Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Black women don't wear real hair. Ashamed of natural naps

y dey doo dat?

Default Re: Black women don't wear real hair. Ashamed of natural naps

I don't know, but it may have a lot to do with straight hair being seen as more pretty, so they perm and press to get it that way, or in other cases wear a wig. It really does suck because there are few women more pretty than a black woman when she embraces all her natural black qualities. Unfortunately a good majority of black women ruin their natural beauty by trying to adopt more white qualities through unnatural processes.

It has to do with how others see them as. In the business world, it's apparently doesn't look professional for a black woman to have her natural hair out. As our hair is naturally kinky, thick, ect. So they would perm it or relax it so it's more smooth and free flowing.

Long ago around the Renaissance period up until the early 60s' black (women and men) would process their hair. We had to do that to survive, to get a job, to work, they didn't do it cause they liked it. When the Civil Rights movement really started to kick in in the late 50's, things started to change. We stopped putting the crap in our hair to look like "white people hair." Once James Brown "Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud)" and the Black Panther Movement hit, those processes and conks left and the afro and natural look was born.

I don't think they are ashamed. Black girl's hair is a pain in the ass to take care of. Easier to get a weave.

Constructed values of prettiness and beauty in a white Anglo-Saxon dominated society with extreme racist background dictate that anything that resembles blackness or does not conform with the white perception of beauty should be repressed and eradicated.

There is absolutely zero truth in the OP.

OP is just a racist moron trying to call out an entire ethnic background based on his prejudices.

Sure, some women might wear weaves because their hair is too short, but for the most part, it's simply because the natural hair of an African-American can be difficult to manage, so why the fuck not wear a wig? Also, it's apparent that a person of color can't get a job in this damn country (or at least a good job) without fitting into White culture, so just think about that.

All the talk about it being about perception is not true at all.

If you ever had a fro you would know how annoying it is.
    I would take straight hair any day of the week.
    And put yourself in a girls shoe.
    It has nothing to do with perception. Its just what it is.

Who wants to carry this around?

If you ask a girl who has never since a girl with straight hair before.
    And you asked her to pick to wear her hair like that.
    Or how it like this

You think they would rather have they hair all over the place? than have it smooth together and shiny? come on now.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    All the talk about it being about perception is not true at all.

If you ever had a fro you would know how annoying it is.
    I would take straight hair any day of the week.
    And put yourself in a girls shoe.
    It has nothing to do with perception. Its just what it is.

Who wants to carry this around?

If you ask a girl who has never since a girl with straight hair before.
    And you asked her to pick to wear her hair like that.
    Or how it like this

You think they would rather have they hair all over the place? than have it smooth together and shiny? come on now.
    Just because you have natural hair does not mean it has to be all over the place. Natural hair at long lengths can be hard to maintain but at medium or short lengths, it is actually easier to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    It has to do with how others see them as. In the business world, it's apparently doesn't look professional for a black woman to have her natural hair out. As our hair is naturally kinky, thick, ect. So they would perm it or relax it so it's more smooth and free flowing.

Long ago around the Renaissance period up until the early 60s' black (women and men) would process their hair. We had to do that to survive, to get a job, to work, they didn't do it cause they liked it. When the Civil Rights movement really started to kick in in the late 50's, things started to change. We stopped putting the crap in our hair to look like "white people hair." Once James Brown "Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud)" and the Black Panther Movement hit, those processes and conks left and the afro and natural look was born.

Wait. You're black?

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    I don't know, but it may have a lot to do with straight hair being seen as more pretty, so they perm and press to get it that way, or in other cases wear a wig. It really does suck because there are few women more pretty than a black woman when she embraces all her natural black qualities. Unfortunately a good majority of black women ruin their natural beauty by trying to adopt more white qualities through unnatural processes.
    This. I always tell my girlfriend that her hair looks better natural but she straightens it most of the time anyway.

A lot of women, not just black, tend to gravitate towards the 'white' standard of beauty. It's about perception, not convenience. Same way a lot of Asian women will get the surgery done to make their eyes more round.

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    This. I always tell my girlfriend that her hair looks better natural but she straightens it most of the time anyway.

A lot of women, not just black, tend to gravitate towards the 'white' standard of beauty. It's about perception, not convenience. Same way a lot of Asian women will get the surgery done to make their eyes more round.
    Prove it.
    I guess there is no ugly and good looking people? everyone is equal right?

Bullshit.

Thats total non-sense and I'm not arguing convenience either. I'm arguing that straight hair is Better look wise than natural hair.

To argue otherwise then why do you wear nice clothes? why not wear rags outside?

Why do you cut and and style your hair? why do you shave (beard, chest,legs, w/e)? why not go all natural?

It is what it is. To argue otherwise is hypocrisy.

Fact is, what you put on your body, whether its your hair or clothes or shoe affects how you look universally and i don't care whether you are black, asian, white, marshian, hispanic, latin, african, european, or a fcking greece monkey.
    Last edited by Bladers; 05-29-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

You know not of what you speak son.

NBA Superstar

way too many people here blame white people too much for everything. its just sad

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Prove it.
    I guess there is no ugly and good looking people? everyone is equal right?

Bullshit.

Thats total non-sense and I'm not arguing convenience either. I'm arguing that straight hair is Better look wise than natural hair.

To argue otherwise then why do you wear nice clothes? why not wear rags outside?

Why do you cut and and style your hair? why do you shave (beard, chest,legs, w/e)? why not go all natural?

It is what it is. To argue otherwise is hypocrisy.

Fact is, what you put on your body, whether its your hair or clothes or shoe affects how you look universally and i don't care whether you are black, asian, white, marshian, hispanic, latin, african, european, or a fcking greece monkey.
    Arguing for straight or natural hair misses the point. When one is outrageously more popular than the other, the obvious point is social conditioning. When in short and medium lengths, natural hair is easier to maintain. We as human beings do not do everything by the book of practicality. Many do things for style's sake. The style of straight hair is a worldwide phenomena. Many Asians are born with wavy to slightly wavy hair, but many tend to straighten to where it's perfectly straight. While there is nothing inherently evil or "wrong" if people want to fall in line, the very fact people are falling in line towards a homogenized style is either total coincidence or some part social conditioning.