Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    I am dealing with a moron. Wish I could say I was surprised.
    what's wrong here? the games not broken, you're just bad you can't deal with the difficulty so you're caling it "broken"
    you're like one of those kids who can't do something, then say "yeah it sucks anyway"
    no need to be calling ppl morons
    Last edited by gtfomyface; 05-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfomyface
    what's wrong here? the games not broken, you're just bad you can't deal with the difficulty so you're caling it "broken"
    you're like one of those kids who can't do something, then say "yeah it sucks anyway"
    no need to be calling ppl morons
    It's like he's not even reading my posts.

Banned

Being able to use sliders in My Player and mods makes the game a lot more enjoyable, but it's still broken in a lot of aspects because of bad programming.

Like there are no sliders to stop defenders from being able to backpeddle or shuffle their feet faster than you sprint, or to prevent players much slower than you from catching up to you on the fast break, or to get rid of the constant bumping and pushing that goes on when trying to navigate around the court on offense. Hell there are no sliders that tell my player to make a bounce pass to my teammate instead of a chest pass right to the defender.

Besides, I shouldn't even have to go in and fix all of this stuff. Even basic shit like rosters, shoes and accessories, ratings, etc. 2K should have that shit down-pat. It's like they don't even watch games and are inventing their own brand of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Being able to use sliders in My Player and mods makes the game a lot more enjoyable, but it's still broken in a lot of aspects because of bad programming.

Like there are no sliders to stop defenders from being able to backpeddle or shuffle their feet faster than you sprint, or to prevent players much slower than you from catching up to you on the fast break, or to get rid of the constant bumping and pushing that goes on when trying to navigate around the court on offense. Hell there are no sliders that tell my player to make a bounce pass to my teammate instead of a chest pass right to the defender.

Besides, I shouldn't even have to go in and fix all of this stuff. Even basic shit like rosters, shoes and accessories, ratings, etc. 2K should have that shit down-pat. It's like they don't even watch games and are inventing their own brand of basketball.
    /argument

It's a SIMULATION it sill NEVER be perfect.

With that said it is a pretty good game. There will always be glitches......and whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Tell that to FIFA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

With that said it is a pretty good game. There will always be glitches......and whiners.
    Calm down tough guy. I never said the game is meant to be perfect or that I think it's a bad game. I'm just saying the game can be frustrating because of bad programming. And before you hit me with the "You just suck" shit, I don't get frustrated because I lose. Most of the time I blow the CPU out on HOF. It's not (mostly) about winning and losing with me. It's how things are played out.

It's supposed to emulate principles in real basketball but lots of things that go on in this game completely contradict that principle...mostly out of the idea of trying to make the game challenging. Or maybe they don't know how to properly insert certain mechanics into the game. Idk. Whatever the case, they still have a ways to go.

Co-sign. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Tell that to FIFA.
    FIFA is far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Calm down tough guy. I never said the game is meant to be perfect or that I think it's a bad game. I'm just saying the game can be frustrating because of bad programming. And before you hit me with the "You just suck" shit, I don't get frustrated because I lose. Most of the time I blow the CPU out on HOF. It's not (mostly) about winning and losing with me. It's how things are played out.

It's supposed to emulate principles in real basketball but lots of things that go on in this game completely contradict that principle...mostly out of the idea of trying to make the game challenging. Or maybe they don't know how to properly insert certain mechanics into the game. Idk. Whatever the case, they still have a ways to go.
    1. I never said anything "tough." So miss me with the "calm down" crap.
    2. It's just a game. You stay whining about it. If you don't like it then don't play it. To me it's fine....just like every year it has it's flaws and redeemable qualities.
    3. A lot of your complaints are "nit-picky" and **** imo. Just play it and have fun or leave it alone.

I just dropped 107 points in my 70th game of my rookie season in my player mode. Pro difficulty, 12 min qts. How is scoring 107 pts your rookie year realistic? Should I increase the difficulty?

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    I just dropped 107 points in my 70th game of my rookie season in my player mode. Pro difficulty, 12 min qts. How is scoring 107 pts your rookie year realistic? Should I increase the difficulty?
    difficulty doesn't really change how much you score that much, the opponent just scores more, i scored 130 in my rookie season, but when you ballhog like that your team goes to shit , right now making my whole team allstars, im getting 50-60 assists a game and making everyone average 25ppg

33 PTS
    15 AST
    1 REB
    2 STL
    1 BLK
    0 TO
    13-23 FG
    6-9 3PT

My best game ever

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    How is spamming the call for the ball button realistic? You didnt score 107 within the game. You didnt run the set plays called for the team. Do that on Hall of Fame and get back to me your final points.

I scored over 100 before and I did it the cheesy way. I once hit 30's in a game before. By spamming the give me the f*cking ball button. Both done on Pro.

Banned

Had my first 50 point game with my PG a couple of weeks ago against the Clippers. It's probably the most realistic 50 point game I've ever had in My Player in any 2K game. I went 17-25 from the field, 2-2 from downtown, and 17-21 from the line,which is weird considering it's on HOF. All of them were legit fouls too. No intentional fouls. I finished with 53/3/6 and 5 steals.