Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 AM   #31
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,045
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

I find it absolutely laughable that you needed to look up the word before you could even reply to me. Sad, in a way.

Allow me:
fa·ce·tious /fəˈsiʃəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fuh-see-shuhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

With that said, you bring up a valid point that I overlooked, and that is that you could have misinterpreted my use of "facetious," which you did. There's a reason that's the #1 definition on a site called dictionary.com, and had you ever used this word before in your life, you would know what context it's commonly used in. There's a reason the word probably has a hundred synonyms. Inferring what is meant by context is an important skill - I recommend learning it. Unfortunately, you have never seen the word before in your life, but want to act like you know something about it. Mind-bending.

Quote:
the rational side of my brain is starting to wonder if you are bisexual or gay or just a complete flaming homosexual...

40 year old virgin maybe?
Just flat-out a weak attempt.

Quote:
You know, there's a specific forum for this. People discuss basketball here, you should try it sometimes.
I appreciate the enlightenment, but I already covered this base in the original post.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-03-2007 at 03:39 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #32
gts
shhhhhhh
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downtown Hoops Dojo
Posts: 29,434
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
With that said, you bring up a valid point that I overlooked, and that is that you could have misinterpreted my use of "facetious," which you did. There's a reason that's the #1 definition on a site called dictionary.com, and had you ever used this word before in your life, you would know what context it's commonly used in. There's a reason the word probably has a hundred synonyms. Inferring what is meant by context is an important skill - I recommend learning it. Unfortunately, you have never seen the word before in your life, but want to act like you know something about it. Mind-bending.
wow that was feeble... i'm done with you now, i find your banter distasteful and lacking in anything relevent other than to prop up your ego... ciao
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 AM   #33
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,045
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
wow that was feeble...
Hardly. It completely refuted your point, and you know it. Although I will say that this discussion about how you've never heard the word "facetious" before and still try and act like you know how it's used and what it means is extremely petty.

Quote:
i'm done with you now, i find your banter distasteful and lacking in anything relevent other than to prop up your ego... ciao
This is somewhat funny and sad, because it's painfully obvious you are now using words you'd never use on this forum regularly. As for this being "relevent" - I'm struggling to find how this thread was ever pertinent to you in the first place.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-03-2007 at 03:50 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #34
LakersDynasty
Good college starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,355
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Mods, can we move this thread to the OT? Thanks.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #35
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,045
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

In a forum where MLB, chinstrap shaving techniques, Xbox 360's, and dead actors are discussed, nothing is off topic. Ironically, I am usually the deuchebag who is right in there telling people to post this kind of nonsense in the off topic forum. And there's no question that this is mainly irrelevant and nonsensical.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-03-2007 at 03:54 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #36
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

there is no way that vast vocabulary of yours has ever formulated the correct words to talk a woman into sleeping with you...

is that how you talk when you are watching the game with your boys?

"that colloquial basketball dunk by mr. Bryant was quite facitious in the fact that he rotated a full 360 degree in the vasinity of mr. Nash wouldn't you say my homeboy?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 AM   #37
LakersDynasty
Good college starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,355
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
there is no way that vast vocabulary of yours has ever formulated the correct words to talk a woman into sleeping with you...

is that how you talk when you are watching the game with your boys?

"that colloquial basketball dunk by mr. Bryant was quite facitious in the fact that he rotated a full 360 degree in the vasinity of mr. Nash wouldn't you say my homeboy?"
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 AM   #38
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,045
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
there is no way that vast vocabulary of yours has ever formulated the correct words to talk a woman into sleeping with you...
Zing!

Just wondering, though - if you didn't want to waste time reading my initial post, and you weren't referred to as a person I dislike, why is it that you insist on these childish insults? I mean, I know I'm an *******, but the odd thing is that I haven't been especially unfriendly to you.

Quote:
"that colloquial basketball dunk by mr. Bryant was quite facitious in the fact that he rotated a full 360 degree in the vasinity of mr. Nash wouldn't you say my homeboy?"
Of course not. With that said, all of the words used in this thead are part of my everyday diction. There is no problem with being articulate. I'm also not sure why you'd pick my ability to communicate effectively as something to try and make fun of. I've got plenty of other faults other than my level of speech that I'm sure would be much more interesting for you to try and expose.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-03-2007 at 04:01 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 AM   #39
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I applaud your honesty.

Konex isn't that bad though.

The other two are moronic
says the 26 year old who spams and floods the messageboard and just reads boxscores.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 AM   #40
poorlilrich
woop woop
 
poorlilrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,934
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

^^^^

If you are black you could probably run for president.

" What an articulate negro; he's got my vote"
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 AM   #41
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Just wondering, though - if you didn't want to waste time reading my initial post, and you weren't referred to as a person I dislike, why is it that you insist on these childish insults? I mean, I know I'm an *******, but the odd thing is that I haven't been especially unfriendly to you.
.

I went back and read it the second some idiot agreed with you

why is it that I insist on these childish insults?

you just wrote a whole fu-ckin novel insulting people!...ask yourself that question

I know you haven't been especially unfriendly to me...but I am sure that if you ever get around to writing a Part 2 I will be the first person mentioned...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #42
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

cut my wrists? yea right, get real you idiot.

Im not serious 90% of the time, im a very sarcastic person who tries to get a rise outta people sometimes.

I have never given up hope 4 the mavs, hence the "mavs in 7 over warriors"

Last edited by Howard5Dirk41 : 05-03-2007 at 04:13 AM.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 AM   #43
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,622
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I have never given up hope 4 the mavs, hence the "mavs in 7 over warriors"


Oh really. You're a joke kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I am just totally disgusted, thats all. No way this team can come back man, no way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
THIS SERIES IS FINISHED!!!! I have already torn up my other 14 playoff tickets, because this team is D-O-N-E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Why? Because this is the most worthless ****ing team in the history of the NBA. They are about to complete the 2 worst chokes in basketball history, maybe sports history.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #44
Howard5Dirk41
Banned
 
Howard5Dirk41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: aka Nowitzki41MFFL
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Oh really. You're a joke kid.


learn to read kid, i said i am joking 90% of the time, jokes on you
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 AM   #45
Darsh
National High School Star
 
Darsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boguts Hood
Posts: 1,978
Default Re: Types of people I hate, part I.

lol.. so when can we be expecting part 2?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy