Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Default "NO MEANS NO" Kobe Freethrow Chant

OK, so the staples center chanted "DUI" while Melo was taking his free throws, what makes them think that they have a right to do such a thing when Kobe Bryant was accused of RAPE and then was forced into a settlement because of it? I heard about it a few days ago at school and just now read it again on ISH as well as on Nuggets Talk and Nuggets Hoops, so it looks like everybody at the Pepsi Center is going to be chanting

"NO MEANS NO" while Kobe is taking his free throws, lets remind those arrogant L.A. bastards what a real crime is.
    Last edited by Geandily; 04-24-2008 at 04:20 AM.

Banned

Default Re: "NO MEANS NO" Kobe Freethrow Chant

wow somebody is angry.

I rule the local playground

why
    Last edited by CaptainOwlClub; 04-24-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: board mods must think kobe isnt a rape-ist

Well not to sound like a Carmelo hater and a Kobe n uthugger. But Bryant didn't rape anyone, where as Carmelo was found DUI.

Not airballing my layups anymore Cerebral Jedi's Avatar

No means no ring(still) for AI. Again courtesy of Kobe.

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Really 2 different situations Kobe was ACCUSED not convicted of rape and taken to criminal trial. Which once the accuser found out that a criminal trial is only to sentence Kobe to Jail time she dropped the criminal suit and switched it to a civil suit were she could sue for $$$ seems kind of fishy. Not saying she’s a liar because the only ones who know the truth to that story are Kobe and the accuser.

(And before you call me some Kobe fan boy or whatever you people like to call Laker fans know this I was against Kobe’s summer tirade didn’t care if we traded him and have been a Laker fan since he was in grade school)

As for Melo and don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Melo (I actually love his play even if he can be a bonehead off the court) but he FAILED a field sobriety test and was taken to the station for a blood test which all but convicts him of DUI unless somehow that test comes back negative. But when the police go as far to hall you in for a blood test because you failed the field test things don’t look good for him. As for the Laker fans at the Staples center my wife and I were talking about that last night when I realized they were chanting DUI and we both agreed that it was classless on the part of Laker fans but hey there are good and bad fans in all fan base’s sometimes you just have to deal with it and be the bigger person or in this case the bigger fan base, although I do remember quite a bit of chants and fans holding up inappropriate signs in Denver’s crowd shortly after the Kobe Denver trial not that it’s an excuse for the way Laker fans acted, personally I wish they would have been above all that last night.

In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

I think it is unnecessary to do that to Kobe because he'll make his free throw shots no matter what you do to him in the stands. As a Nuggets fan, yeah it would be nice to have payback to those low class Lakers fans, but as a Basketball fan you can't help but be amazed by his ballin' abilities and nobody can take that from him.

Saw a basketball once

i think we should just keep quiet. if we lose after chanting like that, its more humiliating. besides "no means no"? i don't know about you guys but that just sounds lame.

Banned

Bump. A teacher at my school told us this story today, so I looked it up as I hadn't heard of it before. When did this happen?