Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #16
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Baron Davis becoming Hall of Famer, Dirk not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Seriously, people here are making me sick.
Baron is a career underachiever who can't stay healthy, he's just got one good series, stop overrating him, please

I think that is what dirk is to
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #17
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I kind of brought the flaming on myself. I think it's annoying when a player does one good things, or is playing good, and that's all people talk about. However I'm not even a Warriors fan, I'm from Portland. I'm just actually really impressed by what the Warriors are doing. The NBA is exciting to watch. Seems like the only thing most people even talk about is their own teams future and how many points Kobe scored in his last game.
Sure Baron is playing well right now, but to say he is Hall of Fame material is absurd.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Was that intended for me?
OK, I read it back; it isn't clear. I'm agreeing with you.

Unless you seriously think I concur that winning one playoff series makes you HOF-worthy.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial

Unless you seriously think I concur that winning one playoff series makes you HOF-worthy.
No, I just wasn't clear who you intended the post for. It seemed as though you where against the thread starter's idea but for some reason you quoted me. No worries.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial

I brought up Patrick Ewing because the Knicks never really did anything special he is in. Now if Baron does win a championship, on top of this amazing upset, does that get him in the Hall of Fame.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #21
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
No, that is stupid. I'm saying if he leads the Warriors to a championship. Just to clear that up. If there was anytime he could do it, it is now. Ewing and Barkley are getting into the HOF, they didn't win anything. Oh, and by the way I do think Dirk is the MVP..This series proved how important he is, Dirk doesn't show up, Mavs lose...He holds a lot of value for that team.

What that doesnt make any sense if he didnt show up thats his fault MVPs show up in the clutch and when their team needs them the most not shot 2-13 for the game 6 where everything is on the line.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #22
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
What that doesnt make any sense if he didnt show up thats his fault MVPs show up in the clutch and when their team needs them the most not shot 2-13 for the game 6 where everything is on the line.

Yeah, it's his fault, and the Warriors locked him up and did a good job denying him the ball. Still though. When Dirk hit those 3's, they won. When he was out of his element, they lost. I'm basically saying, Suns can win with out Steve Nash, Mavericks can't win with out Dirk.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #23
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
I brought up Patrick Ewing because the Knicks never really did anything special he is in. Now if Baron does win a championship, on top of this amazing upset, does that get him in the Hall of Fame.
They got to the Finals, isn't that enough?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #24
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

This is unreal

I bet you didn't think the same 2 weeks ago.

Fluck off.

Dirk is a hall of famer. Baron isn't. Dirk is a top 10 player. Baron isn't.

Dirk >>>> Baron.

My God, how fickle some people are..
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #25
P-Forty21

baron has not had only 1 good playoff series. i remember he had back to back triple doubles with new orleans in the playoffs once!
Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #26
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

If Baron does this in the playoffs for 3 rounds per playoff for the next 3 years, then yes, hall of famer.

Anything less? No shot. He has not done much in the regular season, to say the least.

It is very likely that Dirk will be in the HOF
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #27
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

Dirk deserves about 90% of what people are saying about him but where in the hell do you get by saying that BD is in the hall of fame?

Dirk, even after this series, has a resume that WITHOUT A DOUBT is better than Barons. Injuries may have derailed Baron's game, but maybe if he took better care of himself he wouldn't be missing half a season every year. And I don't think you know what it takes to get in the hall of fame. Ewing and Barkley are HOFers because they played at extremely high levels for years and years, multiple All-NBA teams, all stars every year, and playoff success (not necessarily winning it all, but making the playoffs year in/year out). What has Baron done? People jump the gun so much it ridiculous. Have some common sense before you make claims like this.

Dirk had been one of the top playoff performers in the league up until the Heat series and this series. Sure, he didn't bring it and that tarnishes his legacy a bit, but you'll be hard pressed to find people that even make it to the finals and post stats like his career playoff averages. I'm not defending his inability to shine in the last two series, but you can't discount history because of it.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #28
Fudge
Banned

The fact that he has only 8,000+ career points will not get him in the HOF. Injuries completely f*cked his career up.
Dirk is very likely
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Banned

if Baron continued to average 25/6/6, continued to make an immeasurable intangible impact on every game, and won a title, would he be a HOFer?

keep in mind for this to happen they would have to go through probably the hardest road to a title ever. first of all they had to win 9 of 10 to sneak into the playoffs and had they lost one more game, they'd be out. so all 9 of those wins were essentially playoff wins with the season on the line and they played great teams like Jazz and Rockets along the way. then, they're matched up first round against a 67 win team. after that it's either Jazz or Rockets, and after that Suns or Spurs, and after that probably Pistons. all as an 8 seed that starts 4 guards and a small forward, with 2 of their best players being complete no-shows.

if they won a title like that, how could you deny Baron? I realize you guys seem to think longevity and what you do over the span of many years is supposed to be what makes you a HOFer. but I'd take one great year over 20 pretty good ones. I'd take one title over 20 playoff appearances.

I realize it's a major hypotehtical but if Baron kept up what he's donig for the rest of the playoffs and won a title even if he retired the day after I think you'd have to have him in the HOF because what he's done will never, ever be forgotten. this is the kind of **** that happens in movies... not real life. I'd be more impressed with a Warriors title this year than all 3 of Kobe's combined.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #30
The_Masterplan
Banned

This is obviously bitterness and hate and "HAHAH YOU SUCK MAVS FANS" thread. Show some maturity.

You probably had this whole thread typed up in microsoft word and when the time finally came you copied and pasted it and made a thread.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: