Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron "Clutchness": Let's take a walk down the memory lane

Lebron is clutch. Didn't read, 1 starred, can't neg you yet.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Hoiids's Avatar

You pointed out 8 plays in a 10 year career. Way to go!

College superstar

Bladers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoiids
    You pointed out 8 plays in a 10 year career. Way to go!
    Plays? In the 2011 finals there were more than 8 plays in a game alone.
    We're talking about the 2011 final SERIES, the 2010 Celtics SERIES, times where he passed up the last shot. You guys know more about lebron than me, should know what they are. Hell, if we tried to get footage of everytime he choked, I don't think a documentary could cover it

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kblaze, it's been very obvious that your stance is pro-Lebron for a long time now.
    I expect no more accuracy on that from you than I do from cheerleaders like Pauk. You are all exactly the same...just on different sides.

Taking over late in games and making big shots for last 6 years? Hell no. Last season maybe.
    You do know that other people have also seen the NBA right? That he was seen making multiple game winners in his first playoff series? Dropping 30 in a row on the Pistons...making the walkoff 3 vs the Magic....game winners vs the Bobcats, Warriors, blazers, and so on? I watched him knock down the 3 to force OT vs the Bulls when he was on the cavs. The big big plays in the ECF last year. That string of clearout drives to the basket vs the Magic in game 4 or 5 that series he put up like 40ppg. You saying it didnt happen does not change reality.

This year nobody matched him? Wade 42 points on 17/25 FG with 10 rebounds?
    When worthy has a big game...it doesnt mean he matched Magic Johnson in the playoffs.

Why do Lebron fans underrate Wade and Bosh just to prop up Lebron? You talked about it as if he brought the Cavs to the championship. This is the Heat with Wade, top 2 SG and only 1 year removed from prime, Prime Bosh who led his own franchise for 7 seasons avging 20/10, and a top defensive player in Battier.
    If you give me prime shaq and I drill a hole in his knee so he plays on a level below that...you dont get to say I had prime shaq. You are as good as you play not as good as your name. Wade was not Wade in the playoffs. And what Chris Bosh did while not missing half the playoffs and producing like Horace Grant does nothing to help 2012. Again....other people saw this happen.

Clutchness may be overrated, but we're not discuss that. That could be another good discussion in another topic. Here? We're simply discussing whether we can conclude that Lebron is clutch or not.
    What you conclude is not what "we" conclude. You are not normal. Your opinions are not normal. And history wont care what you think. He won it all. He played big in doing it. End of story.

The rest is...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Bladers?
    Maybe kaiiu? Bladers is a Kobe/Lakers fan, ripthekik is not.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    So it appears that Lebron fans are now calling him Clutch. Is it true? It seems people are quite forgetful sometimes.. let's take a look back in history:

Part 1: Passing up last shots. He has been doing this throughout his Cleveland days. I'm sure everyone remembers the news.. every time Lebron would pass up the final shot.. allowing his teammate to force up a bad shot.

Lebron James Passes Up Last Shot vs Utah Jazz (HD):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997NpDUaDcM

Lebron James Passes Up Key Shot at 2012 All Star Game (HD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89XqDgD-M_E

Udonis Haslem misses last shot in 4th Quarter vs Boston in Game 4 (2012 East Finals)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=j56m4-gf7_M

Part 2: Quiting

LeBron James 2010 ECS Game 5: 15/6/7 vs. Boston Celtics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdqy27KsqYk

Part 3: 2011 Finals

2011 NBA Finals Remix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4

LeBron James 8-point game in NBA Finals 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8K...eature=related

Others:
    LeBron James turns in the biggest choke job of the 2012 NBA season (vs LA Clippers)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QpiZTRDys

Wade Hits Game Winner In OT After Lebron Chokes Again
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPPB_aWiy8
    Lebron misses with 20 secs left, Wade comes up to get the ball, tells everyone including Lebron to GTFO of his way, and proceeded to hit the gamewinner.

There's tons more videos, news articles, but I'm sure this is enough for us to all remember who Lebron really is as a player.

Feel free to add yours thoughts, or add more videos.
    Since you included that Clippers game, which was about Lebron in the last 5 minutes of a close game, I guess that is what you are defining as clutch.

So, here is 2012's stats for last 5 minutes (with the score within 3 points either way). Lebron was:

- 5th in scoring rate (with the 3rd highest FG percentage amongst the top 10 in scoring rate)
    - Top 20 in assist rate
    - Number 1 in rebound rate for his position (and Top 20 overall)

...he was easily the most impressive in that regard in the whole league. Kyrie's scoring is higher, but his assist rate is half of Lebron's, and he had more turnovers than assists.

real talk...

he was ok up until he did that Boston $#!t in 10' ..and then the Finals vs the Mavs??

That's what put him in the "Choke Artist" firld.

anyone denying that shouldn't even be listened to.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    real talk...

he was ok up until he did that Boston $#!t in 10' ..and then the Finals vs the Mavs??

That's what put him in the "Choke Artist" firld.

anyone denying that shouldn't even be listened to.
    Boston series has nothing to do with clutchness. Those two critical games he was extremely passive from the first minute of the game till the last minute. The same could be also said for the Dallas series to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Boston series has nothing to do with clutchness. Those two critical games he was extremely passive from the first minute of the game till the last minute. The same could be also said for the Dallas series to a degree.

- has everything to do with clutchness...

- critical games ( clutch moments) and you aren't interested or shy away from the moment....

- so let me get this straight....important Playoff game/series and the superstar/best player doesn't shoot the ball for the whole game/series....or even try to create

you gonna say " well at least you can't say he wasn't clutch or he was clutch...he wasn't either....he just was there"

no everyone would say " why did he play like that .....most important games and he was disintrested"

that my friend is the definition of not bieng clutch.

So it appears that Lebron fans are now calling him Clutch. Is it true? It seems people are quite forgetful sometimes.. let's take a look back in history:

Part 1: Passing up last shots. He has been doing this throughout his Cleveland days. I'm sure everyone remembers the news.. every time Lebron would pass up the final shot.. allowing his teammate to force up a bad shot.
    I've watched/been to more Cavs games for the 7 years Bron was on that team than almost anyone on this site. Suffice to say, when the entire defense knows your taking the last shot, a kick out to Marshall, Gibson, Damon Jones was not uncommon.

He lacks the mental toughness of Jordan and he needs to quit being compared to such perfection. His legacy will always be tarnished due to: teaming up with the 2nd best player at the time, making a spectacle of himself during "the decision", and quitting in the playoffs against the Celtics looking very disinterested the entire game. Other than further removing himself from finals perfection by failing against the Mavs, the 2011 finals loss was not a big deal due to lack of team chemistry. Wade isn't the player he once was, and Kobe is on the decline, so LBJ may be able to prove that he's a top 10 player by winning multiple finals MVPS and taking championships away from the Lakers and Thunder. Until he does, the continual "what if's" is all his fans have to hang onto regardless of their feelings toward his level of "Clutchness". I hope we see an increase in mental toughness otherwise all we'll have is a another "what could have been" story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Maybe kaiiu? Bladers is a Kobe/Lakers fan, ripthekik is not.
    Phong

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Plays? In the 2011 finals there were more than 8 plays in a game alone.
    We're talking about the 2011 final SERIES, the 2010 Celtics SERIES, times where he passed up the last shot. You guys know more about lebron than me, should know what they are. Hell, if we tried to get footage of everytime he choked, I don't think a documentary could cover it
    Well you definitely aren't talking about the whole series, because Lebron's overall series was pretty good that year.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    I've watched/been to more Cavs games for the 7 years Bron was on that team than almost anyone on this site. Suffice to say, when the entire defense knows your taking the last shot, a kick out to Marshall, Gibson, Damon Jones was not uncommon.

He lacks the mental toughness of Jordan and he needs to quit being compared to such perfection. His legacy will always be tarnished due to: teaming up with the 2nd best player at the time, making a spectacle of himself during "the decision", and quitting in the playoffs against the Celtics looking very disinterested the entire game. Other than further removing himself from finals perfection by failing against the Mavs, the 2011 finals loss was not a big deal due to lack of team chemistry. Wade isn't the player he once was, and Kobe is on the decline, so LBJ may be able to prove that he's a top 10 player by winning multiple finals MVPS and taking championships away from the Lakers and Thunder. Until he does, the continual "what if's" is all his fans have to hang onto regardless of their feelings toward his level of "Clutchness". I hope we see an increase in mental toughness otherwise all we'll have is a another "what could have been" story.

Now this is real talk. Appreciated.

Here's a few of my favorite pictures:

/Thread

Dude the LeBron generation is f*cking annoying.