Default Do you think the Spurs made a mistake going away from their motion offense?

They are still historically great on defense, but the offense has regressed. They call multiple post ups over and over for Kawhi and Lamarcus Aldridge and the ball movement has noticeable declined. I think this hurt players like Danny Green the most. At the beginning of the season, the bench would play the motion offense and had great success, but they dont even do it much anymore.

Default Re: Do you think the Spurs made a mistake going away from their motion offense?

We simply can't run the motion offense with the pieces we have now...which is part of the reason why I wasn't on-board for getting LaMarcus.

It sucks that he positions himself in such terrible places, almost all the time. There is no space for Danny when LMA is on the floor which is part of the reason for his struggles. And without Danny Green firing from 3 we are quite simple an outdated offense.

Default Re: Do you think the Spurs made a mistake going away from their motion offense?

their motion offense peaked at the right place at the right time in the 2014 finals.

They can't sustain that kind of play so they have to move away from it

their good guards are getting too old for that so they moved away to something that maximizes their skills : size and passing, while maintaining good ball movement. Right now they are playing better than last year, so both empirically and analitically it was a good choice.

Serious playground baller

I'm not worried about motion offense. I'm not worried about danny green. I'm not woorried about LMA, I'm not worried about Pop coaching the allstars. I'm not worried about the Spurs. I have trust in Golden State to get another championship.

Spurs' young players (Kawhi, Green, LMA, Mills, Simmons) don't have good passing skills so they have to move away from the beautiful passing. Just gotta go with the skills of your personnel. Manu, TD and eventually Diaw are phasing out.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    We simply can't run the motion offense with the pieces we have now...which is part of the reason why I wasn't on-board for getting LaMarcus.

It sucks that he positions himself in such terrible places, almost all the time. There is no space for Danny when LMA is on the floor which is part of the reason for his struggles. And without Danny Green firing from 3 we are quite simple an outdated offense.
    Yea, im not a fan of this version of the Spurs offense.

Banned

The Spurs lost 2 games this entire month. I don't think this is the end of the Spurs. In 2014 they lost to almost every contender in the regular season. And in 2015 they beat every contender. These two regular season games aren't really that important in the big picture of the season.

But they will need everyone healthy and at their best come the playoffs

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Everyone was saying they were better than the Warriors like a week ago. They're still the same team everyone was acknowledging as historically great. People just don't realize how important Duncan is. Dude is the backbone of that team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Everyone was saying they were better than the Warriors like a week ago. They're still the same team everyone was acknowledging as historically great. People just don't realize how important Duncan is. Dude is the backbone of that team.

ISH is the only place where the one regular season game decides the entire fate of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Those people were delusional. But I'm talking about their offensive decline which has been apparent for a while.