Default Kevin Love appreciation thread

Awesome guy.
    I know he gets alot of shit, but I really like how this guy is playing. He's doing his best.

Some stats from the 2015-2016 season

36% from the 3pt line. Hmh, not bad at all, but not elite.
    82% FT, for a 4? Thank you very much I'll take it.
    9.9 Rebounds per game, when you share the floor with two awesome rebounders like bron and TT, that's quite alot. Lebron outrebounded Haslem and Bosh in his Miami days, and Tristan is the best offensive rebounder in the league.

In the posteason he shot almost 42% from 3pt range!
    That's some spacing.

Also until the GSW series which is just a bad matchup for the guy, he really beasted. Fact of the matter, Kyrie + Lebron + Love just works. These three never lost a playoff series together.

This is not some Agenda thread about how Love is good so Lebron had more help.

I just think this guy deserves more respect. Being a 3rd wheel as a big guy is very hard in this league. Just ask Ibaka and bosh. I hope one day he'll come back to Minny (Hopefully when we contending in 4-5 years) to chase a ring with us. Maybe as a quality bench piece.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Love appreciation thread

People forget he has pulled down the most rebounds in a season before and holds the record for the most consecutive double doubles. He was an amazing player in Minnesota.

Great college starter

Love is still an elite player, just his role has changed. If it wasn't ideal for him to be hanging out around the perimeter due to Bron-ball, I have no doubt he'd be pulling in similar rebound totals to his MIN days. The guy has a knack for the ball

When you're winning playing a certain way, why change it? If he does go to a different team that features him more often in natural roles for him, people will see that he's easily still an all-star talent

Big fan of his game and was on pace for a Hall of Fame career. May still be able to do that, especially if he improves defensively

This is not some Agenda thread about how Love is good so Lebron had more help.

The fact you even have to say shit like that when discussing hoops is bad. Shows how simple hoop fans are that players are apparently being downgraded due to having good teammates

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Love is still an elite player, just his role has changed. If it wasn't ideal for him to be hanging out around the perimeter due to Bron-ball, I have no doubt he'd be pulling in similar rebound totals to his MIN days. The guy has a knack for the ball

When you're winning playing a certain way, why change it? If he does go to a different team that features him more often in natural roles for him, people will see that he's easily still an all-star talent

Big fan of his game and was on pace for a Hall of Fame career. May still be able to do that, especially if he improves defensively
    I agree.
    Tremendous player.
    I just think he should be appreciated more by box-score fans, who don't see his effort and spacing. And the fact that the cavs are simply better with him on the floor against 90% of the teams.

And about the Agenda thing. Yeah, I know, it's sad. But have you looked at the forum lately?
    If your teammate was an Allstar you drop 5 spots on the All time ranking according to ISH.