Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    So these were the (arguably obviously) two best players in college basketball this year.

Rankings are stupid.
    Agreed

Their HS Sr. rankings are irrelevant. They're not freshmen.

anyone watching Michigan v Wisconsin? Pretty good game right now, really competitive/physical without all the chippy stuff, just two teams bustin their asses great to watch

upset alert

nope, 9-0 run they right back in it, wow trey burke is a stud

game over, michigan loses another close one. burkes the only one who gets the ball down the stretch. for someone thats gonna be a lottery pick, he doesnt come up with these huge clutch buckets.

plus their big men are scrubs. will be out in the 2nd round, if not 1st.

glenn robinsons kid is a scrub, so is al horfords bro. tim hardaways aint bad, but he has pulled many disappearing acts.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    game over, michigan loses another close one. burkes the only one who gets the ball down the stretch. for someone thats gonna be a lottery pick, he doesnt come up with these huge clutch buckets.

plus their big men are scrubs. will be out in the 2nd round, if not 1st.

glenn robinsons kid is a scrub, so is al horfords bro. tim hardaways aint bad, but he has pulled many disappearing acts.
    clutch enough? im an MSU fan but I'll be the first to say he was the only reason why the lead isn't double what it is, he went on a personal 8-0 run to bring them back in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    clutch enough? im an MSU fan but I'll be the first to say he was the only reason why the lead isn't double what it is, he went on a personal 8-0 run to bring them back in the game
    yeah against MSU... also on defense too that game

but all their close losses. he choked a FT on a 1 and 1 last week against indiana with like 30 seconds left, he missed a go ahead shot against OSU earlier. he got outplayed by craft. basically all their close losses, he hasn't played well especially at the end of the game. this game he helped bring them back, but in general he got outplayed by the jackson kid.

im a fan of his cuz hes on michigan, and hes the only reason michigan is highly rated, but he has not come up huge in the clutch. i expect more out of him, hes a stud guard. he should take over every time its under a minute left.

Damn, CJ Fair is a bum. He's got a lot of talent but he still has a lot to learn.

Gotta give Georgetown credit for the way they play at the end of games. They've been consistently good at maintaining poise in late game situations.

edit - damn, CJ Fair just posterized Otto Porter.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 03-15-2013 at 09:16 PM.

And down goes Duke. Huh.

I think I just jinxed Georgetown by calling them poised in end of game scenarios lol. Markel Starks being out really hurt them tho.

Porter turns the ball over in crunch time.

Good to see UNC bounceback and get a pretty impressive win over Florida State. I know FSU isn't anything special, but it's always tough to beat the same team three times in a season. Anyway, it was just a real sound 20 point beating.

Oh, and suck it Tim Brando.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-15-2013 at 11:53 PM.

We can't play in this damn tournament without someone getting injury.

Henson, Marshall, Phelps, Ford... I mean, my god. Get rid of it altogether.

I'm serious too. You get rid of the tournament and it puts more importance in the regular season, less of a chance for these freak injuries (4 games in 4 days can do that), it's a shell of what it used to be in the earlier 90's and before that... Add two more games to the conference schedule and let's go. Now that the NCAA Tournament takes so many teams, how often does a non bubble+ team actually win their tournament and make any noise in the NCAAs?

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    We can't play in this damn tournament without someone getting injury.

Henson, Marshall, Phelps, Ford... I mean, my god. Get rid of it altogether.

I'm serious too. You get rid of the tournament and it puts more importance in the regular season, less of a chance for these freak injuries (4 games in 4 days can do that), it's a shell of what it used to be in the earlier 90's and before that... Add two more games to the conference schedule and let's go. Now that the NCAA Tournament takes so many teams, how often does a non bubble+ team actually win their tournament and make any noise in the NCAAs?
    And Hairston's injury was such a freakish injury. An FSU swipes at the ball, catches PJ on the webbing between two fingers, and the blood starts gushing. Ultimately it won't be as impactful as Marshall and Henson's injuries last year, because it's his non-shooting hand. He'll get stitches, may not play tomorrow, and will be good to go by next week for the NCAA tournament. And on top of that he had just come out of the game a few minutes earlier with a stinger in his shoulder.