Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #751
bballer
King of ISH
 
bballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,885
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Josh Selby left DeMatha. Selby is playing for Lake Clifton in Baltimore now.

DeMatha is a powerhouse though. Whoever emerges as his replacement will be a handful.
yeah we play them this year
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #752
dwight20-20
future footer
 
dwight20-20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

wow i've been gone a long time.

I've just been really busy with school. i'm still keeping up with work outs but im not getting to shoot as much as i'd like. i'll try to update more when it gets closer to first official practice.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #753
1manfastbreak
still hyphy
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: the bay
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight20-20
wow i've been gone a long time.

I've just been really busy with school. i'm still keeping up with work outs but im not getting to shoot as much as i'd like. i'll try to update more when it gets closer to first official practice.

when do you guys start practice? we've been goin since august, but its not offical until oct 16th. i can't wait.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #754
imcautious
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Kinda new to this thread! Well really new Check out this PG small but dang quick and nice mid range which is hard to find in high school
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T49tSOEfTmc
imcautious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #755
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)
 
O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,993
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Denver is big city, retard. There is more than one high school.

Kiss my a$$


on the sidenote I don't think he has said what program his plays for. for safety reasons. The weirdest thing would be one of you ISH guys popping into one of his hs games and holding up a sign saying i am from ISH.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #756
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,565
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

I would show up to watch a 6'10 kid in HS. Then after the game I'd be like, "Hey, does this towel smell like chloroform?"
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #757
iTwistAnkles
Walk Like a Man
 
iTwistAnkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 309
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I would show up to watch a 6'10 kid in HS. Then after the game I'd be like, "Hey, does this towel smell like chloroform?"

just dont get into any fights randy at the baseball games

south park humor...
iTwistAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #758
dwight20-20
future footer
 
dwight20-20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

well we had open gym today and our court is like an ice rink. its ridiculus how slippery it is. we just did some shooting drills, full court lay ups, and played a few pick up games. the games were sloppy which is expected. im really hoping that they refinish the floor or something because its impossible for us to cut and move our feet on defense.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #759
1manfastbreak
still hyphy
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: the bay
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight20-20
well we had open gym today and our court is like an ice rink. its ridiculus how slippery it is. we just did some shooting drills, full court lay ups, and played a few pick up games. the games were sloppy which is expected. im really hoping that they refinish the floor or something because its impossible for us to cut and move our feet on defense.

can't you just ask your coach to mop the floors before you guys play?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #760
dwight20-20
future footer
 
dwight20-20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

we actually swept it after practice and the amount of dirt was amazing. so it should be better next time as long as we sweep before this time. but it still wont be great.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:54 AM   #761
dmoz21
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
Default Streetball Ranks the top 10 freshman going into the

Streetball Ranks the top 10 freshman going into the 2009-2010 Division I NCAA season.

1. John Wall PG 6-4/175 Kentucky
Wall is the most difficult player to guard in the backcourt this season. Kentucky can expect this point guard to score along with distribute the ball. A supreme athele that has mastered the left hand dunk. After adding a jumper this offseason he becomes a legitimate player of the year canidate.

2. Derrick Favors PF 6-9/220 Georgia Tech
Favors is another player of the year canidate. Whether he is playing in made for TV games or inferior players in Atlanta he is a beast. Get ready ACC!

3. John Henson PF 6-10/200 North Carolina
According to Coach Roy Williams Henson has a chance to start immediately. At a slim 200 pounds do not be surprised if you see Henson in the backcourt for the Tarheels this season. Experts are touting Henson as the best ever recruit EVER for Roy Williams as head coach.

4. Lance Stephenson SF 6-5/210 Cincinnati
Stephenson a streetball favortie for years. He is going to make an immediate impact for Cincinnati. However, with an NBA ready body and point guard vision, Lance is one and done as a lottery pick in the 2010 NBA draft.

5. Renardo Sidney PF 6-9/270 Mississippi State
Sidney was a going to be an LA superstar at USC, but NCAA violations has him slotted to reak havoc in the SEC. He can go inside and has a nice touch from outside. He is a true face up four man.

6. Xavier Henry SF 6-9/210 Memphis
Henry is an elite scoring threat and his size puts him in the NBA in a year or two. However, he lacks the athletic ability to break streetball's top 5.

7. DeMarcus Cousins C/PF Kentucky
Cousins could end up as the freshman's class best prospect with his tremoundous mix of inside moves and outside range.

8. Abdul Gaddy PG 6-3/165 Washington
The Washington Huskies may have the best backcourt in the country thanks to the addition of Gaddy. At 17 he is the youngest player in this class, however, his poise, patience and confidence will make him an instant success.

9. Avery Bradley 6-3/170 Texas
Bradley comes in as the best defensive player in this class. He has the best mid-range game seen from a two guard since Chris Jackson and his athleticism make him an impact player.

10. Tyler Honeycutt SF 6-8/190 UCLA
Mark our words this kid is gong to be a star. He is the 6-8 version of Toby Bailey. He flies under the radar by most scouts. We compare his game to Tayshaun Prince and we all know what he did for Kentucky. UCLA could be back in the Final Four this year.

Get more at http://www.streetball.com
dmoz 21
dmoz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #762
1manfastbreak
still hyphy
 
1manfastbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: the bay
Posts: 3,811
Default Re: Streetball Ranks the top 10 freshman going into the

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoz21
Streetball Ranks the top 10 freshman going into the 2009-2010 Division I NCAA season.

1. John Wall PG 6-4/175 Kentucky
Wall is the most difficult player to guard in the backcourt this season. Kentucky can expect this point guard to score along with distribute the ball. A supreme athele that has mastered the left hand dunk. After adding a jumper this offseason he becomes a legitimate player of the year canidate.

2. Derrick Favors PF 6-9/220 Georgia Tech
Favors is another player of the year canidate. Whether he is playing in made for TV games or inferior players in Atlanta he is a beast. Get ready ACC!

3. John Henson PF 6-10/200 North Carolina
According to Coach Roy Williams Henson has a chance to start immediately. At a slim 200 pounds do not be surprised if you see Henson in the backcourt for the Tarheels this season. Experts are touting Henson as the best ever recruit EVER for Roy Williams as head coach.

4. Lance Stephenson SF 6-5/210 Cincinnati
Stephenson a streetball favortie for years. He is going to make an immediate impact for Cincinnati. However, with an NBA ready body and point guard vision, Lance is one and done as a lottery pick in the 2010 NBA draft.

5. Renardo Sidney PF 6-9/270 Mississippi State
Sidney was a going to be an LA superstar at USC, but NCAA violations has him slotted to reak havoc in the SEC. He can go inside and has a nice touch from outside. He is a true face up four man.

6. Xavier Henry SF 6-9/210 Memphis
Henry is an elite scoring threat and his size puts him in the NBA in a year or two. However, he lacks the athletic ability to break streetball's top 5.

7. DeMarcus Cousins C/PF Kentucky
Cousins could end up as the freshman's class best prospect with his tremoundous mix of inside moves and outside range.

8. Abdul Gaddy PG 6-3/165 Washington
The Washington Huskies may have the best backcourt in the country thanks to the addition of Gaddy. At 17 he is the youngest player in this class, however, his poise, patience and confidence will make him an instant success.

9. Avery Bradley 6-3/170 Texas
Bradley comes in as the best defensive player in this class. He has the best mid-range game seen from a two guard since Chris Jackson and his athleticism make him an impact player.

10. Tyler Honeycutt SF 6-8/190 UCLA
Mark our words this kid is gong to be a star. He is the 6-8 version of Toby Bailey. He flies under the radar by most scouts. We compare his game to Tayshaun Prince and we all know what he did for Kentucky. UCLA could be back in the Final Four this year.

Get more at http://www.streetball.com
dmoz 21

Renardo Sidney is going to kill at Mississippi St. kill.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #763
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish
 
Fallguy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bangin' in your boombox
Posts: 3,991
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Just checking in, I finished up surgery on my knee and im about 4 months down the road and halfway through rehab. Should have at least a good 8 months before next year to get back into form but for right now im just glad to be doing stuff. I hate the knee brace but im more then willing at this point.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #764
Big Bang Theory
Life In Marvelous Time
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 600
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Tryouts officially start on Tuesday. Then we have practices 5 days a week. We have almost NO bench, a couple of our guys quit and/or are having grade problems and won't be playing this year. We have a talented starting lineup, but damn, our bench is weak.
Big Bang Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #765
MannyO
Super Cool E
 
MannyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 853
Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Hey my school is going to be playing 3 games on TV. I think that is the first in our school history.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy