Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default tonight marks the return of Carlos Boozer to Cleveland. Thought?

What are your thought about the whole Boozer fiasco that happened a few years ago? For those who don't know about this, him and Cleveland management engaged in a "wink, wink" deal that was going to ensure that Boozer remained a Cavalier. Well, it didn't happen that way, and many Cavs fans feel burned. However, many people tend to blame one party (Boozer) or the other (Cavs management). It's BOTH their faults. The Cavs shouldn't have granted Boozer free agency in the first place. It was in his right to negotiate a contract with another team. However, Boozer should've been more decisive. Either stay or go. If you tell the team you are going to resign, that doesn't BIND you to that organization until that piece of paper is signed, but it's still a snake move to bolt town.

He will get booed tonight, obviously, but this story is 3 years old. Let it go. Move on. The Cavs made the finals last season, and I doubt that the presense of Boozer would've put them over the top. Gooden has been a serviceable power forward as the replacement. Frontcourt scoring and rebounding are HARDLY problems that the Cavs face when it comes to the big picture.

Thoughts?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: tonight marks the return of Carlos Boozer to Cleveland. Thought?

Well i hope he doesnt get booed. Cos im watching the game tonight and i hope the jazz come away with a win. Booze can look past the booing but it helps when he doesnt. GO JAZZ!
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

I hope it's gonna just like last year, a whole lot of booing and a W for the Cavs

If Boozer had stayed in Cleveland, Hughes probably wouldn't be in a Cavs uniform right now ...
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

:P may the best team win...
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

I'm still bitter.

I love Boozer's skills, but have lost all respect for him as a person. The agreement was verbal, so that shows me his word is worthless.

What a monumental management error. I blame them as much as Boozer.

Still...life goes on.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cavaliers get their revenge on the Utah Jazz

Cavs win 99-94 Jazz

Lebron James 40 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 blks.

This is another Herculean effort by Lebron againts one of the best team in the Western Conference the mighty Utah Jazz, who have a 5 game winning streak but the Cavaliers snap their streak as we have seen one of the best performance from King James.

Lebron is definitely pound for pound the best player in the NBA.

A Great performance that would always be remember in the history of the NBA.

Amazing Stats, excellent defense, and clutch shooting performance in the 2nd half to annoint the new King of the NBA.

I think Lebron would be following in the paths of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan by taking the league by storm.

Lebron James deserve to be the face of the NBA.

1960's - Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell
1970's- Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Julius Erving
1980's- Magic Johnson and Larry Bird
1990's - Michael Jordan
2000 and Beyond- Shaq, Duncan and now King Lebron James
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I'm over the whole Boozer thing, but did anyone see the P.D. had an article about the most hated players in Cleveland sports history, and they had the balls to put Michael Jordan on it?

Yeah, he eliminated us all these years, but he's Michael Freaking Jordan. The most popular player to ever play the sport. What an insult.

Anyways, I'm more upset that we put all our money into Gooden than what happened with Boozer. First off it was a stupid management decision the way they allegedly went about it, and second off, we were lucky that Boozer panned out the way he did as a 2nd rounder in the first place. He was just going for the most money, the same as any other athlete. Maybe it was dishonest how he did it, but from what I understand, Cavs management wasn't exactly within rules with the agreement they thought they'd gotten.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Boozer > Gooden (By far)

LeBron > Just about everyone else in the NBA

James is the King. No doubt about that.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: