Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,181
ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
NJ TRADES
VC
Swift
Hassell
Ager
#2

NJ GETS
Gordon
Nocioni
M.Moore


CHI TRADES
Gordon
Nocioni
Hughes
Noah
#2

CHI GETS
VC
Miller
Swift
Hassell
Ager


SAC TRADES
Miller
Moore

SAC GETS
Hughes
Noah
#2 CHI
#2 NJ






NJ
Harris / Dooling
Gordon / CDR / Hayes
Nocioni / Simmons / R.Anderson
Yi / Najera / S.Williams
Lopez / Boone / Moore


CHICAGO
Hinrich / Rose
VC / Sefalosha / Ager
Deng / Hassell / Nichols?
Gooden / T.Thomas / C.Simmons
B. Miller / A. Gray / Swift


SACRAMENTO
Urdih / B.Jackson / Douby
Martin / Hughes / Garcia
Salmons / D.Greene
J.Thompson / Sh.Williams / K.Thomas
S. Hawes / J. Noah


Almost everybody gets rid of some dead weight and/or gets someone they've wanted.

Thoughts?

I don't think Sacramento fans would like it much unless we swapped Moore with K.Thomas, but no thanks, as a Nets a fan.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

I like it. Chicago gets Vince Carter and drops Hughes. Also I was never a fan of Noah, and I've always been a fan of Brad Miller. And he fits Chicago well, he is a big who is a great passer.

Only thing is, just makes you wonder what Chicago would of looked like with Beasley.

Hinrich
Carter
Deng
Beasley
Miller

^Seriously? That would of been killer. And since Nocioni would of been traded, when ever Deng went to the bench, Beasley would fill in at the 3 when you bring Gooden or Tyrus in. Damn, if something like that would happen, what a fun team to watch that would be.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancing with Miley
Posts: 8,158
wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

wow... Sac Town wont even be able to beat the Detroit Shocks!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

id welcome this trade. i think it would be a very good deal overall for the bulls. i just highly doubt sacramento would agree to it. and what would this do to the bulls salary? what does VC's contract look like? how many years? how much? would we still be able to be flexible in the free agent market of 2010?
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
id welcome this trade. i think it would be a very good deal overall for the bulls. i just highly doubt sacramento would agree to it. and what would this do to the bulls salary? what does VC's contract look like? how many years? how much? would we still be able to be flexible in the free agent market of 2010?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2982~136~998~829~1981~356~3224 ~2456~556~575&teams=4~4~4~4~17~23~23~17~4~17&te=&c ash=

Here's what that trade would look like, except I substituted Hinrich in for Gordon because that's what Gordon's salary will probably look like in this event.

So, salary-wise, we get rid of two long contracts and take one back that is almost as much for the same time period, but we get the legitimate star that we have been looking for. We also get back $7 million in expiring contracts after this year and $15 million in expirers for the 2010 offseason.

VC might not be at the top of his game anymore, and his attitude certainly isn't great, but then again, he's been stuck on underachieving Nets teams for the past few years. Put him in playoff contention and he might revert back to form. Not a bad trade for us, but I don't know if the other teams would like it. The Nets are trying to shed salary so they can sign Lebron...I don't know if they want two big, long-term contracts messing up the books.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,181
ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2982~136~998~829~1981~356~3224 ~2456~556~575&teams=4~4~4~4~17~23~23~17~4~17&te=&c ash=

Here's what that trade would look like, except I substituted Hinrich in for Gordon because that's what Gordon's salary will probably look like in this event.

So, salary-wise, we get rid of two long contracts and take one back that is almost as much for the same time period, but we get the legitimate star that we have been looking for. We also get back $7 million in expiring contracts after this year and $15 million in expirers for the 2010 offseason.

VC might not be at the top of his game anymore, and his attitude certainly isn't great, but then again, he's been stuck on underachieving Nets teams for the past few years. Put him in playoff contention and he might revert back to form. Not a bad trade for us, but I don't know if the other teams would like it. The Nets are trying to shed salary so they can sign Lebron...I don't know if they want two big, long-term contracts messing up the books.

I'm a Nets fan, and many other Nets fan have given positive feedback. Really we're not taking on any more salary considering VC's contract is about the same as Gordon and Nocioni combined.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
I'm a Nets fan, and many other Nets fan have given positive feedback. Really we're not taking on any more salary considering VC's contract is about the same as Gordon and Nocioni combined.

Good point, I wasn't thinking about it like that.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

I like the idea of getting Vince Carter but I'm just not sure about giving up Noah just yet. He had a decent rookie season and I think paired up with the right player (a PF who can score) he'd be really good. I like the way Noah plays and I think he can become a better version of Tyson Chandler. I can see him becoming a 10/10 guy, easily.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #9
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I like the idea of getting Vince Carter but I'm just not sure about giving up Noah just yet. He had a decent rookie season and I think paired up with the right player (a PF who can score) he'd be really good. I like the way Noah plays and I think he can become a better version of Tyson Chandler. I can see him becoming a 10/10 guy, easily.

We would have Brad Miller. Who is a hell of a lot better than Noah. And if this team was put on the floor, we would be in the Playoffs and have the players to get something done in the Playoffs. Meaning possibly make a run at the ECF.

You have 2 point guards who are going to run the show, never really lossing anything.
You have VC and Thabo. A stud and a great guy to come off the bench.
Deng.
Solid 4 man play with Gooden and Tyrus.
And a legit center in Brad Miller.

That'd be a very solid team.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #10
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Brad Miller is at the end of his prime right now where as Noah only just finished his rookie season. I'd keep Noah over Brad Miller right now and just try to sign a PF who can make up for Noah's offense. I still say if you pair him up with someone like Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, etc. that Noah would be great next to them. Like I said... I think Noah is a Tyson Chandler kind of player only will be better at scoring and not as great at rebounding. I still say he'll average 10/10 which is solid if they can pair him up with a PF who can score 20 PPG.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Trade Scenario: NJ/CHI/SAC (BG S&T)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Brad Miller is at the end of his prime right now where as Noah only just finished his rookie season. I'd keep Noah over Brad Miller right now and just try to sign a PF who can make up for Noah's offense. I still say if you pair him up with someone like Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, etc. that Noah would be great next to them. Like I said... I think Noah is a Tyson Chandler kind of player only will be better at scoring and not as great at rebounding. I still say he'll average 10/10 which is solid if they can pair him up with a PF who can score 20 PPG.

He doesn't even need a 20 ppg scorer to play with, he just needs someone that can consistently hit a 15-18 foot jumper. That way the defense can't sag both their big men in the paint to cut off the guards that are driving. I think Gooden and TT fit that profile just fine.

I think Gooden is really being sold short by most people on this board. He didn't put up eye-popping numbers in Cleveland, but that's because they already had their superstar getting 30/game and Ilgauskas was the interior scorer, so Gooden was relegated to mop-up duty. In limited time after a trade, Gooden did very well. I can't wait to see what he can do this season when he is healthy and has a training camp with the rest of the players under his belt.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy