It's like he doesn't even realize he just flat out said that all he's been doing is trolling. If I were to follow his "arguments" knowledge, all I'd need is to type a bunch of crap, and then rebuttal every response by saying "Troll, go do your homework".

Herp dskplerck mash burp. Got any response to that? No? Argument = won.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RapsJays
    It's like he doesn't even realize he just flat out said that all he's been doing is trolling. If I were to follow his "arguments" knowledge, all I'd need is to type a bunch of crap, and then rebuttal every response by saying "Troll, go do your homework".

Herp dskplerck mash burp. Got any response to that? No? Argument = won.
    It is a fair expectation.

If I want to take on an argument, I will understand where the person is coming from first and foremost. If what he is arguing is beyond my comprehension, I will 1. Do the proper research or 2. STFU.

This is the problem with ISH. Too many times ISHers pull sh*t out of their a*s without even understanding what the argument is all about. That's just pathetic. How the hell are you going to argue someone when you don't even understand where they are coming in the first place?

The ideas I bring up are usually complex and will need the proper research to fully comprehend it (hence the reason why I get so many backlash from it), so it is perfectly reasonable for me to ask someone to research it first before they respond.

I mean just getting all sensitive and mad just because I challenge a viewpoint is a total cop out.

Serious playground baller CeilingFan#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Too many times ISHers pull sh*t out of their a*s without even understanding what the argument is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Because I can pull sh*t out of my a*s and make it sound like I know what I am talking about.
    Like you have any room to criticize.