Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 06-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Horry retiring?

Horry retiring?
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO — San Antonio Spurs forward Robert Horry said Saturday he's considering stepping away from the game after winning seven NBA championships in a 16-season career.

"Right now I'm up in the air," Horry said. "That's all I can really tell you, up in the air. I want to play, 80 percent of me wants to play and I'm sure as soon as I get in the gym and see people bouncing the ball it would turn into 100 percent. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

The defending champion Spurs lost in the Western Conference finals to the Lakers in five games.

Horry, known as "Big Shot Rob" for a résumé filled with clutch baskets on the biggest stages, turns 38 in August.

During the playoffs, Horry passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the most playoff appearances in NBA history. Horry finished this season with 244 playoff game appearances; Abdul-Jabbar had 237. Horry has been in the playoffs in every one of his NBA seasons.

"I think that if I stick around I'm still better than a lot of players," Horry said. "I might not be as fast as a lot of them or as quick. But I'm smarter than probably about 98 percent of the league."

Horry won two titles each with Houston and San Antonio and three with the Los Angeles Lakers. He's one of only eight players in league history with seven or more rings.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...banotes01.html
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: Horry retiring?

Quote:
Notes

• Spurs star Manu Ginobili expects his injured ankle to be healed for the Olympics, allowing him to play for defending champion Argentina.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...banotes01.html
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Great career. Not shown by the numbers but the Spurs owes a lot to this man.

Congrats on a great career Horry. Enjoy those 7 rings.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #4
Jose_TheGenius
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stay away from the gym! go out on a somewhat high note of 7 championships. if he resigns, i have a feeling Pop would play him out of respect and we don't need Horry taking bad shots and passing up good ones in the playoffs again.
Jose_TheGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius
stay away from the gym! go out on a somewhat high note of 7 championships. if he resigns, i have a feeling Pop would play him out of respect and we don't need Horry taking bad shots and passing up good ones in the playoffs again.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I feel that Horry took much of Thomas' minutes because Pop played him in order to break the all time playoff game record. But you can even tell his game is declining. Last year in the playoffs he played well and this year he did some things well but not to potential. He's had a good career and he needs to be happy with the 7 rings he has.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Horry needs to just go away already...
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

Horry, Barry, and Finley all need to just retire. Oberto could do us a favor as well.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: