Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Default Re: I think I have a cavity and I don't have dental insurance, I'm I fuked?

dentists/doctors over charge for everything they do. i mean i'd be a bit worried about a mexican dentist too but i wouldn't be surprised if you got a decent job for less than 1/3 of the price of the same work in America. there are a lot of young dentists with probably less experience than a mexican dentist who are probably performing work all over America. i mean go to a reputable mexican dentist, if such a thing exists.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
ElPigto
*****istrator

Default Re: I think I have a cavity and I don't have dental insurance, I'm I fuked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
dentists/doctors over charge for everything they do. i mean i'd be a bit worried about a mexican dentist too but i wouldn't be surprised if you got a decent job for less than 1/3 of the price of the same work in America. there are a lot of young dentists with probably less experience than a mexican dentist who are probably performing work all over America. i mean go to a reputable mexican dentist, if such a thing exists.

They exist pendejo. You act as if America is the only country in the world where you can get care. I know several people that go take care of medical, dental and eye stuff in Mexico and have never had any issues, the only difference is that they pay much less there.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #33
ihoopallday
King James

Just get the tooth extracted. It's quick and cheap. It's not even that hard to keep your teeth clean. Hopefully you learn your lesson and have better oral hygiene.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Just get the tooth extracted. It's quick and cheap. It's not even that hard to keep your teeth clean. Hopefully you learn your lesson and have better oral hygiene.
Dude I brush my teeth everyday. I bet it's those damn gums I chew. I chew between 6-10 pieces of gum everyday
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
sundizz
National High School Star

Yeah, you could come visit me here in Korea. First rate dental practices in English. Cavity is $100. Root canal about $650 here in Korea. Go to Thailand and it's about $150 for a root canal. Medical tourism...the way to go.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
jbot
Future D1 Dad

look for a free clinic in your area. we have one here in my hometown and i think people get dental care completely free. buying your own insurance (not thru a job i mean) would be really expensive.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #37
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umad101
Dude I brush my teeth everyday. I bet it's those damn gums I chew. I chew between 6-10 pieces of gum everyday

Thats definitely it.... you're literally keeping sugar with constant contact to your teeth all day long.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #38
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
I'm not even going to bother coming up with some witty sarcastic response.

What the fuck did you think chewing 6-10 pieces of gum a day would do?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #39
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #40
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
I'm not even going to bother coming up with some witty sarcastic response.

What the fuck did you think chewing 6-10 pieces of gum a day would do?
Bro where I work there a gum ball machine. When I'm done with chewing one of the gums I just flip the top open and get as many as I want, shits addicting
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
bluechox2
#knickstape

47%
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
Bro where I work there a gum ball machine. When I'm done with chewing one of the gums I just flip the top open and get as many as I want, shits addicting
Will-power my friend. Will-power.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #43
Hittin_Shots
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
"Fillings" are charged by the number of surfaces. The more surfaces of the tooth that they involve the more expensive they are.

How do you feel about flouride rufus?
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

You do realize there are good doctors all over the world, right?

My uncle needed a triple bypass surgery a few years ago, he did his research and found a good surgeon in a reputable hospital in Mexico City, got it done for a fraction of what it would cost in the US and today he is leading a healthy normal life.

I think a good Mexican dentist can handle a root canal.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #45
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

damn, filling popped out and don't have dental!! There is like a hole on the side of my molar! Dentist peeps, how much is this gonna cost!!

Can I put this off for a couple of weeks?
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: