Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Default Re: Looper is getting amazing reviews

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Piper Perabo was hot, but wow those tits are tiny.

As for the ending: SPOILERS DON'T REAF FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN: Its not just that Cid's life is spared so he isn't bad in the future. Its that in the last scene he finally makes a connection with Sara (as his TK fury is being unleashed). He finally accepts her emotionally as his mother and that is powerful enough to change his future. Time travel is so complicated, but the ending was rather simple. A lot of people also thinking Cid is Joe because of the hair things at the end, not true IMO just a symbolic image. and also the mob boss (Abe) from the future was the same person as the other guy...who keeps failing but catches Bruce towards the end.
    Meh I can accept that ending but its still iffy and a bit too 'simple' of an ending for a movie that wanted to be smart. Cid accepting his her as his mom in one traumatic incident is to convenient and ignores many variables, he could feel different the very next day, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Meh I can accept that ending but its still iffy and a bit too 'simple' of an ending for a movie that wanted to be smart. Cid accepting his her as his mom in one traumatic incident is to convenient and ignores many variables, he could feel different the very next day, just my opinion.
    We don't know that he still grows up to be the rainmaker, but we don't know that he doesn't either. That's one of the cool things, joes sacrifice didnt make him good, it just gave him the opportunity to be good.

Just saw it. Seemed to be leading up to something great, but ended up just good.

SPOILER ALERT........actually why is anyone reading this thread if haven't seen movie.........hey, it's your own fault.....

I also thought the ending was weak and that they had another major twist or clever resolution coming. We didn't get that.

So JGL decides to kill himself to save some kid he barely knows who may or may not grow up to be some evil reckoning machine? Huh? Why? I don't know.....fell into typical movie logic......so the kid has a "breakthrough" JUST at that moment. Convenient. And how does JGL even know killing himself will work?

Good concept........crafted really well.......but that last 1/3 of the movie wasn't thought out that well.......
    Last edited by bagelred; 09-30-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Btw while everyone knows joe killed himself for the kid, the other thing is by killing himself he saved the girl that became his future wife. She never meets him and is therefore never killed by the mob

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Btw while everyone knows joe killed himself for the kid, the other thing is by killing himself he saved the girl that became his future wife. She never meets him and is therefore never killed by the mob
    Also, he saves the kid's mom. One aspect I liked about this movie is that he never meets the asian wife who saves him, but instead he finds his own soul mate (at least the way I view it) in the mother, and she is his own savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Also, he saves the kid's mom. One aspect I liked about this movie is that he never meets the asian wife who saves him, but instead he finds his own soul mate (at least the way I view it) in the mother, and she is his own savior.
    Yeah, I agree that's why Bruce had to slap himself and remind him of the Chinese woman when joe met the mom. What I was saying though was that I think joe was intentionally saving the woman he hadn't met. He knew he was saving the mom and the girl and maybe the kid based on his circle comment.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Here is your prequel D-Rose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJu5VX972M
    Wow

NBA rookie of the year

Anyone got a stream?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    This.

Along with the fact that young Joes situation parallels old Joes. He got taken up by that woman in the farm, she took care of him and helped him get over his drug withdrawal and they connected in a way that may have been deep. We just didnt see the full extent of the relationship.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YGS
    This.

Along with the fact that young Joes situation parallels old Joes. He got taken up by that woman in the farm, she took care of him and helped him get over his drug withdrawal and they connected in a way that may have been deep. We just didnt see the full extent of the relationship.
    Yeah, we didn't. IYKWIM.

Anybody else laugh when the mom was about to *********e but wanted the real thing and called up Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Yeah, we didn't. IYKWIM.

Anybody else laugh when the mom was about to *********e but wanted the real thing and called up Joe?

that was one of the most authentic parts of the movie

The end of the movie left the theater I was watching in silent. No one said a word and then the credits just started rolling. Really good movie.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why didn't Joe just shoot off his hand? And, more glaringly, if Old Joe realizes things at the same moment of Young Joe, wouldn't he have realized the impact of killing Sara and not done so?

Loved the film, good to see original content actually being made.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Why didn't Joe just shoot off his hand? And, more glaringly, if Old Joe realizes things at the same moment of Young Joe, wouldn't he have realized the impact of killing Sara and not done so?

Loved the film, good to see original content actually being made.
    Old Joe doesn't absorb things till after they have happened, not necessarily in real time. Throughout the film we saw relative delays. Also, he was blinded by bias.. Driven by a future that he was sure young naive Joe could never understand. Emotion and impulsiveness drove much of the momentary motivations.. Each Joe having gotten caught up in his own idea of what was just.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Why didn't Joe just shoot off his hand?
    Good thinking. Blow off the hand that old Joe was using for his gun, then run up and shoot old Joe.