Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #16
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki is mentally tough, and clutch

yeah, he stepped up finally in the last two minutes of the game, but where the hell was he the whole second half?
He got the ball, passed it right away.
Even jump faked and threw the ball to DIOP

dude is soft. You don't just show up for the final minutes, he was needed during that time the GS made their run in the 4th. Yet he was like mr. invisible.
go check the game thread. right before that 2 minutes, he was probably the most useless junk
everyone called him out for that disappearing act.
everyone knows dirk is a puss.
this final 2 minutes doesnt change my mind.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #17
geeWiz15
Banned

wow, Dirk is amazing again. imagine that.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 AM   #18
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
wow, Dirk is amazing again. imagine that.

Nah seriously he isn't. Dirk had a good game and I'm happy for him and all but until he shows that he will consistently abuse the smaller Warriors in the post and/or his J's continue dropping over these shorter defenders then my assessment remains the same even if they were to come around to win the series.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #19
miles berg
MFFL

You know you are truly great when you are averaging 22 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.0 bpg, 1.6 spg, and just scored 12 pts in the last 3 minutes of an elimination game while making the game changing blocked shot and people are still disappointed in your play.

He hasn't been fantastic, and he has performed under what we are used to seeing (career 26/11 playoff performer), but the Mavs are still playing tomorrow night and he, along with Devin Harris, Josh Howard, and Sagana Swat, all had a lot to do with it.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #20
telephone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
yeah, he stepped up finally in the last two minutes of the game, but where the hell was he the whole second half?
He got the ball, passed it right away.

dude is soft. You don't just show up for the final minutes, he was needed during that time the GS made their run in the 4th. Yet he was like mr. invisible.
go check the game thread. right before that 2 minutes, he was probably the most useless junk
everyone called him out for that disappearing act.
everyone knows dirk is a puss.
this final 2 minutes doesnt change my mind.

I am pretty Diop scored on that play too...
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #21
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

But his defense sux most of the time. I call him Mr. Matador cause
he gets out of the way most of the time. His poor D cost Dallas
in last year's finals, especially those close games.

Dallas is obviously the best team, but Howard is their best all-round
player.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #22
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
I'm so sick of all this bullsh!t about Dirk being weak, and a ***** just because he's white and a bigman who plays on the perimeter.

He came through huge in the 4th with Dallas facing elimination, had a monster block on Barnes, scored a dozen points, had those back-to-back 3s along with all the clutch FT shooting.

He finished with 30 & 12, drawing foul after foul on the Warriors while playing solid team defense. Not many players can do that.

Dirk is not soft. He had that 3-point play last year to force overtime in game 7 against San Antonio.
Dallas might lose this series, primarily because they are not that disciplined and Golden State thrives on disorganized play, but Nowitzki is still a top 5 player and has delivered more clutch performances than KG or T-mac could dream of.

and this all came to you from a Suns fan. I'm just sick of people constantly bashing a top 5 player in the league, and one of its better winners.

Oh yes he is tough because he threw up two three's then went in and now he is TOUGH. Get the hell out of here

Also he needs to stop sticking his tongue out when he makes shots because he makes himself look like a retard
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #23
TheHonestTruth
Banned

Dirk is tough and clutch. He was robbed last year.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #24
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
So instead of making a contested shot he passed to the open guy.. yes something to laugh at...

Congratulations for being dumb.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #25
SRZ66
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
i agree he gets alot of unwarranted hate. i look at that dallas roster and still cant believe they won 67 games. either dirk is MVP, or avery is the greatest coach of all time.
thats funny, i look at the dallas roster and see the most stacked team in the league.
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #26
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
thats funny, i look at the dallas roster and see the most stacked team in the league.

i think nash, tim, and sheed have better supporting casts. what about the bulls? they may be young but they got loads of talent.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

yeah he played the level of bball expected of him all series for a total of 3 minutes. Im not sold and well see. IF they win the next two on Dirk's Coattails then I will rightfully gime him props. Until then, its a series, not a 3 minute exhibition.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #28
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Agreed. Honestly, most of the hate comes from Lakers fans. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. My theory: they're bitter that Kobe isn't MVP. They can't ***** about Nash's MVPs when he's dismantling their defense, but they can diss Dirk and his potential MVP when he's down 3-2 to a #8 seed.

Yeah, the Laker fan hate is hysterical to watch. I agree that Dirk hasn't played up to standards, but I think it's hilarious that Laker fans pile on Dirk for disappearing, but when Kobe goes 1-3 for 3 points in the 4th quarter of game 4, or 1-10 in the 4th quarter of game 1, or 5-13 for 15 points in game 2, all of a sudden they're silent, and it's all about the excuses (never mind the fact that Dirk saw just as many doubles and occasionally soft triples as Kobe did, and isn't nearly as mobile).

Funny stuff. No one talks about Kobe "disappearing" despite similarly poor halves/games.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
I tend to agree. You could make a case for a stronger starting 5, but not the whole bench.

All season long Mavs fans get all whiny when you tell them that Damp is a waste (there was even a large thread about how he was a top 5 center in the league), JHO is solid but not spectacular (SHoulda been an allstar ), etc. etc.

But when it comes to praising dirk's value, it goes from man we have a great team to "our supporting cast is so weak".

Give me a break, that game was close because of stack, harris, diop, etc. Sure dirk was clutch int he last 3 minutes, but it is insulting to the other payers on this very skilled team to make it sound like it could be the bobcats out there with him.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick

Oh come on now. He played well for 3 minutes, and in fact he got lucky that:

a) both his 3 pointers went in
b) GS totally collapsed
c) the lead was only 9 and not 12

He easily could have lost the game yesterday. Yes, he played fantastic in those last 3 minutes. Props. Good job. But he wasn't good before that. 3 minutes alone don't make me forget the other 237. Two big shots are not enough. See game 4. He had 2 great shots, still lost.

Let him have two 35/15 games and 2 more wins. Then talk about him having saved face.

Yes, I am a Laker fan. No, I don't hate Dirk at all. In fact I have high standards for him, because I respect him. Thus far, he was sub-par. Regardless of his two big shots yesterday.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: