Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Beal

Good college starter

Default Brad Beal

Everybody saying that Brad Beal is going to be the next Ray Allen. I watched him and to me he plays like a taller Eric Gordon.

That have him listed at 6'3. Beal said he has grown 2 inches so he is around 6'4-6'5.

I really would like to see him go to the Cvas and team up with Kyrie Irving.

Default Re: Brad Beal

his height does concern me, and i'd like to see what his pre-draft measurements are.

if cleveland gets a top three pick i dont think we should take him.
    as a cavs fan, i'm pro harrison barnes. i just think he will mesh good with irving and we need a SF. he could end up the next marvin williams or he could end up the next great small forward.

i think andre drummond is another deandre jordan so i don't like him.

either barnes or beal is good with me though.

I dont see Ray Allen when I watch Brad Beal. Starting to hate that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont see Ray Allen when I watch Brad Beal. Starting to hate that comparison.
    Anybody that makes that comparison has never watched him play.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I agree with the OP. I don't see Ray Allen much. And I've thought Eric Gordon going back to his HS days. Gordon is a little shorter than ideal too. Both have physical bodies though. Both are plus catch and shoot guys. I actually think Beal has a little more in terms of ball skills, meaning ball handling and passing and just general court vision.

It's one of the reasons I agree that he's not the ideal fit in Cleveland because you're going to lose some of his assets with an on ball PG next to him like that. A more pure lane filler and catch and shoot guy like Barnes to me is a better fit, especially because he brings so much more size, even though I actually think in a vaccum Beal may be a slightly better player.

I like the comparison to Eric Gordon better than Ray Allen too. Beal seems to have a little more length than Gordon which I think helps negate the inch or two he is missing from protoypical SG size.

Good college starter

This article says he's grown to 6'4-6'5

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bradley-Beal-5759/

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

HMMM mitch ritchmond??? better defender though.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I like the comparison to Eric Gordon better than Ray Allen too. Beal seems to have a little more length than Gordon which I think helps negate the inch or two he is missing from protoypical SG size.
    I doubt Beal has more length. Gordon is 6'2 and has a 6'9 wingspan.

Yup. Beal even if he grew an inch has a smaller wingspan at 6'7. Eric Gordon is stronger, more athletic AND lengthier. Basically I highly doubt Beal is similar to Eric Gordon. Gordon is a pretty damn good defender.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Eric Gordon is not stronger, Brad Beal can rebound like a boss look at his scouting videos

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Eric Gordon is not stronger, Brad Beal can rebound like a boss look at his scouting videos
    Eric Gordon has 15 reps on the bench which is PF/C numbers. I've seen him outmuscle Ron Artest many times in a game. Not to .mention he weighs 220 plus (more tha Beal) despite being shorter. Beal will be lucky to put up 7 reps of 200 pounds at the combine

Rebounding has nothing to do with strength in Gordon's case. He simply never crashes the boards.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-01-2012 at 11:59 PM.

It's too bad basketball is all about core and legs. You probably don't play thats why you think reps matter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Eric Gordon has 15 reps on the bench which is PF/C numbers. I've seen him outmuscle Ron Artest many times in a game. Not to .mention he weighs 220 plus (more tha Beal) despite being shorter. Beal will be lucky to put up 7 reps of 200 pounds at the combine

Rebounding has nothing to do with strength in Gordon's case. He simply never crashes the boards.
    I bet you every 80% of power forwards/centers can outbench Kevin Love, but he is still stronger because he has a strong core and knows how to use it. Same with Beal compared to Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I bet you every 80% of power forwards/centers can outbench Kevin Love, but he is still stronger because he has a strong core and knows how to use it. Same with Beal compared to Eric Gordon
    I understand core and Eric Gordon is built like a tank. Have you seen him slash to the rim and finish with contact over bigs his entire career? There is a reason some have compared him to Wade. Trust me when I say Beal is NOT stronger and in no way PERIOD is he a better prospect outside of rebounding.

Shorter wingspan, slower, weaker, less athletic, worse scorer, worse defender. Eric Gordon is 6'2 220+ pounds with a 6'9 wingspan, 40 inch vertical and superb sprint and agility times. Not to mention before the drama off the court at Indiana Eric Gordon was the number 2 prospect in the nation after Rose for a period of time. Only reason he fell was because people got too caught up on his height.

Beal is getting overrated from what I can tell.