Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default Re: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony to Knicks!

I just briefly looked at the new Knicks roster that someone posted a few pages back and do you guys think you're going to contend this season? That's not meant to be a rude question, I'm genuinely interested. Where do you think that roster takes you? You'll make the playoffs assuming Melo and Amare can play well together, but you have a really bad bench, and no center. You need another off-season to build around Melo and Amare before you can be serious contenders.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

They'll finish 45-37 or 46-36.

17-11 or 18-10 through their final 28 IMO.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I would give them 45-37.

The bench is pretty much the same 3 that D'antoni gonna use....

Shawne
    TD
    Walker

We need a center for sure though.

I expect them to be competitive in the post season, but the team isn't near complete, so I don't expect to go past the first round, no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I just briefly looked at the new Knicks roster that someone posted a few pages back and do you guys think you're going to contend this season? That's not meant to be a rude question, I'm genuinely interested. Where do you think that roster takes you? You'll make the playoffs assuming Melo and Amare can play well together, but you have a really bad bench, and no center. You need another off-season to build around Melo and Amare before you can be serious contenders.
    Nope, not at all. Work in progress, no way we contend.

BTW, the worst agument i think (most delusional) is the Knicks should have skipped Camerlo and waited for a "more compatible superstar". So now when stars are available, we pass of them for better stars.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

The Knicks are getting Kelenna Azubuike back really soon, so the bench will be improved.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    The Knicks are getting Kelenna Azubuike back really soon, so the bench will be improved.
    Do u know exactly when? Is he practicing?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Nope, not at all. Work in progress, no way we contend.

BTW, the worst agument i think (most delusional) is the Knicks should have skipped Camerlo and waited for a "more compatible superstar". So now when stars are available, we pass of them for better stars.
    There's no question in my mind we are worse right now than before the trade. We lost 4 key parts of our rotation and got 2 back. But this trade wasn't made about this year, it's more for long term chance at championships.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    That all seems quite obvious.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Did Hollinger really just give the Knicks a D+?
    Yes, because he's right. New york got hook, lined, and sinkered.

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    Again, the Knicks plan is to form a Big 3. In order to do this all those guys they traded would have to be gone by the end of next season anyway.

Its irrelevent when they get rid of them because they wouldnt be taken any multi year deals back.
    Ah it's irrelevant because they would have gotten rid of them anyway.

THAT's why it took months to make a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    There's no question in my mind we are worse right now than before the trade. We lost 4 key parts of our rotation and got 2 back. But this trade wasn't made about this year, it's more for long term chance at championships.
    Yes, which is the goal. Winning titles. Not seeing young players develop. Not maximizing this years run. Winning the title. Which IMO is much more likely building around Amare/Melo. ALthough i don't discount this year, if Melo/Billups gel with Amare, this is a better team than before.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

Yes, which is the goal. Winning titles. Not seeing young players develop. Not maximizing this years run. Winning the title. Which IMO is much more likely building around Amare/Melo. ALthough i don't discount this year, if Melo/Billups gel with Amare, this is a better team than before.
    until they fire D'Antoni and hire a well rounded coach, they will never win a title.

But its also not necessary to throw away every single possible conceivable asset you have to get that one player. Unless your Dolanisiah