Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Ummmmmm...that made me hungry. I'm going to Inn and Out.

In N Out

Feel bad for everyone who hasn't had a chance to try it, easily has the best burgers for a chain.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: The Shaq deal: Some reasons why

the problem i have with this deal is that yes shaq said all the right things about deferring to d-wade. but now he is gonna play what 3rd or 4th fiddle to his teammates. i just hope nash doesnt start sucking up to shaq. dont force feed him the ball in the paint. i just see shaq getting lazy if they dont get him the ball. the only positive i see out of this is that diaw gets more minutes. hopefully he can give about the same numbers that marion did.

Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar

A question for Miami fans: since you guys have been struggling so much this season, has Shaq just been going through the motions? Is that part of the reason for his statistical decline, or is it entirely due to a decrease in his physical abilities and injury problems? I honestly don't know, as I haven't seen hardly any Heat games this year. If so, I think the trade could rejuvenate him to some degree. Granted, he's not going to suddenly become prime Shaq again, but 17 and 8 isn't completely out of the question.

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

if he gets healthy, he'll be posting 15-10 in the playoffs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Ummmmmm...that made me hungry. I'm going to Inn and Out.

Man I wish we had that here. I went to Cali once and I swear that place has the world's best cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    8 points, 14 boards, 2.5 blocks
    You really think Shaq is capable of pulling down 14 boards per game? Though he may get a couple more due to an increase in pace, I think that's a highly inacurate prediction. He'll be lucky to eclipse 10.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    20 points 10 rebounds 3 blocks
    This prediction also seems overly optimistic. I've always been a big Shaq fan, but it's time to face the facts; his days as a 20/10 player are over.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Default Suns officially get Shaq, Heat get Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...haqlatest.html

Shaquille O'Neal delivered a title to the Miami Heat and he hopes to do the same for the Phoenix Suns .

O'Neal spoke with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire on Tuesday.

"I will not let you down," O'Neal told Nash on the phone.

According to the report in the Arizona Republic, O'Neal is down to 312 pounds and is expected to easily pass his physical

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by and1
    if he gets healthy, he'll be posting 15-10 in the playoffs
    Yeah big if. Thats about right with 3 assists and 1.5 blocks.

He's presence and D will be far more valuable come playoff time than his numbers. Moving Amare to the 4 and commanding a double team is what will make the difference.

Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

too late!

Seriously though the only way I see this working is if they instill a defensive game plan and play a slow paced half court offense.

Unlikely.

Intelligent fan

Already posted in the mega Shaq thread.

'And by the way, all that racism crap I spouted when you won your MVP, forget about it. I never said it. In fact, I said the opposite. kazaam.'

NBA Superstar

I've never been a big fan of Shaq's persona, but I'd love to see him go out on top including a WCF win over the Lakers. I've always liked Kobe more, but he has some years to win another title. I want to see him go beserk on Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

too late!

Seriously though the only way I see this working is if they instill a defensive game plan and play a slow paced half court offense.

Unlikely.
    Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
    I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way. What is it with NBA fans thinking that you have to get 5 running in order to complete a fast break?

All you need is two players to three players to get a good fast break going and everything else should be fine.

You know what though....

You can't just count out a motivated Shaq.
    I know he's 36 etc. but Shaq proved me wrong winning a title in Miami.

He could do it again.